Lets get a Republican in the WH!

BlueBird

The majorities of sane American’s know and understand why we need a GOP President in the White House now more than ever. The problem is that the Republican Party is a mess and it's due mostly because of the rise of Donald Trump. We can't blame Donald Trump for this as it's we the people who put Trump and our party of choice in this position. By supporting Trump over more viable Presidential Candidates we're guaranteeing a win for the Democrats, presumably Hillary Clinton. Most of us voting for the Republican nominee will vote for Donald Trump if he wins the party's nomination, however I don't envision Trump building any bridges and getting the votes he'll need to win the White House. I'm supporting John Kasich as I have all along. He has the experience and the level headed attitude we need in a President and I believe he would do much better in a general election vs. Hillary Clinton and most importantly I believe he's the best person for the job... Most national polls show Donald Trump losing to Hillary by a substantial margin. Rubio's inexperience has really been showing lately during the debates and Ted Cruz is too far to the right to appeal to most voters. We, as a party need to wake up fast if we want to see a Republican in the White House next year and we're running out of time.

End of rant.

somdwatch

Couldn't agree more. I haven't made a choice. Trump's past donations and support of democrats raises my suspicion's on why he's running as a republican. It may be that the current situation is exactly what he wanted to cause!

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
While I agree with a lot of the OPs rant...I don't see that Kasich has even a ghost of a chance... And I like the guy too.

It's time for Ted Nugent or Chuck Norris to step forward. And I wish Clint wasn't so old...:elaine:

BlueBird

While I agree with a lot of the OPs rant...I don't see that Kasich has even a ghost of a chance... And I like the guy too.

It's time for Ted Nugent or Chuck Norris to step forward. And I wish Clint wasn't so old...:elaine:

I could vote for Chuck or Ted, no problem. I think if more of us voted for who we like and not who we think will win then we could give Kasich a valid chance.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I think if more of us voted for who we like and not who we think will win...

That's interesting though...because I suspect that describes at least to some degree a typical Trump voter. I wonder how many vote for him only because "they think he will win". Not many, I'm guessing.

Amused_despair

I think the thing that is driving Trump in his candidacy is the fact that many Americans are tired of the politicians. Of everyone else running for office the only ones who weren't politicians and therefor part of the problem were Carson, Fiorina, and Trump. Trump is the only one of those who capitalized on the fact that Americans are tired of lip-service being paid to illegal immigration by both parties and want something done. Trump was the one who seized on the fact that President Obama wants to bring the same refugees to the USA who are causing such havoc in Europe and realized that many Americans are fearful of the consequences of such an action. Both parties have been a disaster on illegal immigration and on dealing with Islamic fundamentalism. Trump is not wanted by either party establishment. The establishment of both parties is no longer trusted by many Americans. Trump being popular is a result of all these things. The fact that he is a master salesman and knows how to read people only helps him. When it comes down to Trump and Clinton, Trump has already shown he is not afraid to say anything no matter how bad, about an opponent. There is no limit to the number of bad things that can be brought up about Clinton. She is an amateur who was in way over her head as Secretary of State and if it was anyone else they would be going to jail. She was a major supporter of Obama as he got involved in Libya, and she voted to support the invasion of Iraq. Trump will have a field day with her even before he brings up her cushy charity fund, lies about being under fire, and the fact she has no idea if she is poor or rich.

BlueBird

That's interesting though...because I suspect that describes at least to some degree a typical Trump voter. I wonder how many vote for him only because "they think he will win". Not many, I'm guessing.

It's the bandwagon mentality. People want their party to win so instead ow "wasting" their precious vote on the person of their choice they vote for the person they believe has the best chance of winning the party nomination. Percentage wise I think this is happening more than you think.

Donald Trump is not our best chance to go all the way. He's also not the best man for the job. Instead, he's only better than what the other party has to offer but nationally he's pissed too many voters off with his rhetoric for the majority to see it.

Hijinx

I think the thing that is driving Trump in his candidacy is the fact that many Americans are tired of the politicians. Of everyone else running for office the only ones who weren't politicians and therefor part of the problem were Carson, Fiorina, and Trump. Trump is the only one of those who capitalized on the fact that Americans are tired of lip-service being paid to illegal immigration by both parties and want something done. Trump was the one who seized on the fact that President Obama wants to bring the same refugees to the USA who are causing such havoc in Europe and realized that many Americans are fearful of the consequences of such an action. Both parties have been a disaster on illegal immigration and on dealing with Islamic fundamentalism. Trump is not wanted by either party establishment. The establishment of both parties is no longer trusted by many Americans. Trump being popular is a result of all these things. The fact that he is a master salesman and knows how to read people only helps him. When it comes down to Trump and Clinton, Trump has already shown he is not afraid to say anything no matter how bad, about an opponent. There is no limit to the number of bad things that can be brought up about Clinton. She is an amateur who was in way over her head as Secretary of State and if it was anyone else they would be going to jail. She was a major supporter of Obama as he got involved in Libya, and she voted to support the invasion of Iraq. Trump will have a field day with her even before he brings up her cushy charity fund, lies about being under fire, and the fact she has no idea if she is poor or rich.

