Leg/Calf Pain

R

Roxy1104

During the summer I noticed on my calf that it looked like a vein had popped, although it didn't turn blue or anything. I still have a bump. A few weeks ago it started hurting, and it's been getting worse, to the point of it keeping me up at night and causing some numbness in my calf and foot. I don't have any health insurance and I'm not one quick to run off to the doctor's office. Anyone else have or know of anyone experiencing anything like this? :confused:

hulagirl

Was wondering if it could be a blood clot. You need to be careful if it is. You have to get to a doctor especially if it is causing numbness. Can't you look into some kind of charity health cases or something? No matter what you have to go get it checked out. Please do. Keep researching - webmd
google - leg pain....find out all you can.
Happy New year

Cowgirl

Call the Health Department and see if there are any clinics that do a sliding scale. Maybe you can get discounted rates (depending on your income). I'd go to a doctor though.

jenbengen

Watch it
During the summer I noticed on my calf that it looked like a vein had popped, although it didn't turn blue or anything. I still have a bump. A few weeks ago it started hurting, and it's been getting worse, to the point of it keeping me up at night and causing some numbness in my calf and foot. I don't have any health insurance and I'm not one quick to run off to the doctor's office. Anyone else have or know of anyone experiencing anything like this? :confused:

I would take that seriously. Blood clots have symptoms like that and you shouldn't mess around with it. This is one of those things you should go in for. I'm sensitive to the no-insurance thing (my parents have none) and would tell my mom to definitely go. It could easily be something very simple, but unusual bumps or lumps that cause pain send me in.

Leg Blood Clot Symptoms
Symptoms occur in the affected leg when a clot obstructs blood flow and causes inflammation. Symptoms may include the following:

Swelling
Gradual onset of pain
Redness
Warm to touch
Worsening leg pain when bending the foot
Leg cramps, especially at night
Bluish or whitish discoloration of skin
Almost 30-50% of individuals have no complaints.

Last edited:

Beelzebaby666

Has confinement issues..
I haven't had healthy insurance in three years. It's been cheaper, honestly, to go with out it and I wasn't sick anymore after I had to let it go.

I did have a scare last year and went to the HD to see about a cancer screening..With their help, for 50 bucks I went to this NP in Leonardtown .:yay: No worries.

Good luck to you!:huggy:

wineo

loving life
You can apply for Health Share and it covers testing, co-pay is 15.00 and meds are very low cost. Can apply at the Health Dept or get an application from DSS. It is only good in St. Mary's and there is no dental or vision. It works when you have nothing else, Roxy you should qualify because you have a kid and supporting both on one income.

Call either 301-475-4330 or 240-795-2000 and ask about Health Share.

I would take that seriously. Blood clots have symptoms like that and you shouldn't mess around with it. This is one of those things you should go in for. I'm sensitive to the no-insurance thing (my parents have none) and would tell my mom to definitely go. It could easily be something very simple, but unusual bumps or lumps that cause pain send me in.

Leg Blood Clot Symptoms
Symptoms occur in the affected leg when a clot obstructs blood flow and causes inflammation. Symptoms may include the following:

Swelling
Gradual onset of pain
Redness
Warm to touch
Worsening leg pain when bending the foot
Leg cramps, especially at night
Bluish or whitish discoloration of skin
Almost 30-50% of individuals have no complaints.

I had a clot once, a DVT. I never saw so many colors in my leg... yellow, blue, black, red....

If there is any chance it is a blood clot, you need to have it checked right away. If the clot breaks up and moves, it could lodge in your lungs or brain and kill you. Being serious here, no joke. Been there.

It could also just be a ruptured vein, but that requires treatment too.

SoMDGirl42

I agree with all the previous posts, you should have it checked out for a blood clot.

On that note, the health department also has a program called MCHIPS. It's a program similar to medicaid but with families with a little higher income (if you don't qualify for medicaid). It's worth checking out.

R

Roxy1104

Thanks everyone for the information. There is no color change in my skin, and my leg is not swollen, but there is a bulge there. I will definately be getting this checked out and calling about MCHIPS and Health Share. It hurts a lot and has been keeping me up at night, and the numbness/tingling sensation is driving me nuts. :jameo:

gumbo

FIGHT CLUB !
Thanks everyone for the information. There is no color change in my skin,but it's tighter and no it's not my leg thats swollen, yes there is a bulge there. I definately want this getting checked out and calling about anyone willing to Share. Its hard a lot and has been keeping me up at night, and the stiff/tingling sensation is driving me nuts. :jameo:
:fixed:

What happens when you rub it?

J/K:howdy: Read your karma.