Lets chat

BlueBird

I was recently accused of being too serious on the forums lately. I guess the lobotomy worked.

We live in serious times people!

littlelady

God bless the USA
I was recently accused of being too serious on the forums lately. I guess the lobotomy worked.

We live in serious times people!

I have said we live in serious times over and over on this forum. I have been accused of being too serious, and tried to lighten up, and make fun of my Pollyanna self, but our present time is serious. I thought it was my line about the lobotomies, but I know you and I have not had one. :lol:

BlueBird

I have said we live in serious times over and over on this forum. I have been accused of being too serious, and tried to lighten up, and make fun of my Pollyanna self, but our present time is serious. I thought it was my line about the lobotomies, but I know you and I have not had one. :lol:

I think we should just get it over with and stop worrying and complaining. My next statement will likely turn this thread in to a political debate which is fine I suppose since it's titled "lets chat" which opens the door to chatting about anything. My next statement is; we're heading down a road that will take us beyond the point of no return and our trip down this road is inevitable. Too many people in this country believe capitalism is failing and that our current way of functioning needs a complete over haul. To make things better the majority of good citizens have been and will continue to support the person who will take us there the fastest. I say we give our young naive generation exactly what they ask for and stop fighting it. I'm just glad I'm a little older and that my best years are behind me now. We've taught our children well and they'll need to be strong for what lies ahead.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I say we give our young naive generation exactly what they ask for and stop fighting it. I'm just glad I'm a little older and that my best years are behind me now. We've taught our children well and they'll need to be strong for what lies ahead.

That's where I am. Let 'em burn it down while I'm still able to carry my bug-out kit....I'm not getting any younger.

littlelady

God bless the USA
I think we should just get it over with and stop worrying and complaining. My next statement will likely turn this thread in to a political debate which is fine I suppose since it's titled "lets chat" which opens the door to chatting about anything. My next statement is; we're heading down a road that will take us beyond the point of no return and our trip down this road is inevitable. Too many people in this country believe capitalism is failing and that our current way of functioning needs a complete over haul. To make things better the majority of good citizens have been and will continue to support the person who will take us there the fastest. I say we give our young naive generation exactly what they ask for and stop fighting it. I'm just glad I'm a little older and that my best years are behind me now. We've taught our children well and they'll need to be strong for what lies ahead.

I hear what you are saying. It is just all so sad that parents work hard all of their lives to make a better life for their children, as our ancestors did before us. That is what makes it all worthwhile. Yes, us oldies will be ok, but the fact that our children and grandchildren will have to fight for their rights is beyond disheartening. Maybe, we are too quick to say the 'sky is falling', and our country will survive in tact, as it was envisioned by our Founders. I try to be an optimist, and can't seem to shake my other personality, Pollyanna. :lol:

Also, since we are in the middle of a prez election cycle, it is hard not to include politics in responses on this forum. Maybe, we could just reflect on our lives, but I have a feeling it will come back to politics, just the same.