Lex Park keeping it classy

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
This is so true. I remember St. Mary's College wanting to build a pedestrian bridge over Rt. 5 because it seemed that the young adults weren't able to cross Rt. 5 safely.

College students (!) who cannot cross the street!!! And it's not like that's even a busy road down there!!!

:doh:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
College students (!) who cannot cross the street!!! And it's not like that's even a busy road down there!!!

Doesn't have to be busy when it takes them 10 minutes to stagger across a two lane road in an alcohol haze while fumbling with their phone.

glhs837

Power with Control
Translation? :confused:

Challenge accepted.

Ok I’m a white Male that was there I saw the whole thing The little girl was that the ice cream truck getting candy she star walking away from eyes came truck delayed I the old lady Was speeding going over 40 miles an hour and struck the little girl dragged her underneath the truck the old lady was not going to stop No one beat old lady The one male there was upset in yelling and everything else was her Uncle who was yelling at the cops because they were blocking to get to the house where the little girl was at see people had a run Back-and-forth from the ambulance to the house to take care of the little girl

I am a white male who saw the whole thing. The littel girl got some candy from the ice cream truck and started walking away. (Unintelligable) The old lady was going over 40 and drug the little girl, was not going to stop. nobody assaulted the old lady. One relative was only yelling at the old lady while her uncle was yelling at the cops becuase they were keeping EMS from getting to the house where the girl was, so EMs had to run back and forth to0 help the girl.

Now, we have some logical inconsitencies within the statement, never mind that they dont line up with reality and offically reported facts.

1. If the old lady wasnt going to stop, no 10 year old being drug would do it, and at 40, not much else besides another viehicle or a crowd of people jamming up the wheels were. Yet, she did stop.

2. Any 10 year old hit and drug by an SUV going 40 is dead. Certainly not going to be released from the hospital the next day. Also, his ability to accirately asses the speed of a moving vehicle without advanced training or measuring equipment is suspect.

3. If the officers were keeping EMS from the scene, that means that the officers felt is was not yet a safe environment for them to be. Given that the old lady was trasnported for incapactiating injuries (one comment claiming to be with her in the hospital says she has a broken pelvis) the claim that nobody touched her is incorrect.

Now, after the fact, I would not be surpirsed if we dont see some community organizing over the "racist" response where we not only dont punish the evil old white lady callously running over children but also arrest the heroic people who simply saley and politiely kept the evil old lady from continuing her streak of mayhem by hemming her in while keeping a polite and respectful distance from her.

black dog

Free America
Please post where I said it was a law...

Well let me see, oh yeah. The first sentence... It's not like she was driving a Propane truck and following the law crossing railroad tracks.
I believe you are supposed to come to a complete stop then, proceed with caution.

glhs837

Power with Control

Although, why they chose the signals they did I dont understand. On base they have flashing yellows that only trigger for 30-45 seconds when the button is pressed, and people on base know that they should slow down and yield when the light is flashing. Works great.

frequentflier

happy to be living
UPDATE – 7/12/2018 : According to the St.Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office, speed and alcohol do not appear to be factors in the motor vehicle collision.
A family member of the child involved in the motor vehicle accident told SMNEWSNET that they were expected to be released from the hospital later today.
SMNEWSNET has also learned that criminal charges are expected to be filed on a 23-year-old male from Lexington Park today for the assault of Linda Glaser, 72, of Lexington Park.

glhs837

Power with Control
UPDATE – 7/12/2018 : According to the St.Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office, speed and alcohol do not appear to be factors in the motor vehicle collision.
A family member of the child involved in the motor vehicle accident told SMNEWSNET that they were expected to be released from the hospital later today.
SMNEWSNET has also learned that criminal charges are expected to be filed on a 23-year-old male from Lexington Park today for the assault of Linda Glaser, 72, of Lexington Park.

Time for the angry Juneteenth.

MiddleGround

Well let me see, oh yeah. The first sentence... It's not like she was driving a Propane truck and following the law crossing railroad tracks.
I believe you are supposed to come to a complete stop then, proceed with caution.

Please post where I said it was a law...

See.. I can make things bold too :yay:

MiddleGround

2. Any 10 year old hit and drug by an SUV going 40 is dead. Certainly not going to be released from the hospital the next day. Also, his ability to accirately asses the speed of a moving vehicle without advanced training or measuring equipment is suspect.

You have mentioned this before in another thread.

If you cannot tell the difference driving 25MPH or 45-50MPH when someone drives by you then you have some serious problems with judging speed over distance. I could agree with you if you were to quote maybe up to a 10MPH difference but, there is a noticible difference between 25MPH and 40MPH.

Also... this could be a great band name! :lmao:

MiddleGround

So where does the "supposed to" come from then? Just curious.

