Lease Sought

ThreePs

:howdy:
I am registering to the forum in hopes of researching Southern Maryland horse folks with potential riderless horse/lease situations. I read the forum rules and as I am not advertising a business or selling anything, I think this post is acceptable.

I am an adult intermediate rider with a diverse background that includes years and years of horse ownership as well as formal training. I spend the workweek in Alexandria, VA and need a situation within a 45min commute. Originally I am from Calvert County and have learned the commute over the WWB to MD is much easier than the commute deeper into VA, which I undertake once or twice a week for lessons with an eventing coach and attending horse trials as a spectator/groom.

Due to be both time and finances, I am seeking a half lease. The ideal mount would have CT/HT training as I enjoy both dressage, jumping, and hacking out. The barn is probably just as important as the horse, so a facility that accommodates year-round riding and is not a lesson mill are must-haves.

In my recent past I was paid to ride, so I am still wrapping my head around paying to ride outside of an instructional setting. With that said, I am not interested in paying for the privilege of schooling green beans, pasture puffs, or homicidal/suicidal lunatics (horse or human ;).

Please email if you know a potentially suitable situation: malibumorgan@gmail.com. Thank you for your time!

(My ThreePs stand for: Persistence, Patience, Perseverance. I’m trying!)

fredsaid2

You might get a better response from the Chronicle of the Horse forums. There have been several riderless horse/horseless rider threads.
Good luck!

BlissfulJumper

Equestrian :)
I am registering to the forum in hopes of researching Southern Maryland horse folks with potential riderless horse/lease situations. I read the forum rules and as I am not advertising a business or selling anything, I think this post is acceptable.

I am an adult intermediate rider with a diverse background that includes years and years of horse ownership as well as formal training. I spend the workweek in Alexandria, VA and need a situation within a 45min commute. Originally I am from Calvert County and have learned the commute over the WWB to MD is much easier than the commute deeper into VA, which I undertake once or twice a week for lessons with an eventing coach and attending horse trials as a spectator/groom.

Due to be both time and finances, I am seeking a half lease. The ideal mount would have CT/HT training as I enjoy both dressage, jumping, and hacking out. The barn is probably just as important as the horse, so a facility that accommodates year-round riding and is not a lesson mill are must-haves.

In my recent past I was paid to ride, so I am still wrapping my head around paying to ride outside of an instructional setting. With that said, I am not interested in paying for the privilege of schooling green beans, pasture puffs, or homicidal/suicidal lunatics (horse or human ;).

Please email if you know a potentially suitable situation: malibumorgan@gmail.com. Thank you for your time!

You PMed me about my guy and based off reading your post he isn't really what you are looking for. Your looking for a horse that you can kinda hop on and go and Bailey needs to be brought back from a long lay off. And we are about an hour to hour and a half away from you

paintedpony1234

Horsey Girl
you can try Sam Allan Allan Sport Horses :: Training And Services ::

Thats in Brandywine.. so not too far from the whole commuting thing.. I know there is a girl that rides there right now who works/ lives in Arlington. Sam has one school master that I know of right now available for people to take lessons on and she has an indoor and amazing barn setup.

You can also try posting a classified ad on the MCTA website.

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
ThreeP's I'm looking for an Intermediate to Advanced working student, but central Calvert County might be to far for you to drive? Are you only interested in Eventing and Dressage? I was wondering the same thing as SPARKS about how far you would travel?

BentleysRider

Also interested in how far you are willing to travel. I am in a temporary situation of not being able to ride due to an injury, and don't want my guy to sit around for the next 6 months. I have a more-or-less all weather riding area (does not qualify as a ring but drains well), and my Canadian Sport Horse (age 6, 15.3) is used for trail riding and is schooling dressage, plus generally trying out new things like games. I haven't jumped him because I don't jump, but the lunge work over small bounces seemed to entertain him. However, I live in Solomons at my own place - the only horses are those my husband and I own.

ThreePs

Willing to commute

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Sorry if my first post was not specific enough; I am willing to commute 45mins from Alexandria, VA. How many miles that is can vary significantly depending on traffic patterns.

Sparks- You can email me at malibumorgan@gmail.com to let me know your location if you are unsure if you are 45mins from Alexandria. I'm just over the WWB.

Fred and PaintedPony- Thanks for the suggestions: I had forgotten about MDTCA.

BZ- I grew up riding and owning horses in Calvert Co. I currently rehabbing my back so I am unable to muck stalls or heft hay/bedding/feed, so I might not be what you need.

Sadie- Oh FL! Maybe one day I'll be so lucky to travel the circuits between MD/VA and FL.

Bentley- Your boy sounds right up my alley. Unfortunately Solomons is quite a bit further south than my 45min commute range. Thank you for considering me, though.

Thanks everyone who has posted or emailed. Hope my silly email address isn't turning anyone away; I'm not a Malibu Barbie, just a former Malibu local.

Last edited:

Sparks

You're about 45-55 minutes from me. I also have a friend much closer to you that may have a lease available. Let me ask her.

Sent you an email.

Last edited:

Sparks

Sparks would be in shock if he had to w-o-r-k again..instead of eating and practicing his pasture puff routine.

LOL. He actually gets ridden a few times a month. He was in shock the last few weeks when willow bruised her foot. He got ridden 2x a week!

lovemyber135

half lease

my good friend jen cherest has a horse for half lease send me a message if you are interested

ThreePs

Following up

Hey All,

I am following up on as many situations as I can to determine the best possible match. Thank you everyone for your responses and help in finding me a horse to love on.

Lovemyber- I PMed you about your friend's horse but did not believe I received a response. If you emailed me and I have forgotten, I apologize.

As a reminder to anyone who thinks they have have or know of a suitable situation, I am an adult intermediate rider who is out of shape and seeking saddle time two or three times a week within a 45min commute of Alexandria, VA. I have experience in horse ownership and formal training. My ideal horse would have CT/eventing experience. A facility with an indoor would be fantastic, as Fall is here and daylight is waning. I can be reached via email at malibumorgan@gmail.com.

Thanks guys!!