Let me tell you a story about our legal system

Pete

Repete
So Boy as I have affectionately named him many years ago for forum purposes, is now almost 21 and a Junior in college. He was visiting the egg donor portion of his family last summer over in OC like he does nearly every summer. His half siblings, who are older, had him shuttle them to the bar so they could get stupid drunk. Since there were so many of them along with their significant others and such he was told to use his brothers GF Yukon since it would accommodate the entire crew. The owner of the Yukon was the one who volunteered the vehicle and was present.
So off they go and on Baltimore street approaching 2nd Ave traveling 25 MHP he announces is intention to move left into the turn lane and turn left. The car behind him decides to be first so they whip out to the left and attempt to scoot past the left before he does and hits them in the door.
4 angry people get out and begin to “Awww no u di’int blah blah.” Cops come, take statements from witnesses and make a report. No citations given out and when the other parties get rowdy and want to fight and riot they order them to disperse. Everyone leaves and all is good.
1 year later we get a letter from an attorney in PG County and open it. The letter is to another person, our address and describes the law suit filed against Boy. We look it up and sure enough Boy is being sued by 3 people, who were passengers in the other car. They are also suing the driver of the car they were riding in. Debilitating injuries, pain and suffering, so on and so forth. 2 co-defendants, Boy and other driver, being sued by the three occupants of her vehicle. The lawyer is evidently a goober because he mailed us the letter he meant to send to his clients. Mistakes happen.
So I consulted an attorney and he said wait to get served and let the car owners insurance handle it.
Hang in here it gets better………….
So Boy finally gets served after the court date is pushed a month. 4 days after we receive notice from the lawyer representing the “injured” parties, all of whom are injured to the tune of $15,000 each, asking for his motion to dismiss to be vacated. Confused I called him and ask what the hell is going on. It seems he made a motion to dismiss against the other driver and instead he got the whole case dismissed. He is now trying to remove the dismissal against Boy and continue suing him while only dismissing against the other driver. I ask why and he states “Well the plaintiffs are related to the other driver and don’t want to sue her.” I then asked him if he has the police report for the incident back in June 2016 and he stammers a moment and says “No”. I said “You do realize that the police report states clearly what happened and that the driver, and relative, was the one at fault. Says it right in the police report.” He stammers for a few more minutes and asks if I still have the police report. I say yes, I paid the OCPD $25 for one and I have it right here and you need to withdraw the complaint against Boy and end this garbage. “ So then he asks me to fax him a copy and I said as soon as you send me $25 and agree to dismiss this bull#### when you get the fax.
If you are injured in a motor vehicle accident I would suggest you do not hire Louis Glick as your attorney and if you are “horrible and painfully injured about your head, neck and arms” from a MVA that occurred at 10MHP you do not wait a year to file.
Legal scum looking to make a quick buck and the pond scum lawyers who will take anything to court.

It's disgusting. You were lucky the cop that came on site found an "at fault" party. If there are no injuries being reported at the time, most cops will declare "no fault" and let the insurance companies battle it out.

Pete

Repete
It's disgusting. You were lucky the cop that came on site found an "at fault" party. If there are no injuries being reported at the time, most cops will declare "no fault" and let the insurance companies battle it out.

Yea, it's disgusting. There were no injuries. They got out of the car and got confrontational and raising hell to the point the cops told them to leave. Not a peep, not a request for insurance info, nothing. Seems if they were injured they would not wait a year. My lawyer said they filed in PG because the judges up there are like going to the lottery. Show up and get a check.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Yea, it's disgusting. There were no injuries. They got out of the car and got confrontational and raising hell to the point the cops told them to leave. Not a peep, not a request for insurance info, nothing. Seems if they were injured they would not wait a year. My lawyer said they filed in PG because the judges up there are like going to the lottery. Show up and get a check.

I did try a Google search for the lawyer and couldn't find him. Perhaps I failed, or he is such a dirt bad, he doesn't want to be found.

frequentflier

happy to be living
So Boy as I have affectionately named him many years ago for forum purposes, is now almost 21 and a Junior in college. He was visiting the egg donor portion of his family last summer over in OC like he does nearly every summer. His half siblings, who are older, had him shuttle them to the bar so they could get stupid drunk. Since there were so many of them along with their significant others and such he was told to use his brothers GF Yukon since it would accommodate the entire crew. The owner of the Yukon was the one who volunteered the vehicle and was present.
So off they go and on Baltimore street approaching 2nd Ave traveling 25 MHP he announces is intention to move left into the turn lane and turn left. The car behind him decides to be first so they whip out to the left and attempt to scoot past the left before he does and hits them in the door.
4 angry people get out and begin to “Awww no u di’int blah blah.” Cops come, take statements from witnesses and make a report. No citations given out and when the other parties get rowdy and want to fight and riot they order them to disperse. Everyone leaves and all is good.
1 year later we get a letter from an attorney in PG County and open it. The letter is to another person, our address and describes the law suit filed against Boy. We look it up and sure enough Boy is being sued by 3 people, who were passengers in the other car. They are also suing the driver of the car they were riding in. Debilitating injuries, pain and suffering, so on and so forth. 2 co-defendants, Boy and other driver, being sued by the three occupants of her vehicle. The lawyer is evidently a goober because he mailed us the letter he meant to send to his clients. Mistakes happen.
So I consulted an attorney and he said wait to get served and let the car owners insurance handle it.
Hang in here it gets better………….
So Boy finally gets served after the court date is pushed a month. 4 days after we receive notice from the lawyer representing the “injured” parties, all of whom are injured to the tune of $15,000 each, asking for his motion to dismiss to be vacated. Confused I called him and ask what the hell is going on. It seems he made a motion to dismiss against the other driver and instead he got the whole case dismissed. He is now trying to remove the dismissal against Boy and continue suing him while only dismissing against the other driver. I ask why and he states “Well the plaintiffs are related to the other driver and don’t want to sue her.” I then asked him if he has the police report for the incident back in June 2016 and he stammers a moment and says “No”. I said “You do realize that the police report states clearly what happened and that the driver, and relative, was the one at fault. Says it right in the police report.” He stammers for a few more minutes and asks if I still have the police report. I say yes, I paid the OCPD $25 for one and I have it right here and you need to withdraw the complaint against Boy and end this garbage. “ So then he asks me to fax him a copy and I said as soon as you send me $25 and agree to dismiss this bull#### when you get the fax.
If you are injured in a motor vehicle accident I would suggest you do not hire Louis Glick as your attorney and if you are “horrible and painfully injured about your head, neck and arms” from a MVA that occurred at 10MHP you do not wait a year to file.
Legal scum looking to make a quick buck and the pond scum lawyers who will take anything to court.

