Leslie Stahl

frequentflier

happy to be living
Has anyone seen the Trump/Leslie Stahl interview? Unedited?
For the record, I have watched 60 Minutes for many years but they have definitely changed a lot. Though politics were not on my radar as much, let's say 10 years ago, they are definitely leaning hard left and many of their interviews are very biased and unflattering. If they were that way 10 years ago, it's fair to say I wouldn't have noticed.
I have never liked Leslie Stahl and her ugly earrings. Her "interview" with Trump was an embarrassment to both of them. They were both argumentative and he was very defensive. Beating the covid blame shame drum and implying the unemployment numbers are his fault has gotten old.
Disappointing all around.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I watched a bit of the Trump interview and the one with Pence. Leslie Stahl hasn't been a legit journalist in decades, if she ever was. Now these people don't even care; they're not even putting up a pretense of impartiality, so I don't bother with them anymore.

I thought Trump was right to walk out - I'm not sure why he even agreed to this crap. Pence gave a lengthy campaign speech and wouldn't be deterred by Leslie's interruptions. :lol: She'd chastise him about answering the question and he'd do that Pence "I care, see me being sincere?" thing, then go back into campaign speech mode.

frequentflier

happy to be living
I watched a bit of the Trump interview and the one with Pence. Leslie Stahl hasn't been a legit journalist in decades, if she ever was. Now these people don't even care; they're not even putting up a pretense of impartiality, so I don't bother with them anymore.

I thought Trump was right to walk out - I'm not sure why he even agreed to this crap. Pence gave a lengthy campaign speech and wouldn't be deterred by Leslie's interruptions. :lol: She'd chastise him about answering the question and he'd do that Pence "I care, see me being sincere?" thing, then go back into campaign speech mode.
I just watched Pence and Leslie told him she felt that they were disrespecting 60 minutes :lmao: One of her questions to Pence was about Trump calling (that weasel) Fauchi an idiot? What was Pence supposed to say?

gunsmoke

Jesus, the man can't answer a question. Does he command a single relevant fact?

Why do you want to be President? "because the person were dealing with isn't going to bring it back..they are going to raise taxes...they are going to take away your second amendment"

WTF.

What is your biggest domestic priority for next year? He rambles on about Joe Biden and the stock market. It takes him almost 2 minutes to essentially say getting the economy back to normal. Duh. Of course he doesn't say how or provide a single coherent thought about what his plans are to accomplish this.

It is no wonder this guy is losing bigly in every national poll and losing or tied in every swing state. Its no wonder Republicans are distancing themselves from him and his wife won't go out and campaign for him.