Lessons

W

Warrant guru

I am looking for riding lessons for my 6 year old. Although we have a few stables nearby (CRE stables and High Tailin' It),I don't think either one offers lessons. If anyone can provide me with information for Solomons Island area, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!!

fredsaid2

Reverie Acres is on your side of the bridge. The two larger barns on the St. Mary's side are Flat Iron and Holly Point. For me the most important thing would be a nice quiet pony suitable for a beginning young rider. FI used to have nice ponies, they still may. Good luck!

W

Warrant guru

fredsaid2 said:
Reverie Acres is on your side of the bridge. The two larger barns on the St. Mary's side are Flat Iron and Holly Point. For me the most important thing would be a nice quiet pony suitable for a beginning young rider. FI used to have nice ponies, they still may. Good luck!

Thanks. Will check into Reverie Acres as it offers 2 week classes which I am looking for at a reasonable price. Will need to find out where the other two in St Mary's are and call them up if nearby.

jacbro

Greenwell state park has equine park and offers lessons there. They have nice older ponies and is a great place for kids to be around. It is located in hollywood. let me know if you need more info.

W

Warrant guru

jacbro said:
Greenwell state park has equine park and offers lessons there. They have nice older ponies and is a great place for kids to be around. It is located in hollywood. let me know if you need more info.

Yes, please!!

Robin

Reverie Acres is an awesome place "Randi" is great. They are closer than you think. call them and set up a time to go visit the facility. They have very safe structured programs there.

W

WhoCares

Robin said:
Reverie Acres is an awesome place "Randi" is great. They are closer than you think. call them and set up a time to go visit the facility. They have very safe structured programs there.

They also have an indoor riding arena. Greenwell does not have one so if the weather is bad there is no lessons.

IntegritysDream

A moment in Time in Leonardtown is a big lesson farm. They also hold shows on their farm. They got lots of ponies and horses and instrutors of different levels for your child.

Chelsea

i KNOW from experience Genesis Farms (off mill bridge road) in lusby has the best instruction. it's a lot closer to you than reverie acres, with excellent training.

Unbelievable

Spay and Neuter Your Pets
i KNOW from experience Genesis Farms (off mill bridge road) in lusby has the best instruction. it's a lot closer to you than reverie acres, with excellent training.

Chelsea. . . what are you trying to say. . . Ms. P. :whistle:
Barns and instruction are all personal to the student and his/her parents (if they are under 18). You really can't say one is better than another because it's all a matter of what you are looking for in a facility. We (Reverie Acres) actually think Ms. L (Genesis) is awesome and even had her judge our last inhouse show and, hopefully, she will do more. We're just different, that's all. Kudos to every instruction/boarding facility in the area, it's a tough life with a lot of hard work involved and we applaud everyone who loves the animals and the art of riding enough to take it on. . . :flowers: Learning to ride well is also very difficult and you have to connect with your instructor and trust that he/she will do what's best for the student. JMHO. :howdy:

FerretRescue

bite me
Chelsea. . . what are you trying to say. . . Ms. P. :whistle:
Barns and instruction are all personal to the student and his/her parents (if they are under 18). You really can't say one is better than another because it's all a matter of what you are looking for in a facility. We (Reverie Acres) actually think Ms. L (Genesis) is awesome and even had her judge our last inhouse show and, hopefully, she will do more. We're just different, that's all. Kudos to every instruction/boarding facility in the area, it's a tough life with a lot of hard work involved and we applaud everyone who loves the animals and the art of riding enough to take it on. . . :flowers: Learning to ride well is also very difficult and you have to connect with your instructor and trust that he/she will do what's best for the student. JMHO. :howdy:

Nice post. Do you also teach teens?