Let's talk about stuffing...

Stuffing or dressing? On the side or in the bird?

• Stuffing on the side

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Dressing on the side

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Stuffing in the bird

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Dressing in the bird

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Something else (share with the class)

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Is it stuffing or is it dressing?
Cooked inside the bird or baked on the side?

I'm stuffing on the side. 🦃

frequentflier

happy to be living
No recipe but I stuff the bird (and extra gets baked separately) with cubed store bought stuffing moistened with boullion, sage sausage, onion, apple, orange, chopped walnuts, celery, carrot and whatever I think of or have on hand. My husband was skeptical when I first described it- now he asks for it :)

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Bread, onions, celery, and sage goes in the bird. It's been so long since I've stuffed one, I'm surprised I still remember. Good thing I keep it simple I guess.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Always on the side for us...I always smoke our turkey and I like my oyster dressing cooked in the oven.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I've made this for years, also adding a can of chopped water chestnuts.

Grumpy

Typically it's made up of small amount of minced garlic, sage croutons, onion, celery, sausage, green pepper, butter, eggs, salt/pepper all stuffed in the bird.

PJay

On the side. Too mushy when cooked in bird. Like crispy top.

Lump

I like it better on the side and crispy for Thanksgiving. As a side note, I do recall my Grandmother used to make Stuffed Shad. The stuffing from/with the fish was really, really good.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
wait wait wait.....I searched the inter-webs for "stuffing"...some young women do weird stuffing...you would not believe what they're stuffing where!!
That anomoly is called the "Cream-Pie Deviation"

Turn "safe-search" back on. :yay: