Learn About Oyster Farming - Tonight!

Crow Bait

Richard Pelz, CEO/president, Circle C Oyster Ranch, will discuss “Raising Oysters in the Chesapeake” at the upcoming meeting of the Coastal Conservation Association Maryland (CCA MD), Patuxent River Chapter. The meeting is scheduled for 7:30 p.m., Wednesday, Sept. 26, at the California VFW Hall, 23282 Three Notch Rd., California. It is free and open to the public.

Crow Bait said:
Richard Pelz, CEO/president, Circle C Oyster Ranch, will discuss “Raising Oysters in the Chesapeake” at the upcoming meeting of the Coastal Conservation Association Maryland (CCA MD), Patuxent River Chapter. The meeting is scheduled for 7:30 p.m., Wednesday, Sept. 26, at the California VFW Hall, 23282 Three Notch Rd., California. It is free and open to the public.

Used to work at an oyster farm on Long Island in my just-out-of-high-school days. That had to be the smelliest, muddiest, gross-est, backbreaking job I ever had. But you get a true understanding of just what is needed for these guys to survive and thrive. My mom HATED when I came home at night. I'd have to strip in the garage and throw everything in the wash, then head for the showers myself.