Leaf management

dgates80

Land of the lost
I have spent the last two days running the leaf blower. Gak.

1. It is leaf relocation, not removal. Leaves never go away.
2. It is futile, in so much as more leaves are gonna fall tomorrow, where you move them away from.
3. It is futile, as more leaves will grow next year.
4. Tip: start on the roof / gutters first. Don't do them last like I did.
5. I then had to re-blow, and my wife got to point and laugh.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

An exercise in futility. I just leave, (that could be a pun) nature to her own. Eventually, they are blow away in time or are cut, what ever is left, into mulch during the springs first grass cut.

bilbur

My dad has a DR Leaf vacuum that attaches to his lawnmower. That thing sucks, um, in a good way. A little expensive but highly recommended if you have a large yard. It chops the leaves into little pieces that work great for mixing into soil in the spring to help aerate the soil for your garden. The down side is it is very loud and you definitely need ear protection.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If I may ...

An exercise in futility. I just leave, (that could be a pun) nature to her own. Eventually, they are blow away in time or are cut, what ever is left, into mulch during the springs first grass cut.

It kills your grass to do that, plus it looks ugly.

I do not miss leaf management season AT ALL. I'm sitting here in my happy little office nook looking out over the woods, with the leaves falling and the colors so pretty, without the dread I used to feel.

Hank

my war
If I may ...

You're one of "those" people, huh? Got some cars on blocks in the front yard and some algae ridden siding on the house as well?

vince77

My first year without leaf hell, started in August, ended second week of December. Goodbye blower, goodbye rake, goodbye lawn tractor and bagger twice a week for more than 3 months. Fall is a beautiful time of year again.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...
You're one of "those" people, huh? Got some cars on blocks in the front yard and some algae ridden siding on the house as well?
Nope, not at all. I just like the leaves all over the place, walking through them, smelling them, looking at them. It's called fall for a reason. Never could figure out why so many people, including my dad, are/were so anal about leaves. The wind will carry them away, and what's left is taken care of come spring.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
I'm sitting here watching a commercial for the Worx Trivac.

I have so many spots for leaves that using a mower isn't going to work.

steppinthrax

I hop on my lawnmower and put the blade down and chop them up. In a few months they pretty much dissolve. the insects among other things will eat them. When they are large it takes forever for them to break down.

NBF

Back Blowers

Backpack blowers are da bomb, by the way.

I am also tired of the leaves and broke down and bought a STIHL blower. Real nice power but 22 lbs gets heavy after an hour or so and four hours will kill you and your knees. Will have you walking wobbly for a couple of hours afterwards. My arm also hurt for a day or so!

I did see a HURRICANE BLO-VAC X3 the other day and its impressive. But most likely for commercial outfits or those that have much acreage. Not sure how much they are but got to be over $1000 or more.

My son wanted to try out the STIHL so I placed it on his back and held it by the handle so it wouldn't place all the weight on him. When he squeezed the trigger it spun him around! He's almost 60 lbs!

Still searching for the perfect solution other than moving to a condo!

NBF

Last edited: