Let's talk about stuffing...

Stuffing or dressing? On the side or in the bird?

• Stuffing on the side

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Dressing on the side

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Stuffing in the bird

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Dressing in the bird

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Something else (share with the class)

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters

ProLifePatriot

The best! This is where my father would put oyster stuffing if he had access to oysters at the time. :frown: But when he didn't ,:dance: .
My Dad's side of the family got together every year for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner at my grandparents house back in the day and oyster stuffing was always on the table along with the traditional turkey stuffing, but the oyster stuffing was my favorite.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
My mother always stuffed the turkey and any extra was on the side - and there was always extra.

I've made home made bread stuffing using all types of breads over the years (rye, wheat, italian) I've made the store bought crouton stuffiings -I've even made Stove Top stuffing, and I LOVE that, as well. The last couple of years, I've been making cornbread stuffing with the store-bought cornbread croutons and my own seasonings. (the usual - sage, chicken stock, salt, pepper, celery, onions) and we like that! :yay:

rio

I save the heels of bread and bread that's gotten stale in the freezer all year and use that (plus more bread is usually needed) to make my stuffing to be baked separately. A few days before TG I tear it up in a big bowl to get dry. Simple celery, onions, sage, thyme, butter and turkey stock. My father-in-law won't let anyone else make the stuffing since I joined the family 30 years ago.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I prefer in-the-bird stuffing. I find the other too dry and lacking that Thanksgiving flavor.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
If you can fit it into the bird, you didn't make enough. Mom would start with 5 loaves of bread and the mixing was done in the large crisper drawer from the bottom of the icebox.

Thought of your post when I saw this. :lol:

mitzi

Bread, onions, celery, and sage goes in the bird. It's been so long since I've stuffed one, I'm surprised I still remember. Good thing I keep it simple I guess.

That's how I made mine. I add some poultry seasoning too.