Cruz nor Rubio can cut the mustard. They just don't have what it takes.
Trump is a loose cannon nut bag.
Kasich is the best candidate, but I don't think he can beat Trump in the Primary.
I just cannot make myself want Trump as president. I don't trust the guy.

BlueBird

So, is Trump our best chance against Hillary? How does he pull off a win in a general election with the liberal loving, left leaning lets give all of our enemies a big hug average voter?

To win he'll need a considerable percentage from the black voters, Woman, Hispanics and yes even Muslims. The overwhelming majority of these voters will automatically vote for Hillary. They don't care about the the email scandal, white water, bengazi, iraq or any of the things you mentioned. All they see is in Trump is a person who wants to send them home, or not give them a hand out or oppress their agenda.

Last edited:

BlueBird

Cruz nor Rubio can cut the mustard. They just don't have what it takes.
Trump is a loose cannon nut bag.
Kasich is the best candidate, but I don't think he can beat Trump in the Primary.
I just cannot make myself want Trump as president. I don't trust the guy.

Concur 100%

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
With all due respect to the good gentlemen Bluebird and Gilligan, but...

Seriously? Uncle Teddy? Instead of Trump? :lmao:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The problem is that the Republican Party is a mess and it's due mostly because of the rise of Donald Trump.

You have that exactly backwards. The rise of Donald Trump is because the GOP is a mess. If the party had its act together and was coherent and up with modern times, no Donald Trump. You can't blame the pills or gun or razor blade for your decision to commit suicide.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

I completely agree with this.

It seems so simple to me, so why is it beyond the understanding of all the supposedly intelligent educated people we allow to shape our opinions?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
All they see is in Trump is a person who wants to send them home, or not give them a hand out or oppress their agenda.

Ah, you should listen to Rush Limbaugh's radio show. The other day he had Hispanics and Muslims - and women - calling his show to school him on why they were voting for Trump. Rush made the same claim, that they wouldn't vote for the guy who wants to send them home, etc, etc. Apparently his phones went crazy with people calling to tell him that that's not true.

One Muslim guy said that he was all in favor of more scrutiny being paid to his religion mates because it would go a long way toward alleviating the fear people feel toward normal non-jihad American Muslims such as himself.

Chris0nllyn

So, is Trump our best chance against Hillary? How does he pull of a win in a general election with the liberal loving, left leaning lets give all of our enemies a big hug average voter?

To win he'll need a considerable percentage from the black voters, Woman, Hispanics and yes even Muslims. The overwhelming majority of these voters will automatically vote for Hillary. They don't care about the the email scandal, white water, bengazi, iraq or any of the things you mentioned. All they see is in Trump is a person who wants to send them home, or not give them a hand out or oppress their agenda.

Per recent polls (quote from the "March 3 Debate" thread)
Regarding the polls, in this case, the poll they were discussing was CNN's polls that were general election head-to-head.
Trump vs. Clinton put Clinton ahead 52 to trump's 44.
Rubio vs. Clinton put Rubio ahead 50 to Clinton's 47.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...s/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...s/general_election_rubio_vs_clinton-3767.html

It's worth noting that those same polls have Sanders up by 12 on Trump, Cruz up by 1 on Clinton, Sanders up by 17 on Cruz, And Sanders up by 8 on Rubio.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/

Chris0nllyn

One Muslim guy said that he was all in favor of more scrutiny being paid to his religion mates because it would go a long way toward alleviating the fear people feel toward normal non-jihad American Muslims such as himself.

That caller is smoking crack.

Focusing efforts on just Muslims is somehow supposed to make people feel more comfortable with said Muslims?

Everybody loved the Japanese when they were put in internment camps, right?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
That caller is smoking crack.

Focusing efforts on just Muslims is somehow supposed to make people feel more comfortable with said Muslims?

Everybody loved the Japanese when they were put in internment camps, right?

He made a good case. You can either take note of what the Muslim guy said, or you can go, "Nah, what does he know - THIS is what Muslim guys really think..."

Amused_despair

He made a good case. You can either take note of what the Muslim guy said, or you can go, "Nah, what does he know - THIS is what Muslim guys really think..."

And that is the problem with the Republican party (and the Democrats too) "nah what do they know, THIS is what the American people really think..."