"Opportunists"

Pete

Repete
I did try a Google search for the lawyer and couldn't find him. Perhaps I failed, or he is such a dirt bad, he doesn't want to be found.

He is there and has pretty bad reviews. I have a couple of assumptions.

I have called him a couple times and he always answers his own phone within 4 rings. This means he likely has no staff of any sort.

He seems to be fairly incompetent. We found out about the law suit because he mailed a letter to his client and put it in the wrong envelope and sent it to us instead.

Next he attempted to request a dismissal against the co-defendant and ended up getting the whole case cancelled. Now he is trying to turn it back on.

He filed a $90K law suit (3 plaintiffs $15K each against 2 defendants) for a fender bender without ever asking for or getting the police report.

He sounds like he is about 80 years old.

Pete

Repete
I was thinking "ghetto lottery".
Pretty much. From what I have learned PG County is the preferred jurisdiction for personal injury suits because the judges spin the "prize wheel".

I suspect he will talk his clients into dismissing the case now that they discovered their cousin was determined to be at fault and she is the one who would pay. I suppose it is possible he would dismiss against the one who was at fault and still proceed against Boy and hope for an award of some sort. Nothing shocks me anymore.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
He is there and has pretty bad reviews. I have a couple of assumptions.

I have called him a couple times and he always answers his own phone within 4 rings. This means he likely has no staff of any sort.

He seems to be fairly incompetent. We found out about the law suit because he mailed a letter to his client and put it in the wrong envelope and sent it to us instead.

Next he attempted to request a dismissal against the co-defendant and ended up getting the whole case cancelled. Now he is trying to turn it back on.

He filed a $90K law suit (3 plaintiffs $15K each against 2 defendants) for a fender bender without ever asking for or getting the police report.

He sounds like he is about 80 years old.

Ghetto rats with no case aren't going to get the best lawyers, unless the press takes up their cause and turns them into martyrs, and ####bags come out of the woodwork to "get justice for them" and start GoFundMe accounts. Bonfire of the Vanities, anyone?

And just because the lawyer sucks and plaintiff has no case doesn't mean they won't win in PG County. If I were you, I'd countersue. Not that you'll get anything out of them, not even legal fees, and having a judgment against ghetto thugs isn't worth a hill of ####....so nevermind, forget I said that.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Pretty much. From what I have learned PG County is the preferred jurisdiction for personal injury suits because the judges spin the "prize wheel".

I was part of a Jury back in the early 2000 we basically denied 99% of this Indian Cab Drivers Case - his evidence and loss of wages were bull ####

He was suing some poor elderly black man ....

Cab Driver - paper work submitted looked like someone sat at a kitchen table and wrote out 5 pages randomly - sheets were clean and crisp - obviously not on a clip board riding in the front seat of a cab
[I've worked as Courier the paper work does not stay neat]
Went to Physical therapy twice ... then 6 weeks later suddenly starts going again
Tow Bill - again a white photo copy, not part of a multi-sheet Carbon Copy Form
[has been standard when ever I dealt with a Towing Company]
Cost for Conversion of a DC Cab to MD Standards - testimony seemed shady

basically the entire thing would have been tossed, except we had this girl in the pool, who was trying to dick over this guy,
because her friend some months ago had lost out it court and she was going to get even, shafting this guy

Rommey

How do you file a lawsuit in PG County if the accident happen in OC? I don't think you can pick and choose whatever court you want to file a lawsuit in. I think there would have to be some sort of connection to PG County (i.e., residence of defendant) in order to file there. When I took a person to small claims court years ago, I had to file it in Montgomery Co. since the defendant lived there; I couldn't file in PG County (where I live).

Wishbone

basically the entire thing would have been tossed, except we had this girl in the pool, who was trying to dick over this guy,
because her friend some months ago had lost out it court and she was going to get even, shafting this guy

So two wrongs DO make a right!

Pete

Repete
How do you file a lawsuit in PG County if the accident happen in OC? I don't think you can pick and choose whatever court you want to file a lawsuit in. I think there would have to be some sort of connection to PG County (i.e., residence of defendant) in order to file there. When I took a person to small claims court years ago, I had to file it in Montgomery Co. since the defendant lived there; I couldn't file in PG County (where I live).

Great question. In Maryland code for Tort law you must file in the county the defendant resides unless there are multiple defendants. If there are multiple defendants you file in any district where all parties can be party to the case. IE: Defendants county, plaintiffs county or county the incident takes place. In this case there were 2 defendants and the plaintiffs live in PG. Bingo....so PG it is.

In the unlikely case they do not withdraw and leave Boy the sole defendant I am going to urge the lawyer to change venue to SMC. Let the rats drive down to us where the courts are not quite so wheel of fortune.