Let's talk turkey!

Hijinx

👀 thanks for asking...
Nope. They are grown (inseminated??) by the State and the small oysters are grown there and placed on the oyster beds.
The are called plants, because in essence they are planted on the beds.

By the way an oyster bed is not a mattress in the water either.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Between helping the wife cooking all the usuals yesterday, we had a 24lb stuffed ham going in the cooker. We were exhausted by dinner time. Way too much work for just two people.

:yay: I know what you mean - it was just me and Thing1 with a small-ish dinner, and I was cooking much of the day! :lol:

Although, I did make a dessert to take up to Thing2's PGFD station for their dinner. It was about a 45 minute trip one way, so that took a little chunk of time. That was a labor of love, though. #proudmom

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Between helping the wife cooking all the usuals yesterday, we had a 24lb stuffed ham going in the cooker. We were exhausted by dinner time. Way too much work for just two people.

Monello and I have decided to gift each other a stuffed ham from Chief's for Christmas. It's ridiculously insanely absurdly expensive because of shipping, and I'm somewhat concerned about my freezer space to store it, but I'd honestly give anything to have a stuffed ham sandwich right now.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Monello and I have decided to gift each other a stuffed ham from Chief's for Christmas. It's ridiculously insanely absurdly expensive because of shipping, and I'm somewhat concerned about my freezer space to store it, but I'd honestly give anything to have a stuffed ham sandwich right now.
Corn and stuff your own.....

Hijinx

Youi should've gotten one from Chaptico Market. Much Better.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Youi should've gotten one from Chaptico Market. Much Better.
Chief's stuffed ham is not the same since Andy passed. :(

my-thyme

Patron
Good Lord, just spit soda everywhere laughing.

My stepfather, bless his soul, loved summer sausage.

But he called it horse dick.

"Sharen, make sure you pick up some horse dick for Christmas day while the kids are here!"

I swear, I walk past it in the grocery store, and I almost say horse dick out loud. Always makes me think of him and smile.
Well, it almost happened again. Had to slap my hand over my mouth.

The horse dick has taken over the deli department at many grocery stores.

my-thyme

Patron
Yes, deli meat prices have gone through the roof. All grocery prices have skyrocketed.

WingsOfGold

Today I made stuffed dove breast and wings. Wings are for tomorrow, if I'm gonna fire up the grill which I OFTEN do make it at least 2 days worth of dinner.
The 6 dove cost me 1 12ga #8 shot at 1985 price. 😁