Leaf management time....

limblips

PREMO Member
WTF? Got a a link? A bit sorta spendy for freakin’ leaves, but I seriously could be talked into it.

OTOH I’m watching “ A Prarie Home Companion” which has amazing music in it. Highly recommended.

https://www.youtube.com/user/CycloneRake

And yes it does work just like the video. If you consider the time involved over the 15 years I have owned it I figure it has paid for itself. One of the really great features is the suction hose, it lets me get the leaves out of the shrubs and beds without raking! If you have 2-3 neighbors go in with you it would be cheap!
www.cyclonerake.com

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Actually,yes. I need details, specifically in crayon, cuz like, I’m stupid. No, really, I’m both drunk AND stupid. For real. Details, man. Not kidding. I’m talking red wine. Cuz, it’s well, it’s Saturday.

Red wine details. In crayon. :yay:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
The prevailing winds take care of our fallen leaves. I just have to make sure the grass was mowed at the end of the season and mother nature takes care of pushing most of the leaves back in to the edge of the woods. Stihl leaf blower takes care of the ones that get "trapped" amongst the buildings where the wind can't get to them..

glhs837

Power with Control
My trees would scoff and laugh at a battery operated blower. We’re completely surrounded by trees and it’s a couple acres.

Have a weak 20 volt blower. Not good for much beyond blowing stuff off the porch. Got a used Husquevarna backpack a couple years back. Holy crap, it's like magic wand. 2-3 years of leaf mould? BLows that stuff up and away. If I had to gather, I might go another route, but I just blow back inot the forest.

dgates80

Land of the lost
The prevailing winds take care of our fallen leaves. I just have to make sure the grass was mowed at the end of the season and mother nature takes care of pushing most of the leaves back in to the edge of the woods. Stihl leaf blower takes care of the ones that get "trapped" amongst the buildings where the wind can't get to them..

Wow, must be nice. Here if the wind blows it just causes more leaves to fall.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Wow, must be nice. Here if the wind blows it just causes more leaves to fall.

As payback, every time the yard floods from a high tide, it leaves a ton of debris behind. Happens about 4 to 5 times every year.

I'd rather have to rake leaves once or twice instead.. ;-p

softtouch

Have a neighbor with a giant, leaf shedding tree that resides just barely on HIS property but, often sheds leaves into my gutters and property. Is there any recourse I can follow to stop the problem?
You could offer to foot the cost of removing the tree. Or, just focus on how much you enjoy the shade in the summer.

OldHillcrestGuy

Seemed to be a crazy year with the leaves, I think they came down awfully late. I have 2 big maples out front and they dropped all their leaves within 4 days. Yesterdays wind was a welcomed help, they blew most of them away so that my Cubby could bag the rest without a whole lot a problems. Made a couple of trips to the back of my yard to burn them. Still have 2 Bradford pears that haven't dropped a leaf yet out front.
Bagged my backyard without much effort and burned them and I would say about 75% of my leaves are done. When needed I have Stihl blower (85C I think) that I bought about 10 years ago, thing has been great with no problems.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
My numerous trees still have plenty of leaves. I'll call my lawn dude in another week or so and have him come take care of it for me.

glhs837

Power with Control
My numerous trees still have plenty of leaves. I'll call my lawn dude in another week or so and have him come take care of it for me.

Fancy..... of course, I'll be having my leaf boy handle mine, soooooo. But only because I can only lift 5lbs for next few week.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Fancy..... of course, I'll be having my leaf boy handle mine, soooooo. But only because I can only lift 5lbs for next few week.

I have 2 acres, partially wooded. I have also done leaf management by hand and it about killed me. I am MORE than happy to pay someone to come and do it for me! :yay: