St. Mary's Co. Lexington Park Man Arrested for Attempted Murder

Five Maryland locations to serve you. Personal Injury, Criminal Defense, DUI Defense.
On July 22, 2020, deputies from the St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office responded to the 27300 block of Point Lookout Road in Leonardtown, for the reported assault involving a firearm. Deputies arrived on scene and located a female victim, age 31, suffering from a gunshot wound to her right foot. The victim advised deputies she was traveling in a vehicle on Point Lookout Road, when a vehicle drove up beside her on the shoulder of the road, and an individual in that vehicle pointed a handgun at her and began shooting. One round penetrated the vehicle door, striking the victim in the foot. At the time of the shooting, there were four additional victims inside the victim’s vehicle, two adults and two juveniles, who were not injured.

The investigation was continued by detectives from the St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office Criminal Investigations Division. The investigation determined Delontey Montario Butler, age 27 of Lexington Park, was the individual who committed the committed the assault. On July 31, 2020, Butler was located and arrested. Butler was charged with the following:

Attempted First Degree Murder

Attempted Second Degree Murder

Assault First Degree (five counts)

Assault Second Degree (five counts)

Handgun in Vehicle

Loaded Handgun in Vehicle

Handgun on Person

Loaded Handgun on Person

Firearm Use/Violent Crime

Reckless Endangerment from Car (five counts)

Butler was transported to the St. Mary’s County Detention and Rehabilitation Center and remains incarcerated on a no bond status.

Anyone with information on this incident that has not provided a statement to law enforcement is asked to contact Detective Austin Schultz at (301) 475-4200 extension 71953 or by email at Austin.Schultz@stmarysmd.com.

Citizens may remain anonymous and contact Crime Solvers at (301) 475-3333, or text a tip to “TIP239” plus their message to “CRIMES” (274637). Through the Crime Solvers Program tipsters are eligible for an award of up to $1,000 for information about a crime in St. Mary’s County that leads to an arrest or indictment.

For official news and information, follow the St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office on Twitter @firstsheriff.

Delontey Montario Butler​

Disclaimer: In the U.S.A., all persons accused of a crime by the State are presumed to be innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. See: https://so.md/presumed-innocence. Additionally, all of the information provided above is solely from the perspective of the respective law enforcement agency and does not provide any direct input from the accused or persons otherwise mentioned. You can find additional information about the case by searching the Maryland Judiciary Case Search Database using the accused's name and date of birth. The database is online at https://so.md/mdcasesearch . Persons named who have been found innocent or not guilty of all charges in the respective case, and/or have had the case ordered expunged by the court can have their name, age, and city redacted by following the process defined at https://so.md/expungeme.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Reading the article, was thinking.. Where's the picture of the miscreant?? Or the description??

BernieP

Resident PIA
Reading the article, was thinking.. Where's the picture of the miscreant?? Or the description??
His ugly mug is there now.
Like you had no idea
Real sweetheart. I'm sure there is a story behind this. Some sort of revenge thing.
Girl says **** off so you try to kill her and anyone in the vicinity.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
It seems like young Master Butler has some anger issues that need to be worked out. With almost 2 full pages on the MD Judiciary Website, I'd say it's time to put him on ice for a while. It's a shame St. Mary's has activist judges who just turn criminals loose to wreak more havoc on the county.

BernieP

Resident PIA
It seems like young Master Butler has some anger issues that need to be worked out. With almost 2 full pages on the MD Judiciary Website, I'd say it's time to put him on ice for a while. It's a shame St. Mary's has activist judges who just turn criminals loose to wreak more havoc on the county.
I'm sure I will take heat for this, but this seems to be a cultural issue that overlaps into the defund the police.
Young black males would not be the first group that has used vendettas as a means to resolving even minor problems.
There is a seeming lack of respect for government authority, i.e. Law Enforcement, the community supports, either out of fear or support, this environment by refusing to cooperate with law enforcement.
That lack of concern about the laws and rules of society can be seen every day in some areas by the driving, walking, etc, they just don't give a crap about traffic signals, which lane, jaywalking, etc.
Vendettas are an age old practice of basically "street" justice. It stems from the lack of respect for the authority of those that would be responsible for upholding the law.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I'm sure I will take heat for this, but this seems to be a cultural issue that overlaps into the defund the police.
I'm always amazed when someone makes an observation but is somehow criticized as being a bigot for mentioning something they see or experience. I think in those situations these words fit perfectly. It is what it is. To point out the obvious makes you observant. When your observation is about a community, it makes you culturally aware.

1 of the best things about traveling in the Navy is that it exposes you to many different cultures. To mention those differences doesn't make you a blowhard American. I guess it would depending on how you made that difference known. So I can say, FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, that Italians drivers drive like crap. The Japanese metro system is super clean. Pakistanis like to decorate their mass transit vehicles. Brits love their tea and warm beers. Any food in India that is red in color is going to be spicy hot. No matter where Mexicans travel to, they won't flush their used toilet paper, instead they put it in a trash can. When there is no trash can, it goes on the floor. The Dutch love their friets, fried potatoes.

Many foreigners that come to America always remark to me how patriotic we are. They mention how everywhere they look, they see our flag. And how we seem to be a little bit larger than the rest of the world.

BernieP

Resident PIA
It does not define all black people, or others of color. But it is a problem for young males, particularly in urban settings.
I also believe it spills into suburbia as these young men are being told "they aren't black unless...". That pressure comes through both social media and music and movies. You see a tremendous amount of pressure of blacks to toe a political line.
It's a sin, because studies say that at least 40% of blacks live in the suburbs and hold views much the same as their neighbors of all races and religions.