Legit masking question here.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
PG Co school superintendent says that she does not see a future where kids will NOT be masked while in school. (At least until there is no more Coronavirus. Who wants to tell her?) There are masketeers out there, and you know, you know someone that is a masketeer, and they are crowing that masks need to remain in place for everyone to mitigate the risks of getting people sick.

Question: Were the masketeers wearing masks in 2018-2019? If not then why were they pre meditating grandma's murder?

I'd love to hear an answer from any Branch Covidians on here that can change my mind on the ridiculousness of wearing a mask.

This is the Twitchy thread that got me going.

OccamsRazor

All of the writings, articles, etc. say that mask wearing is NOT to protect you. It is to protect OTHERS. The reasoning for this is because if it is done to protect YOU then it becomes more personal as in "personal choice." Whereas, saying it's intent it to protect OTHERS means that it is no longer a personal choice but instead it is for "the common good." But, as we all know, this "common good" only works if everyone masks up 100% of the time as in even when alone. It makes no logical or medical sense but it sure does give some kind of a stick to the powers-that-be to wave around.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
All of the writings, articles, etc. say that mask wearing is NOT to protect you. It is to protect OTHERS. The reasoning for this is because if it is done to protect YOU then it becomes more personal as in "personal choice." Whereas, saying it's intent it to protect OTHERS means that it is no longer a personal choice but instead it is for "the common good." But, as we all know, this "common good" only works if everyone masks up 100% of the time as in even when alone. It makes no logical or medical sense but it sure does give some kind of a stick to the powers-that-be to wave around.

This ^^ and also they can hysterically shame those who refuse. "Kill yourself if you want but WHY are you trying to kill my child/grandmother/etc???"

Reactions: BOP

OccamsRazor

This ^^ and also they can hysterically shame those who refuse. "Kill yourself if you want but WHY are you trying to kill my child/grandmother/etc???"
To this I say "You do know that this virus is airborne and present in even those who have been vaccinated. Do you drive your car, bathe, and sleep with a mask on?"

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
To this I say "You do know that this virus is airborne and present in even those who have been vaccinated. Do you drive your car, bathe, and sleep with a mask on?"

See, you're trying to be logical with people who are in the midst of an emotional breakdown. They think you can only get the rona on the walk to your restaurant table, and you're safe once you sit down.

Reactions: BOP

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Every Comparison Shows Masks Are Meaningless

Southern California
It’s not just states showing no difference in rates or trajectories, drilling down to the county level highlights the same trends.

Perhaps the clearest example of the delusional political obsession with pretending masks matter is found in Southern California.

We can likely thank the recall effort for the ability to make this comparison, as the state would have almost assuredly mandated masks as soon as cases rose in the summer. Instead, only some of the true believers in anti-science like Los Angeles mandated masks. So, thankfully, we can compare them to neighboring Orange County, where there’s no mask mandate and little to no mask wearing in most locations:

Unsurprisingly, Los Angeles has had higher case rates and failed to bring the curve down earlier — they peaked on essentially the same day. Masks made no difference.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F4a83d39b-21ac-4fca-a6e6-4f6725e1f976_5293x2988.png

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F4cc3de6d-94e1-423e-97dd-cd65bb22fbfd_5293x2983.png