Led Zep on XM

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
Three weeks ago Zeppelin was bestowed with their own channel on XM Radio. I learned about and listened to it just a couple days ago, after reading the press release on their site.
The new channel, "XM LED: The Led Zeppelin Channel" (XM 59), will feature the band's complete audio catalog, interviews with band members and other unique content that celebrates the musical contributions of Led Zeppelin. (Press release.)
My initial reaction was one of joy, because they are one of my favorite bands... but now I think it's rather excessive. A channel dedicated to one band? After about an hour I'm hungry for something else. :shrug:

Oh, and is anyone from SoMD heading over to London to watch them perform on 10 Dec.? :biggrin:

Three weeks ago Zeppelin was bestowed with their own channel on XM Radio. I learned about and listened to it just a couple days ago, after reading the press release on their site.My initial reaction was one of joy, because they are one of my favorite bands... but now I think it's rather excessive. A channel dedicated to one band? After about an hour I'm hungry for something else. :shrug:

Oh, and is anyone from SoMD heading over to London to watch them perform on 10 Dec.? :biggrin:

Different idea for sure.

Cletus_Vandam

I have both Sirius and XM. XM is just following Sirius' lead. Sirius has had an Elvis channel for years. I think Sirius also had a channel devoted to The Who.

With regard to getting tired of Zep on XM... That's the beauty of sat radio. Get tired of something and there's another five to ten channels of the same style music to switch to.

Personally, I welcome Led Zep to the lineup. :justmytwocents:

E

(((echo)))

I tried to listed to LED but after 3 tunes i was quick to go back to squizz (which is now starting to sound like crap)

mainman

Set Trippin
I have both Sirius and XM. XM is just following Sirius' lead. Sirius has had an Elvis channel for years. I think Sirius also had a channel devoted to The Who.

With regard to getting tired of Zep on XM... That's the beauty of sat radio. Get tired of something and there's another five to ten channels of the same style music to switch to.

Personally, I welcome Led Zep to the lineup. :justmytwocents:
Sirius has the following dedicated channels:

Springsteen,
Elvis,
The Grateful Dead Channel,
Siriusly Sinatra,
Oh and the Otter channel :otter:

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
A channel dedicated to one band? After about an hour I'm hungry for something else. :shrug:
After listening for a few weeks, I still feel the same way. The Zep Channel has introduced me to some great songs I had not heard before, but it should be savored in moderation - especially when it appears they play on a 2- or 3-hour track loop.