LeBron James’ Group Pushes To Turn Sports Arenas Into ‘Mega Polling Sites’ To Combat ‘Racist Voter Suppression’

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
James’s “More Than A Vote” organization — a group of African-American athletes and artists working together in “combating systemic, racist voter suppression” — is pushing for sports arenas to be used as in-person balloting venues this year as part of its larger effort to maximize black voter turnout.

The group, formed this spring as the COVID-19 pandemic brought sports to a standstill, discussed the initiative with The Associated Press on Wednesday “after the Detroit Pistons became the second NBA franchise to announce plans to use its arena for voting later this year.”

“James and his voting rights group, formed this spring with other black athletes and entertainers, are joining with other professional basketball leaders and Michigan’s top elections official to push for mega voting sites to accommodate in-person balloting amid the COVID-19 pandemic,” AP reported.

“The idea, which comes after Kentucky used large facilities in its June 23 primary, is to use large spaces that allow for in-person voting while still enforcing social distancing guidelines,” AP explained. “It also underscores the attention on the mechanics of voting amid the pandemic, with the intensity already reflected in both President Donald Trump and Democratic challenger Joe Biden warning that state and local officials have the power to ‘corrupt’ the election.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/lebr...ling-cites-to-combat-racist-voter-suppression

:sshrug:

I don't see a problem with this, only the rhetoric about voter suppression

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Um, if people can't get to their local polling place how are they going to make it to some sports arena?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Point

Haha the same way they Open Bank Accounts or Rent an Apt or Buy a Cell Phone items requiring an ID

DaSDGuy

James’s “More Than A Vote” organization — a group of African-American athletes and artists working together in “combating systemic, racist voter suppression” — is pushing for sports arenas to be used as in-person balloting venues this year as part of its larger effort to maximize black voter turnout.

The group, formed this spring as the COVID-19 pandemic brought sports to a standstill, discussed the initiative with The Associated Press on Wednesday “after the Detroit Pistons became the second NBA franchise to announce plans to use its arena for voting later this year.”

“James and his voting rights group, formed this spring with other black athletes and entertainers, are joining with other professional basketball leaders and Michigan’s top elections official to push for mega voting sites to accommodate in-person balloting amid the COVID-19 pandemic,” AP reported.

“The idea, which comes after Kentucky used large facilities in its June 23 primary, is to use large spaces that allow for in-person voting while still enforcing social distancing guidelines,” AP explained. “It also underscores the attention on the mechanics of voting amid the pandemic, with the intensity already reflected in both President Donald Trump and Democratic challenger Joe Biden warning that state and local officials have the power to ‘corrupt’ the election.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/lebr...ling-cites-to-combat-racist-voter-suppression

:sshrug:

I don't see a problem with this, only the rhetoric about voter suppression
What, and use black panthers for security since that worked so well in philly for obamoa in '08 and '12?

Reactions: BOP

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
It's perplexing that all of these minority SJWs never address black on black crime in the hood. I can't think of a deadlier issue than thugs shooting each other. Heck, I check the weekend Chicago shot/killed stats like I did sports stats back when they played pro sports in the US.

Right after shootings they should harp on fathers raising their kids and at least attempting to do well in school. Fix those 3 things and life will be much more rewarding for millions of minorities.

Hijinx

This doesn't make sense.
How many people will go past their local polling place to drive more distance and try to find a place to park so they can vote at the
Basketball stadium.?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Lebron is just trying to make money. He doesn't give a chit about black lives or any life besides his own. He only cares about getting paid.

PeoplesElbow

This doesn't make sense.
How many people will go past their local polling place to drive more distance and try to find a place to park so they can vote at the
Basketball stadium.?
I'm pretty sure people like him dont think people live anywhere but cities.

Reactions: BOP

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I wonder if he still doesn't want anything to do with white people.