Legalize cannabis

Vote to legalize cannabis for personal use

• Total voters

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
How would you vote if the choice to legalize marijuana was on option in your state?

Hank

my war
Well, just saw Obama comment on the issue and he said the feds have bigger fish to fry then to worry about recreational pot smoking and that the states have already spoken. Expect other states to follow suit now that he has made this statement.

limblips

PREMO Member
Not a user, won't be when it becomes legal but aside from the fact alcohol causes more issues, I support legalization because we expend mega bucks chasing MJ down. We could not win the war on alcohol with a constitutional amendment, we won't win the war on MJ.

Hank

my war
Not a user, won't be when it becomes legal but aside from the fact alcohol causes more issues, I support legalization because we expend mega bucks chasing MJ down. We could not win the war on alcohol with a constitutional amendment, we won't win the war on MJ.

Michael Jackson?.

glhs837

Power with Control
Sort of torn here. While we have an easy way to test a person who will be operating machinery for recent alcohol use, as far as I know, we have nothing like that for MJ, and thats a problem. Trucking companies, and places with machinery, or folks who work in say aviation, we really need to know that our coworkers were not blazing up at lunchtime.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Sort of torn here. While we have an easy way to test a person who will be operating machinery for recent alcohol use, as far as I know, we have nothing like that for MJ, and thats a problem. Trucking companies, and places with machinery, or folks who work in say aviation, we really need to know that our coworkers were not blazing up at lunchtime.

I'm not convinced current law is doing anything to prevent people that operate machinery while under the influence of pot.

Toxick

Splat
I'm not convinced current law is doing anything to prevent people that operate machinery while under the influence of pot.

It's not.

Pot is illegal, therefore nobody smokes pot, therefore there is no need to have laws preventing people from operating machinery under the influence of pot.

Q.E.D.

glhs837

Power with Control

Well, most folks who work in aviation have to get drug tested. as do many folks in transportation fields, and are subject to dismissal if they fail. Hard to enforce that is the use of MJ is legal.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

But is not being able to check for use a valid reason for not allowing the use? Besides, one thing that the US is known for is finding ways to assist LE. (Breathalyzers, radar detectors, red light cameras...)

glhs837

Power with Control
But is not being able to check for use a valid reason for not allowing the use? Besides, one thing that the US is known for is finding ways to assist LE. (Breathalyzers, radar detectors, red light cameras...)

No, and that's my dilemma.

bcp

In My Opinion

It becomes a valid reason in the case of traffic accidents.
would be nice to be able to keep statistics on dope related accidents.
Without that ability, the dopers will keep pointing to the statistics and try to use them as proof that driving while stupid from drugs is not an issue.