Learn How to Catch Spanish Mackerel - Wed, August 22, 730pm

Crow Bait

Capt Bob Reed of Kilmarnock, Virginia will be the guest speaker at the monthly meeting of the Patuxent River Chapter of the Coastal Conservation Association @7:30pm, August 22nd at the California VFW.

The meeting is free and open to the public... feel free to bring a friend. Also...the beer at the VFW is REEEAAALY Cheap!

See you there!

Crow Bait said:
Capt Bob Reed of Kilmarnock, Virginia will be the guest speaker at the monthly meeting of the Patuxent River Chapter of the Coastal Conservation Association @7:30pm, August 22nd at the California VFW.

The meeting is free and open to the public... feel free to bring a friend. Also...the beer at the VFW is REEEAAALY Cheap!

See you there!
I've only caught two, but they impressed the heck out of me with their speed. One I caught casting to breaking fish off the back of the boat. He hit and in no time there was a large arc of mono leading toward the front of the boat with me reeling as fast as I could. You could hear the line hiss through the water.

Crow Bait

They are fast... I normally catch them while trolling for rock and blues, but I'm told you can make adjustment to target Macs specifically. I've heard most people troll for them @ 7.5 kts!!!