Leaf management time....

MiddleGround

He's too focused on trying to control the content of posts on this forum. It's a full-time job for him.

Do me a favor. With the cold weather setting in, could you possibly put your fingers in your ears and close your mouth? It's gettin' chilly in here :yay:

calvcopf

Seems like too much work to rake and bag leaves. Anyone else just mow over them to mulch them up?

xobxdoc

Got my cyclone rake in 2002. It does wonders for the 4 leaf blizzards I go through every year. It does grass also. It's worth it for the 2 acres I deal with.

Clem72

Have a weak 20 volt blower. Not good for much beyond blowing stuff off the porch. Got a used Husquevarna backpack a couple years back. Holy crap, it's like magic wand. 2-3 years of leaf mould? BLows that stuff up and away. If I had to gather, I might go another route, but I just blow back inot the forest.

Newer 80v systems blow harder than most non-commercial gas blowers. My Lowes special (Kobalt) does 580CFM and performs better than the $200 husqvarna I used for many years. And not having to mix gas is a nice bonus.

dgates80

Land of the lost
Seems like too much work to rake and bag leaves. Anyone else just mow over them to mulch them up?
Yup. After the blow-and-tarp to get the majority I overmow to get the stragglers. Thinking about throwing some grass seed for spring maybe, whatcha think?

dgates80

Land of the lost
Newer 80v systems blow harder than most non-commercial gas blowers. My Lowes special (Kobalt) does 580CFM and performs better than the $200 husqvarna I used for many years. And not having to mix gas is a nice bonus.

Oh, bite me.
Just kidding, 80v, seriously? How long is it good for though? My blower sessions are usually 2-3 hours minimum....

Clem72

Oh, bite me.
Just kidding, 80v, seriously? How long is it good for though? My blower sessions are usually 2-3 hours minimum....

Probably won't work well for you then. The 2.5AH battery gives maybe 20 minutes on the highest speed (about 45 minutes on low), and the battery takes about 20 minutes to charge. My property usually only takes 15-20 minutes if I keep on it weekly. If I have to do more or use a different tool I just swap batteries every 20 minutes (I have three from three tools).