Let the rape begin!

limblips

PREMO Member
Damn those crabs! What the hell are they thinking? Now the poor watermen are going to have to work extra hard to get the population down again. :sarcasm:

Now, since the population is up, would be a great time to get regulations tightened up to ensure the population continues to rise. It would also be a great time for Virginia lawmakers to grow a set and stop the menhaden rape by Omega Proteins. I will now step down from my soap box.

Blue Crab Population Hits Post-1997 High - Southern Maryland Headline News

News article last night said just that; in spite of the 2nd year in a row increase (60%) there will still be major restrictions on takes. I feel for the watermen, but it's either that or nothing to harvest in years to come.

Cowgirl

Damn those crabs! What the hell are they thinking? Now the poor watermen are going to have to work extra hard to get the population down again. :sarcasm:

Now, since the population is up, would be a great time to get regulations tightened up to ensure the population continues to rise. It would also be a great time for Virginia lawmakers to grow a set and stop the menhaden rape by Omega Proteins. I will now step down from my soap box.

Blue Crab Population Hits Post-1997 High - Southern Maryland Headline News

They said on the radio this morning that they're not changing the restrictions. :shrug:

belvak

Happy Camper
News article last night said just that; in spite of the 2nd year in a row increase (60%) there will still be major restrictions on takes. I feel for the watermen, but it's either that or nothing to harvest in years to come.

:yeahthat: It would be terrible to have them rebound just to lift the restrictions and be right back in the same boat.

D

dems4me

:yeahthat:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Now, if we can get a closed season on oysters along stricter ENFORCED regs on waterfront construction and some infrastructure changes, we can see that fishery come back too.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Now, if we can get a closed season on oysters along stricter ENFORCED regs on waterfront construction and some infrastructure changes, we can see that fishery come back too.

I'll do my part and not eat any again this year. YW

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I'll do my part and not eat any again this year. YW

I know you and Rose are staunch supporters of abstaining from oysters to help the resource:yay:
We should nominate you two for an award from the Sierra Club or something.:killingme