Let the speculation begin.

AnthonyJames

R.I.P. My Brother Rick
According to the article, Bell is under contract to Toyota and Gibbs is not going to do anything to jeopardize his relationship with Toyota. TRD supplies the engines, and all the technical support that it involves. Hell, the pit crews don't even diagnose their own engine problems during a race. They relay a diagnostic code to TRD and TRD tells them what's wrong.

So, Goodbye Erik.

Unless Denny goes to the 48!:yay:

stgislander

PREMO Member
Jones has shown he can race with the big boys and FINISH In TOP10..
Being a WINNER is a different story .Then again HAMLIN as shown himself as the only reliable JGR asset this year ๐Ÿ˜”
Jones' problem is consistency. You don't consider him a regular Top-10 contender. Plus, he's not Kyle or Martin. He's doesn't get a pass because this is such a f'd up year.

Maybe the #20 car is just jinxed. It's not been the same since Tony left.

homedepot20

[QUOTE="stgislander, post: 6189673, member: 35970"

Maybe the #20 car is just jinxed.
[/QUOTE]
As in Year 2020.๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”

gary_webb

Damned glad to meet you
Don't understand WHY people think Hamlin would go to Hendrick unless he gets offered SUPER BUCKS .
For a chance at a CUP CHAMPIONSHIP , JGR has better odds
I can answer that, Hendrick lets his drivers keep all of their endorsement $'s. Some owners put it in their contracts that they get a piece of that pie.

Hats, T-shirts, diecast models, commercials, etc. It adds up quick!

stgislander

PREMO Member
Hoping Jones doesn't become ANOTHER Logano. I Still.believe JGR .gave up.on Joey instead of working with him. ๐Ÿค”
Kinda hard to put the effort into the young drivers, when you've got Kyle, Denny, and now Martin vying for championships. Besides, the hot driver gets the best equipment.

gemma_rae

Hoping Jones doesn't become ANOTHER Logano. I Still.believe JGR .gave up.on Joey instead of working with him. ๐Ÿค”
Thanks JGR!
When JGR shafted Joey, Brad K. told Roger Penske we need this guy and I can get him. The Captain said go get him Brad! Now Joey is a Cup Champion.

This is Dale Jr's version, not mine.

If Jones has real talent, this is the best thing that could ever happen to him. Hendrick still needs a driver for the 48 if Denny doesn't take it.

homedepot20

Thanks JGR!
When JGR shafted Joey, Brad K. told Roger Penske we need this guy and I can get him. The Captain said go get him Brad! Now Joey is a Cup Champion.

This is Dale Jr's version, not mine.

If Jones has real talent, this is the best thing that could ever happen to him. Hendrick still needs a driver for the 48 if Denny doesn't take it.
JGR needs to do WHATEVER it takes to resign Hamlin after 2021 , UNLESS Bell has a Super CHAMPIONSHIP YEAR ๐Ÿค”

stgislander

PREMO Member
My wife said last evening, "So, I guess this means you'll need to buy new #20 gear huh?" I said no I'm done. I have a piece of #20 gear from every JGR driver starting with Tony. Maybe if Bell can consistently rack up Top 5's and 10's, I'll drop a few bucks.

stgislander

PREMO Member
That 20 car was once a reckoning force to be dealt With back in the day . ๐Ÿ˜”
Yeah, I'm not sure what the problem is. I still think because of driver performance, it doesn't get the best equipment from TRD. And it can't be easy being the 4th guy on a team with three superstars.

homedepot20

Matt Kenseth was getting some performance from.it . When he left and Homedepot left as sponsor the 20 got demoted to 4th car๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”