Less than two weeks now...

BuddyLee

Football addict
Bustem' Down said:
The Texans are hosting the Redskins this year in week three. That should be fun.
Can't wait to see what ole Reggie has.:yay:

However, I'm probably waiting moreso for the Skins v. Cowgirls first game. I want to see Sean Taylor put a decent hit on T.O.:boxing:

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
BuddyLee said:

However, I'm probably waiting moreso for the Skins v. Cowgirls first game. I want to see Sean Taylor put a decent hit on T.O.:boxing:
Me too, I hate Dallas.

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
Less than two weeks now... 07-24-2006 05:07 AM Redskins sucks. Dallas is going to kick their asses.

I agree, I don't like the Redskins either. but i still think Dallas is pretty crappy. Maybe if you had left your name, we could have had a discussion on the matter, but you didn't, which makes you the typical sniveling, whining, Dallas fan.

garyt27

INAFJ
Fantasy football

Hey peoples, I need some players in the league. Yahoo sports. search available custom leagues for REDSKINS 2007 in the free to play league, filter head to head, autodraft, lets ee what you got! GO SKINS!xxx

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Reggie...

BuddyLee said:

...who?

just.me

Bustem' Down said:
Less than two weeks now... 07-24-2006 05:07 AM Redskins sucks. Dallas is going to kick their asses.

I agree, I don't like the Redskins either. but i still think Dallas is pretty crappy. Maybe if you had left your name, we could have had a discussion on the matter, but you didn't, which makes you the typical sniveling, whining, Dallas fan.

:smack: You are wrong!! Redskins are gonna look goooooood this year.....and you are right........ :love: Dallas fans are sniveling whiners........

BuddyLee

Football addict
Redskins - Better record or worse this year?

I say slightly better...just slightly.

As for your Texans, they can't do any worse than last year.:lol:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
The Redskins...

BuddyLee said:
Redskins - Better record or worse this year?

I say slightly better...just slightly.

As for your Texans, they can't do any worse than last year.:lol:

...should have a better record this year for two reasons;

1. The defense should be even better. Personel additions and another year maturity in Williams system.

2. The offensive additions including the new coordinator, Saunders.

I expect the offense to run smoothly until Brunnel gets hurt and that is the only thing I am counting on; him getting injured.

At that point, the defense will hold down the fort and even if Cambell struggles in Marks place, there's enough firepower to get the defense enough help to win.

How far we go in the playoffs, they should be good enough to win the Superbowl because, no matter what, we won't be a Colt style team that relys on offense.

A killer D, add in Portis, a good year for the O line and then Cooley, Lloyd, Randl El and Santana.

Hail to the Redskins boys and girls.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Larry Gude said:
I expect the offense to run smoothly until Brunnel gets hurt and that is the only thing I am counting on; him getting injured.

At that point, the defense will hold down the fort and even if Cambell struggles in Marks place, there's enough firepower to get the defense enough help to win.
You don't think Gibbs will throw in Todd Collins first? I hope he throws in Campbell myself...

...Gibbs loves those veterans though.

Whomever the QB is this year, they should have a good amount of decent targerts to throw to.:yay:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
And ain't that THE question...

BuddyLee said:
You don't think Gibbs will throw in Todd Collins first? I hope he throws in Campbell myself...

...Gibbs loves those veterans though.

Whomever the QB is this year, they should have a good amount of decent targerts to throw to.:yay:

...whether Saunders is THE O coordinator or just the play caller.

People are gonna drool when they see Campbell on the field for extended play this pre-season. He's a STUD.

Collins is, in my opinion, for in case of emergency, break glass, meaning Brunnel is on crutches and Campbell is clueless.

Otter

Nothing to see here
Larry Gude said:
Saunders is THE O coordinator

:fixed:Gibbs would have never gotten him if he wasn't going to relinguish the O coordinator job. In a perfect world, Campbell lights it up in pre-season, sending Brunell to 3rd string. New offensive scheme, no reason not to throw Campbell in there and let the offense grow with him. He will have enough weapons to take the heat off him.

BuddyLee

Football addict
I've never seen this Campbell guy play, I'll have to watch this scrimmage and pre-season games. What other quarterbacks might he relate to in style?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
We will see...

otter said:
:fixed:Gibbs would have never gotten him if he wasn't going to relinguish the O coordinator job. In a perfect world, Campbell lights it up in pre-season, sending Brunell to 3rd string. New offensive scheme, no reason not to throw Campbell in there and let the offense grow with him. He will have enough weapons to take the heat off him.

...what we'll see as we've NEVER seen Gibbs as NOT the O boss.

I can't conceive of Gibbs NOT starting Brunnel. He's just too invested in him, professionally, emotionally and personally to not start him.

We'll see.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Jason is...

BuddyLee said:
I've never seen this Campbell guy play, I'll have to watch this scrimmage and pre-season games. What other quarterbacks might he relate to in style?

...let me think about this...

Big, 6'4', 230#, athletic 4.6/40, strong arm, great touch passer, intelligent. He went through 4 different offenses and coordinators in four years at Auburn, undefeated in his senior year. Completed 70% of his passes, throwing 20 balls a game, 200 yards a game and 20 TD's/7 pics on a team with two great backs including Cadillac Williams, playing in the SEC.

The games I saw him, 3 or 4, and parts of others, he didn't remind me of any ONE player but parts of many. He throws like Brunnel, not like Ramsey (more touch, less lazers) on mid to long passes. He is calm in the pocket and tends to be like Ramsey in that he is trying to work the play, not panic and start running, a la Mike Vic. He's not easy to knock down, so, a bit like Culpepper there. I seem to remember he had a good, quick release a la Marino. Not that good, but pretty quick. I don't remember any 10 yard screens that he either fired into the guys face mask or missed him by 3 yards.

He gave me that 'winner' feeling, in command, calm, cool, collected, 3rd and 8, get 10 yards, not 7. He seemed like he read the whole field, not just keying on one guy.

He's got the tools and, it seems, the head, so, the question, like all QB's, is how he deals with the maddness NFL defenses through at you and, just as important, how quickly he adapts.

I've heard from otter, I think, and one or two other places, grape vine comments that many of the offensive coaches felt like the best QB on the team last year never stepped on the field, meaning Campbell.

I can't wait.