Learned four things this weekend

glhs837

Power with Control
1. Love my new handgun. Oddly enough, practicing cycles with it empty at home was far less effective than shooting it on the range.

2. 50 rounds goes WAAAAYYYYYYY too fast. FBS offered up some 1,000 round buckets of 9mm the other day and I didnt really look. After blowing through my 50 and heading out, I asked if they had any more of thsoe buckets :)

3. The Maglula magazine loading tool is on the "Close to sliced bread" list.

4. relates to covered bridges and will be covered separatley.

nutz

Posted here because, isnt FBS an INDOOR range? :whistle: Glad you had a good time. The 50 round dilemma is why I usually tote along a .22 something, the ammo “used to be” considerably cheaper.

glhs837

Power with Control
Posted here because, isnt FBS an INDOOR range? :whistle: Glad you had a good time. The 50 round dilemma is why I usually tote along a .22 something, the ammo “used to be” considerably cheaper.

Good point, we dont have a shooting sports subforum, I dont think, although there is a "Fantasy Dragons" or some such :) I didnt take the .22 becuase this was really just a fam for the new gun. One of the FBS guys asked "leaving so soon? to which I mentioned that one of the bennies of being a member and living 8 minutes away was that I can drop in for 15 minutes and I'm not wasting anything as I would be if I was paying the hour minimum.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Good point, we dont have a shooting sports subforum, I dont think, although there is a "Fantasy Dragons" or some such :)

Maybe the Bored Mommy will see your post and add a sub-catagory for the shooting public.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Boke ass Shooters just opened a range down our way.. haven't checked it out yet, as I kind of have a range of my own.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
3. The Maglula magazine loading tool is on the "Close to sliced bread" list.

That!. My wife's fingers were barely strong enough to repeatedly load mags for her 45 and that little gizmo made her smile big time!

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
So do I, but mine isn't kept at 70 degrees year round. Nor will my targets scamper downrange and come back me Not since the kids moved out anyway :)
Have played with any of the other neat features built in to their target handling system?..target rotation, for example.

glhs837

Power with Control
Have played with any of the other neat features built in to their target handling system?..target rotation, for example.

Steve showed me when I came down with the rifle, but I haven't yet. The only visit with the handgun was just a fam (see "50 rounds goes FAST) so far, so I have not played with that yet. Need to get more ammo and finish getting the hang of this before running drills.