Lesson prices around town

Wait4It..boom

What are you guys charging or what are you paying? And is that with your own horse or on someone else's? More specifically, trying to figure out what the breakdown would be for using the horse and tack for each ride, not necessarily how much the instructor is paid.

Chickadee1

would be more important the person teaching was insured....do riding instructors rent horses with tack for teaching lessons?.....

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
I ride up with Ray Wheeler every week at his facility in Harwood. It's $50 for a one hour private lesson.

Also, bimonthly I take lessons with a grand prix dressage instructor, lessons are slightly cheaper if you travel to her farm in Montegomery County. She offers both 30 minute and 45 minute lessons and she will kick your butt in both :) I don't remember the price for the 30 minute lessons but the 45 is $80.

MCF2009

Lesson Prices

There are lots of places to take lessons, care lease or include your horse in the lesson program in Southern Maryland. I did some research in my local area last year and found that the typical hour group lesson with an experienced instructor was between $30-$40. There are many ppl that board at different places that allow the owner/instructors to use there horse for lessons. I found that the ratio for that was usually 70-30. 30 going to the owner of the horse. 70 to the intructor which also owned the facility! Maybe this will help!

fredsaid2

There are lots of places to take lessons, care lease or include your horse in the lesson program in Southern Maryland. I did some research in my local area last year and found that the typical hour group lesson with an experienced instructor was between $30-$40. There are many ppl that board at different places that allow the owner/instructors to use there horse for lessons. I found that the ratio for that was usually 70-30. 30 going to the owner of the horse. 70 to the intructor which also owned the facility! Maybe this will help!

Am I misunderstanding or are you saying lessons barns that provide mounts charge $100?

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
I think the poster meant for a lesson fee of $50 if it was 70/30 then $35 to the instructor and $15 to the barn for use of the horse with tack.

I think the break down of lesson fees for AMIT of $125/$175 would be $31.25/$43.75 per lesson for a 4 week period.

Wait4it are you doing lessons out of your barn or looking for a place to take lessons?

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
Also depends if the trainers are doing other duties other then just teaching. Some also train horses outside of teaching duties, run shows, manage the barn, and so on.

lovemyber135

What are you guys charging or what are you paying? And is that with your own horse or on someone else's? More specifically, trying to figure out what the breakdown would be for using the horse and tack for each ride, not necessarily how much the instructor is paid.

my farm that i board at (veritas farm) charges $35 for an hour lesson...from begginer to advance no matter your age...we have horses you can ride...but you can also trailer your own horse in...does not change the price...:howdy: