left over crabs

Ponytail

Ok, thanks, but THAT thread was of absolutely NO help to me what so ever. Please, I beg you, don't EVER refer me to another thread that Dems has started.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
kwillia said:
If it's been longer than two days, you are probably better off. I hear food poison from spoiled seafood is extremely painful and nasty...:barf::dead:
Oh, he'll be fine. :rolleyes:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
We had 3 1/2 bushels of crabs Sunday at my parents. My dad cooked them. My son picked about 10 of them today and I just fixed some really good crabcakes. :yum:

cattitude said:
We had 3 1/2 bushels of crabs Sunday at my parents. My dad cooked them. My son picked about 10 of them today and I just fixed some really good crabcakes. :yum:
You are still in the "two day safe zone"...:shrug:

Triggerfish

kwillia said:
If it's been longer than two days, you are probably better off. I hear food poison from spoiled seafood is extremely painful and nasty...:barf::dead:

ahhh....yeah.... I got food poisoning from eating bad shrimp on a Continental flight from Tokyo going to Guam. It ruined my whole trip. Very painful abdominal pains.

Triggerfish

Continental gave me a $200 certificate but considering we used over $500 for airfare and hotel it didn't make up for it.

RodRugg

Wow! That's good to know and explains a lot! This guy down the street used to walk around everywhere with crab meat in his pocket so he could feed the fish and squirrels. One time he fell off his balcony into a potting shed that was all padlocked up and broke his leg. When they finally found him, he hadn't eat none of that crab meat at all. Now I know why! Anyways, they said he lived for about 3 weeks.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
RodRugg said:
Wow! That's good to know and explains a lot! This guy down the street used to walk around everywhere with crab meat in his pocket so he could feed the fish and squirrels. One time he fell off his balcony into a potting shed that was all padlocked up and broke his leg. When they finally found him, he hadn't eat none of that crab meat at all. Now I know why! Anyways, they said he lived for about 3 weeks.
:love:

D

dems4me

crab steaming

When you are steaming live crabs in full steam - how long do you keep them on if you are steaming about 4 or 5 at a time... they turn red, but how much longer after that? Is there a set time per/crab amount?