Let's talk turkey!

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Turkey breast, stuffed ham from Chaptico Market, roasted acorn squash, mashed butternut squash, cornbread stuffing, broccoli casserole, cranberry sauce and instead of pie, I made a refrigerator dessert. (Lemon pudding, cream cheese & coolwhip layered over a shortbread-like crust)

*all homemade except the stuffed ham.
Did you save me a plate?

Bonehead

Had some very disappointing oysters from the smoker and the grill. I am done buying oysters with zero flavor. 30 dollars for a quart of flavorless slime.

Hijinx

Had some very disappointing oysters from the smoker and the grill. I am done buying oysters with zero flavor. 30 dollars for a quart of flavorless slime.

I am an old time oyster eater and now we have oysters coming from plants. Seed oysters put out on the bars to grow. Oysters that do not reproduce, or put out spat naturally, And it's true. They don't have much flavor. Get some natural oysters from the Wicomico, up above where they plant them and they are better.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Dang. The ones I buy shucked from a Piney Point waterman all the time are awesome. We fried some yesterday and made several trays of Rockefeller’s.....smoked 3 quarts a week ago and they were amazing.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Spent an awesome evening with friends up the road. The turkey was cooked on the grill and it was super moist. They sent me home with the carcass and some meat. Have stock going on the stove and will make turkey noodle soup with dumplings and freeze the rest for future soup.

I picked up stuffed ham at Captain Smiths in Solomons and it was very good. My girl friend had never had it and thought it was really good. Her husband wouldn't try it (doesn't like anything green!) and their son, who has had it before, said the stuff I picked up was comparable (good!) to others he has eaten.

Bonehead

Dang. The ones I buy shucked from a Piney Point waterman all the time are awesome. We fried some yesterday and made several trays of Rockefeller’s.....smoked 3 quarts a week ago and they were amazing.
Does your waterman sell to the public ?