Let's talk turkey!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Food! :yahoo:

Because of the rona our typical campground feast has been modified. No potluck with 100 people socializing and stuffing themselves. Instead I had it catered - the team will be here at 1pm to put together box dinners of:

Turkey
Stuffing
Mashies
Gravy
Green beans
Cranberry sauce
Roll/butter
Individual punkie pies

Monello and I fixed up the Commons yesterday so it would look festive when guests come in to pick up their dinners, and I'll set up some background music to welcome them. Then guests will take their dinners out to the Sunset Deck, or back home to enjoy at their site. If it goes well we'll do Christmas this way too.

So what's for supper? 🦃

20 lb turkey in the oven, roast and veggies in the Insta-pot, homemade mashed taters, corn, stuffing, yeast rolls and a lemon meringue and a pumpkin pie. Just my immediate family as all other functions were cancelled. I will be packing up and sharing some of it and plan on not having to cook the rest of the weekend with the rest! Setting up our Christmas stuff tomorrow! :yahoo:🎅🎄🎁

Oh... and the Buckwheat Zydeco Station is blasting while I cook and clean... 🎶

Last edited:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Turkey goes in at 11, Sausage Stuffing, Sweet Potatoes, Mashed Potatoes, gravy, Cranberry Sauce(both kinds), deviled eggs, stuffed celery, rolls, a myriad of vegetables, pumpkin, Apple, Chocolate pies and Tums.

BOP

Food! :yahoo:

Because of the rona our typical campground feast has been modified. No potluck with 100 people socializing and stuffing themselves. Instead I had it catered - the team will be here at 1pm to put together box dinners of:

Turkey
Stuffing
Mashies
Gravy
Green beans
Cranberry sauce
Roll/butter
Individual punkie pies

Monello and I fixed up the Commons yesterday so it would look festive when guests come in to pick up their dinners, and I'll set up some background music to welcome them. Then guests will take their dinners out to the Sunset Deck, or back home to enjoy at their site. If it goes well we'll do Christmas this way too.

So what's for supper? 🦃
Tuna and noodle casserole, if I feel up to it. If not, cereal.

BOP

20 lb turkey in the oven, roast and veggies in the Insta-pot, homemade mashed taters, corn, stuffing, yeast rolls and a lemon meringue and a pumpkin pie. Just my immediate family as all other functions were cancelled. I will be packing up and sharing some of it and plan on not having to cook the rest of the weekend with the rest! Setting up our Christmas stuff tomorrow! :yahoo:🎅🎄🎁

Oh... and the Buckwheat Zydeco Station is blasting while I cook and clean... 🎶
I have Tab Benoit (playlist) on Pandora as I basically sit on my ass, surfing the interwebs.

BOP

Turkey goes in at 11, Sausage Stuffing, Sweet Potatoes, Mashed Potatoes, gravy, Cranberry Sauce(both kinds), deviled eggs, stuffed celery, rolls, a myriad of vegetables, pumpkin, Apple, Chocolate pies and Tums.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Just finished prep, not sure when the oven gets turned on. Only half a bird, so cooking time is 1/3, maybe a little over an hour.

A first: pumpkin pie was done, so I took it out to put it on a cooling rack. It was on a baking sheet. Went to slide it off the baking sheet onto the rack, and the entire pie slid out of the pie pan. It didn't go back in very neatly. :ohwell:

BOP

Just finished prep, not sure when the oven gets turned on. Only half a bird, so cooking time is 1/3, maybe a little over an hour.

A first: pumpkin pie was done, so I took it out to put it on a cooling rack. It was on a baking sheet. Went to slide it off the baking sheet onto the rack, and the entire pie slid out of the pie pan. It didn't go back in very neatly. :ohwell:
At least it didn't slide onto the deck.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Boiled the country ham yesterday..thin slicing it soon. Turkey injected and on the smoker over an hour ago. Stuffed ham bought and in the fridge. Missus is making green bean casserole, stuffing and mashed taters and gravy, and cranberry salad-relish. Daughter made cheese cake and two different kinds of dip for horses doovers. Cleaning oyster shells right now...prepping for oysters Rockefeller and oregano. Brother making his excellent batter and prepping to fry a bunch of oysters. Mom making her signature oyster stew.

I'm sure I left something out...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

A friend of mine had that happen to them last year. Both pies ended up on the floor. :tantrum

DaSDGuy

Bury it in whipped cream when you serve it. My SO says I use pie as an excuse to have a plate of whipped cream anyway. Nobody will know or care if it tastes great.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Final Menu:
French onion soup with Gruyere.
oven roasted turkey with stuffing, brined, seasoned with salt and Bell's seasoning.
corn bread.
roasted brussels with olive oil, salt, garlic.
roasted small red taters with olive oil, salt and rosemary.
green bean casserole, but I was very light with the cream of chicken soup. Used 2 tablespoons of soup, thinned it with chicken stock and drizzled it over the beans.
Mashed pumpkin pie with lots of whipped cream.

Time to make a brunch cocktail.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
......for horses doovers.

Good Lord, just spit soda everywhere laughing.

My stepfather, bless his soul, loved summer sausage.

But he called it horse dick.

"Sharen, make sure you pick up some horse dick for Christmas day while the kids are here!"

I swear, I walk past it in the grocery store, and I almost say horse dick out loud. Always makes me think of him and smile.