Common sense?? :shrug:

Don't know about you but, I typically slow down and stay aware of children in a residential neighborhood. I know that may be contrary to the typical SOMD driving style though...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

So that pretty much puts all the "yabbuts" to rest. NOT a drunk white broad barreling down the street; NOT the child's father who beat the woman, unless he started procreating right at puberty.

Glad to see the little girl will be okay. :yay:

glhs837

Power with Control
You have mentioned this before in another thread.

If you cannot tell the difference driving 25MPH or 45-50MPH when someone drives by you then you have some serious problems with judging speed over distance. I could agree with you if you were to quote maybe up to a 10MPH difference but, there is a noticible difference between 25MPH and 40MPH.

Also... this could be a great band name! :lmao:

The point is that knowing someones going 40mph is pretty hard from a stationary view point. 30 might look to be 40, and if the speed limit is 25 and they were going 30 thats not a big deal. You can see a big difference between 25 and 50, thats double. 25-35? That's a lot harder. 30-40, same thing, but even a bit harder. There's a reason police officers are specially trained in techniques to visually judge speed, and even so in many jurisdictions, visual estimates are not admissable. People watcing a car drive by have a pretty small chance of nailing down a speed just seeing a car pass by and just assign a number that sounds bad. "OMG, that guy has to be doing 90!!!!!". Add in the fact that pretty much any 10 year old taking anything other than a light glancing blow by an SUV doing 40 is most likely going to be dead or severely injured.

You and I always seem to fall into this gap between possible and probable. Sure, it's possible this one guy randomly hanging out in Patuxent Park is a savant who can nail down a visual speed estimation with good accuracy. But my position is that the probability of that being so is slim to none.

MiddleGround

The point is that knowing someones going 40mph is pretty hard from a stationary view point. 30 might look to be 40, and if the speed limit is 25 and they were going 30 thats not a big deal. You can see a big difference between 25 and 50, thats double. 25-35? That's a lot harder. 30-40, same thing, but even a bit harder. There's a reason police officers are specially trained in techniques to visually judge speed, and even so in many jurisdictions, visual estimates are not admissable. People watcing a car drive by have a pretty small chance of nailing down a speed just seeing a car pass by and just assign a number that sounds bad. "OMG, that guy has to be doing 90!!!!!". Add in the fact that pretty much any 10 year old taking anything other than a light glancing blow by an SUV doing 40 is most likely going to be dead or severely injured.

You and I always seem to fall into this gap between possible and probable. Sure, it's possible this one guy randomly hanging out in Patuxent Park is a savant who can nail down a visual speed estimation with good accuracy. But my position is that the probability of that being so is slim to none.

I am not saying that some nutbag can look at a car driving by and say "They are doing exactly 42.375 MPH"

What I am saying is that if you put 10 people in a zone where people should be driving 25MPH and somebody comes through at 40 or 45MPH, I bet you 8 or 9 out of the 10 will be able to say "That guy is going too fast for 25MPH!"

I am also saying that those same 8 or 9 people, if watching a car drive by at 40 or 50MPH, can call :bs: when someone else tells them that the car was only doing 25.

Sapidus

UPDATE: Official Press Release on Woman Beaten After Accidentally Hitting 10-Year-Old Child with SUV in Lexington Park

Kid ran out into the road, woman hit her. It was a simple, "Oh, how terrible!" story until... the local talent pulled the woman from her vehicle and beat her. It happened in that ghetto off GMR, by the Nicolet Park drug market and gang fight arena.

Somehow a few commenters on the story are trying to make the case that the woman deserved to be beaten - "Wut a ol white bitch doin' in da 'hood anywayz?" type of stuff.

You love to feel attacked and play the victim even in this scenario don't you?

No one said anything about why was a white woman in the hood.

Yet you claim to have black friends all the time. You are such a joke. At least admit you are a bigot

glhs837

Power with Control
I am not saying that some nutbag can look at a car driving by and say "They are doing exactly 42.375 MPH"

What I am saying is that if you put 10 people in a zone where people should be driving 25MPH and somebody comes through at 40 or 45MPH, I bet you 8 or 9 out of the 10 will be able to say "That guy is going too fast for 25MPH!"

I am also saying that those same 8 or 9 people, if watching a car drive by at 40 or 50MPH, can call :bs: when someone else tells them that the car was only doing 25.

But what we do have is just one guy, not ten. And given this guys ability to craft a basic sentance appears to be less than the average 10 year old, his ability to perform other functions like guess a speed are in question. Add in his inability to accurately report other simple facts, I'm going to say his testimony is worthless.

I'm not so sure people can really tell 40 from 25 as easily as you say. I'm sure they can call "Faster than 25", but how much faster? I'll bet your spread from person to person is greater than you think. Eyewitnesses suck. The human mind and memory is a morass.