Leonardtown Man Sentenced to 10 Days in Jail for Arrest at Drag Queen Story Hour at Lexington Park Library

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
UPDATE 8/9/2019: Ashley K Morgan 42, of Leonardtown, who was arrested at the Lexington Park Library on Sunday, June 23, 2019, appeared in St. Mary’s County District Court on Thursday, August 8, 2019.

Morgan pled guilty to trespassing at a public agency, and the state dropped the remaining four charges.

District Court Judge Robyn Riddle sentenced Morgan to 180 days in jail and suspended all but 10 days. Morgan was also placed on three years of supervised probation.

Morgan is currently incarcerated at the St. Mary’s County Detention and Rehabilitation Center.

zar

Theist
He shouldn't of disturbed it, as far as the sexualization of children I find it disturbing as any sane individual would. It is on the parents and there is nothing we can do about it. However if you find the pumping of hormones and body mutilations to children as unacceptable in society (as it is child abuse) I highly advised you vote R

mitzi

Although I don't agree with a Drag Queen story time for small kids and I don't agree to what he did, this sentence is a bit extreme. People get less time for assaults, drug possession, etc.

Sapidus

He shouldn't of disturbed it, as far as the sexualization of children I find it disturbing as any sane individual would. It is on the parents and there is nothing we can do about it. However if you find the pumping of hormones and body mutilations to children as unacceptable in society (as it is child abuse) I highly advised you vote R

Does having a straight person read a story to a child sexualize them? If not why does having a drag queen sexualize them? Are they going to become drag queens because a drag queen read them a story?

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Does having a straight person read a story to a child sexualize them? If not why does having a drag queen sexualize them? Are they going to become drag queens because a drag queen read them a story?
Because asswipe, fixing the image of a ****** dressed as woman implants into those little impressionable sponge like minds of mush that it is totally natural and normal to be a sexual deviant. Damned be it no more just a boy and a girl together is the naturally natural way to be. To hell with natural and normal procreation process. There is a reason a man fits into a woman so nicely. These types of ******y lessons are nothing but sexual re-education classes to mold and kneed young minds into accepting the abnormal, twisted, warped, and perverted lifestyle of these degenerate people as well as in the hopes of snaring them at a younger age for their own depraved, perverse, and aberrant sexual gratification. So fu-k off with your stupid questions.

Sapidus

If I may ...

Because asswipe, fixing the image of a ** dressed as woman implants into those little impressionable sponge like minds of mush that it is totally natural and normal to be a sexual deviant. Damned be it no more just a boy and a girl together is the naturally natural way to be. To hell with natural and normal procreation process. There is a reason a man fits into a woman so nicely. These types of **y lessons are nothing but sexual re-education classes to mold and kneed young minds into accepting the abnormal, twisted, warped, and perverted lifestyle of these degenerate people as well as in the hopes of snaring them at a younger age for their own depraved, perverse, and aberrant sexual gratification. So fu-k off with your stupid questions.

Well then when that same child sees a straight person read a book they will just go back to being straight magically.

Why cant you accept that just like you were born a closed minded bigot some people were born diferently.

If some can be born without a leg, black, blind, deaf, white, gay, why cant someone be born with the wrong set of genitals. Have you never heard of a hermaphrodite? Do you believe those dont exist?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I heard movie night at the jail was a double feature. Tootsie followed by Some Like It Hot.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Well then when that same child sees a straight person read a book they will just go back to being straight magically.

Why cant you accept that just like you were born a closed minded bigot some people were born diferently.

If some can be born without a leg, black, blind, deaf, white, gay, why cant someone be born with the wrong set of genitals. Have you never heard of a hermaphrodite? Do you believe those dont exist?
You cannot un-ring a bell. Once a child sees, hears, participates in these activities, it is with them for life. The thoughts that follow in them have no other life experiences to balance out what they've seen and heard. Children act out, in thought and practice, in things they've seen and heard. This is the normalcy of growing up, and guided by their parents as to what is right and wrong, and acceptable or un-acceptable behavior. They see mommy and daddy being loving and affectionate to each other, they will be the same with their playmates of the opposite sex. To them a normal practice. They see f-ggots dressing up a women, twerking, etc., they will imitate that with their playmates, of the same or opposite sex, and think it normal as well. When it is not.

I'm not closed minded at all. I care not what consenting adults do in the confines of their houses. I care not the sexually deviant practices consenting adults might enjoy. I care not of queer bars and night clubs, or even, "bath houses", either. I care about the teaching of these things as normal behavior to young innocent minds of mush that have no business of learning of such things until they are of a thoroughly developed and mature mind to fully understand, comprehend, and able to critically think for themselves.

