Left at the Altar

Misfit

Lawful neutral
http://offbeatbride.com/2014/12/i-got-left-at-the-altar

Five days before the wedding the unexpected happened. My fiancé and I sat down and he told me that he was not in love with me, and did not want to marry me, or spend the rest of his life with me.

I was in complete shock and had no idea what to think or do. I was numb. The next couple days were a blur of calling guests, canceling services, and figuring out our living arrangements. Fortunately, my friends and family surrounded me and showed me endless love and support.

As the day that was supposed to be my wedding day approached, none of us knew what to do, think, or feel. I knew that a pity party was the farthest thing from what I wanted or needed. A few people brought up the idea of trashing the dress, and at first it sounded crazy. My mother spent so much money on the dress and alterations, so I was nervous to even think about destroying it, let alone try and pitch the idea to her. But after thinking about it, I knew that doing something to mark the occasion was the perfect thing for me. I was not going to let my ex-fiancé's mistake of letting me go take away my happiness.

Attachments

• Trash-The-Dress-Elizabeth-Hoard-Photography-255-of-319.jpg
    Trash-The-Dress-Elizabeth-Hoard-Photography-255-of-319.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 217

SG_Player1974

But after thinking about it, I knew that doing something to mark the occasion was the perfect thing for me. I was not going to let my ex-fiancé's mistake of letting me go take away my happiness.

Obviously the cost of the dress (not paid by you from what I read) and the amount of time to pay for and do the alterations (not paid for by you from what I read) were not going to get in the way of YOUR happiness either. GOD FORBID YOU ARE NOT HAPPY!!

nobody really

I need a nap
Obviously the cost of the dress (not paid by you from what I read) and the amount of time to pay for and do the alterations (not paid for by you from what I read) were not going to get in the way of YOUR happiness either. GOD FORBID YOU ARE NOT HAPPY!!

her d*ck weed fiancé told her 5 days before the wedding. i'm sure nothing was getting in the way of his happiness either. i'm sure some of the costs of cancelling arrangements could not be refunded. I would have done the same thing. at least it makes it memorable, and they probably had fun doing it.

BOP

At least he told her ahead of time, and didn't just leave her literally at the alter. Granted, he should have told her a long time before he did, but 5 days was at least time to cancel services and notify guests.

Oh, and at least he had the decency to sit down with her and tell her in person. How many times do we hear of somebody these days, especially men, texting or tweeting or phoning their fiances and telling them that way?

Last edited: