Legal ??? MJ tickets: To Sell or Not To Sell

shannonbrio

So on a whim, I entered the lottery for MJ tickets and won! (Go figure, the first time I win something). I am unable to attend. Question is...Can I sell my code (not the actual tickets)on eBay? Any thoughts?

sunflower

Loving My Life...
So on a whim, I entered the lottery for MJ tickets and won! (Go figure, the first time I win something). I am unable to attend. Question is...Can I sell my code (not the actual tickets)on eBay? Any thoughts?

I'm sure ppl will pay for it :duh:

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!

You better act fast. From what I read if the code is not claimed by 11:59 pm pacific time the tickets go poof. Good luck you have 5 hours and 17 minutes to make your fortune.

Last edited:

shannonbrio

I listed an auction on eBay and it was cancelled??? Here is ebay's response: Unfortunately, we had to remove your listing because the following information violates our policy:

eBay is not allowing tickets, ticket codes, or lottery entries for tickets, to the Michael Jackson memorial service at the Staples Center on July 7th 2009. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please do not relist.--Not sure why the other auctions are still flying

I have an ad listed on Craigslist in LA for the best offer. So we will see :)

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Or hold onto it for a later sell date as the price will go up for it. Unused.

Katelin

one day the dark will end
See what is going on from MSNBC...tickets for sale everywhere!!!

LOS ANGELES - Listings for tickets to the Michael Jackson memorial service at Los Angeles’ Staples Center on Tuesday appeared on eBay and Craigslist as soon as winners were notified on Sunday.

One eBay listing asked for a Buy It Now price of $20,000, while other prices varied. Buyers and sellers must act fast, as winners must pick up their tickets Monday at an off-site distribution center. At that time, the wristband will be placed on their wrists.

To prevent ticket scalping, fans must have both the ticket and the wristband to enter Staples Center on Tuesday. Wristbands that have been ripped, taped or tampered with will be voided. [quote/]

read more at MSNBC......

I guess any wristband, torn, ripped etc will fetch $$$$ to Jackson fans after the fact as a collectable...

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I don't know the exact details, but what I heard parts of last night was - that when you take the code / email info to the Ticketmaster place to get the tickets, you have to show some kind of ID to get the tickets. AND at the same time you're there - a wrist band (similar to the ones you get at the hospital - they're affixed with a rivet type of fastener) will be attached to your wrist.

The wrist band is supposedly coded with all the information of the ticket and cannot be removed, tampered with, etc. or you don't get in once you're at the venue in CA. You also have to have both the ticket and the wristband to get in.

:shrug: I think that was the gist of it, but the reporter didn't give minute details.

Bann

PREMO Member
See what is going on from MSNBC...tickets for sale everywhere!!!

LOS ANGELES - Listings for tickets to the Michael Jackson memorial service at Los Angeles’ Staples Center on Tuesday appeared on eBay and Craigslist as soon as winners were notified on Sunday.

One eBay listing asked for a Buy It Now price of $20,000, while other prices varied. Buyers and sellers must act fast, as winners must pick up their tickets Monday at an off-site distribution center. At that time, the wristband will be placed on their wrists.

To prevent ticket scalping, fans must have both the ticket and the wristband to enter Staples Center on Tuesday. Wristbands that have been ripped, taped or tampered with will be voided.

:yay: Didn't read ahead!

Bann

PREMO Member
I listed an auction on eBay and it was cancelled??? Here is ebay's response: Unfortunately, we had to remove your listing because the following information violates our policy:

eBay is not allowing tickets, ticket codes, or lottery entries for tickets, to the Michael Jackson memorial service at the Staples Center on July 7th 2009. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please do not relist.--Not sure why the other auctions are still flying

I have an ad listed on Craigslist in LA for the best offer. So we will see :)

eBay's TOS has always been clear that they have the right to cancel auctions. I would imagine it's taking a while to get to all of the auctions violating the TOS.

ImnoMensa

What a class act this.

Selling tickets to a child molester's funeral.

The stupidity of the human animal amazes me.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
I already went out and saw him. Here, I took a pic.

Attachments

• MJ.jpg
    MJ.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 62