LENR Third Party Confirmation

SamSpade

(bump) What, nothing? If this is on the level, it has the potential to seriously change the world.

This is what was once called "cold fusion", even though what appears to take place isn't exactly what we'd call typical fusion.

You should check out the energy density graph at the bottom. If the test gets peer reviewed and accepted, this changes everything.

glhs837

Power with Control
(bump) What, nothing? If this is on the level, it has the potential to seriously change the world.

This is what was once called "cold fusion", even though what appears to take place isn't exactly what we'd call typical fusion.

You should check out the energy density graph at the bottom. If the test gets peer reviewed and accepted, this changes everything.

Third party seems a bit far, seeing as some of the investigators have been supporting him publicly for a while now. Would be cool, but I think real third party testing where the investigators call the shots are needed.

SamSpade

Third party seems a bit far, seeing as some of the investigators have been supporting him publicly for a while now. Would be cool, but I think real third party testing where the investigators call the shots are needed.

Well I am encouraged. I've been following the eCat for a couple of years, and it seems like forever for anything to proceed on it. Now a lot of similar research is being done around the globe, it looks more promising.

A long time ago - in college - I worked with a professor who was working on the containment aspect of fusion research. I looked him up online and he is now back in South Korea and is in charge of their research. He told me what I've heard many times since - nuclear fusion is always 20 years away; he also said he wasn't sure that it was ever going to result in commercially useful power. In the 35 years since that time, it sure doesn't seem like it.

But this area takes a completely different approach, and as much of the physics I've tried to understand, I do try to follow the science behind it. I've been skeptical of Rossi for a while, believing that his problem is that he is believing in something that isn't there, so that I've become increasingly skeptical over the last year and a half. I think the truth is, he doesn't fully grasp the lag time between developing research and delivering product. On the other hand, he is not behaving like someone trying to make a fast buck.

glhs837

Power with Control
Fusions always going to 20 years away, til it isnt. The containment issue is one of those things that is going to take an "AHA!" moment. Which I suspect will come out of CERNs work. Coulda been here, but they shut down our supercollider project, sadly.