Persons abnormally born and medically termed hermaphrodite are atypical in terms of genitalia and are less than 1.7% of the population. These individuals had no say in their being this way. Most live a normal life. I have no problem or criticism of them. I have no problem with them being born differently. I have a problem with people taking to the streets, and libraries, getting in people's faces forcing everyone into treating it as normal behavior, when it is not. If 1.7% to 1.8% of the population identify as gay, that's not normal behavior. (Though maybe normal in a statistical sense since there will always be abnormal developmental instances in all biological life forms). What is normal natural behavior is that 98.2% to 93.3% of people identify as straight, ie., also know as naturally sexually normal. I accept there are gay people and have no problem living their, born that way, or decided to be that way, lifestyle. I do not accept them attempting to force me, or others, into accepting the in-your-face flaunting of it.

mitzi

I care about the teaching of these things as normal behavior to young innocent minds of mush that have no business of learning of such things until they are of a thoroughly developed and mature mind to fully understand, comprehend, and able to critically think for themselves.

👍 Agree, these kids are way too young for this.

Sapidus

If I may ...

You cannot un-ring a bell. Once a child sees, hears, participates in these activities, it is with them for life. The thoughts that follow in them have no other life experiences to balance out what they've seen and heard. Children act out, in thought and practice, in things they've seen and heard. This is the normalcy of growing up, and guided by their parents as to what is right and wrong, and acceptable or un-acceptable behavior. They see mommy and daddy being loving and affectionate to each other, they will be the same with their playmates of the opposite sex. To them a normal practice. They see f-ggots dressing up a women, twerking, etc., they will imitate that with their playmates, of the same or opposite sex, and think it normal as well. When it is not.

I'm not closed minded at all. I care not what consenting adults do in the confines of their houses. I care not the sexually deviant practices consenting adults might enjoy. I care not of queer bars and night clubs, or even, "bath houses", either. I care about the teaching of these things as normal behavior to young innocent minds of mush that have no business of learning of such things until they are of a thoroughly developed and mature mind to fully understand, comprehend, and able to critically think for themselves.

Persons abnormally born and medically termed hermaphrodite are atypical in terms of genitalia and are less than 1.7% of the population. These individuals had no say in their being this way. Most live a normal life. I have no problem or criticism of them. I have no problem with them being born differently. I have a problem with people taking to the streets, and libraries, getting in people's faces forcing everyone into treating it as normal behavior, when it is not. If 1.7% to 1.8% of the population identify as gay, that's not normal behavior. (Though maybe normal in a statistical sense since there will always be abnormal developmental instances in all biological life forms). What is normal natural behavior is that 98.2% to 93.3% of people identify as straight, ie., also know as naturally sexually normal. I accept there are gay people and have no problem living their, born that way, or decided to be that way, lifestyle. I do not accept them attempting to force me, or others, into accepting the in-your-face flaunting of it.

Thats where you are mistaken. Reading a story to a child it is no different than a black person going to town of all white children and reading a story

These people bodies are choosing to dress up as characters. Is it any different then cartoon character or a costume?

These people aren't having sex in front of children nor are all of them gay.

Why does it threaten you that a man puts on a dress and reads a story to children? This parents are teachign their kids to be accepting of different people and be prepared to encounter all different types of people in their lives.

awpitt

Main Streeter

That guy should've also been required to pay restitution ($2500) to the library to replace the money that the County Commissioners took from the library budget.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
That guy should've also been required to pay restitution ($2500) to the library to replace the money that the County Commissioners took from the library budget.
Why? If he, or anyone else wasn't arrested, who should then be responsible for it?

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Thats where you are mistaken. Reading a story to a child it is no different than a black person going to town of all white children and reading a story

These people bodies are choosing to dress up as characters. Is it any different then cartoon character or a costume?

These people aren't having sex in front of children nor are all of them gay.

Why does it threaten you that a man puts on a dress and reads a story to children? This parents are teachign their kids to be accepting of different people and be prepared to encounter all different types of people in their lives.
Not falling for your misdirection. Or your straw man BS.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Why? If he, or anyone else wasn't arrested, who should then be responsible for it?

I'm not going to get into "what ifs". The fact is that there is one guy who caused a problem and was arrested. He should've been fined $2500 for restitution.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I'm not going to get into "what ifs". The fact is that there is one guy who caused a problem and was arrested. He should've been fined $2500 for restitution.
I don't agree with that. Plenty of people cause problems, and they aren't charged restitution.

Potomac

the Defendant should be ordered to pay the Sheriff's department costs that John OConnor decided to assess to the library. The Drag Queen Story hour is not "targeted sexualization" of children. People really need to move beyond this and get over it. If you didn't like it, presumably you didn't take your children to the event.

awpitt

Main Streeter
I don't agree with that. Plenty of people cause problems, and they aren't charged restitution.

Well, they should be charged restitution and be held accountable. If that happened more often, there'd be less people causing problems.

awpitt

Main Streeter
the Defendant should be ordered to pay the Sheriff's department costs that John O'Connor decided to assess to the library. The Drag Queen Story hour is not "targeted serialization" of children. People really need to move beyond this and get over it. If you didn't like it, presumably you didn't take your children to the event.

^^^^^
Yes That.

There was a simple solution available to all who did not like the event. Stay the h*ll home and mind your own business. It's interesting to note that those who put on the event and those who attended the event were not the ones who caused any of the problems that occurred. The problems were caused by those who felt their views were more important than anyone else's views and had to stick their noses into other people's business.