Lexington park Theater

awpitt

Main Streeter
Maybe instead of booze they could upgrade the equipment, put in more comfortable seating, clean the place and it wouldn't hurt if they could reduce the number of screens and make the remaining ones bigger. Why should I pay good money, to sit in an uncomfortable chair, with sticky floors and a screen not much bigger than my tv.
Then again, people love Metrocast with it's outstanding quality and reliability.

If you'd read the OP, you'd see that they are planning a renovation in addition to the alcohol license request. I would imagine that a renovation will include the upgrades you mentioned.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Maybe instead of booze they could upgrade the equipment, put in more comfortable seating, clean the place and it wouldn't hurt if they could reduce the number of screens and make the remaining ones bigger. Why should I pay good money, to sit in an uncomfortable chair, with sticky floors and a screen not much bigger than my tv.
Then again, people love Metrocast with it's outstanding quality and reliability.

You were saying???

AMC Theatres’ representatives brought a discussion of plans to renovate a movie theater in Lexington Park to St. Mary’s liquor board last Thursday, including the idea of adding alcohol service at the business.
The “major renovation project” costing $4 million to $7 million would mean fewer but bigger seats at the six-auditorium theater built along FDR Boulevard in the late 1980s, according to Frank Lewis, director of alcohol, food and beverage for the corporation.

http://www.somdnews.com/business/news/aging-st-mary-s-movie-theater-presents-concept-of-adding/article_6477d35b-3667-5b2f-a339-4dbc3aaa8406.html

BernieP

Resident PIA
If you'd read the OP, you'd see that they are planning a renovation in addition to the alcohol license request. I would imagine that a renovation will include the upgrades you mentioned.
some how I don't think they are going to combine two of those shoebox theaters into one so you can have a bigger screen.
I'm betting the renovations are to the lobby area where the real money is made.

awpitt

Main Streeter
some how I don't think they are going to combine two of those shoebox theaters into one so you can have a bigger screen.
I'm betting the renovations are to the lobby area where the real money is made.

If you take a couple of minutes to read the article, you'll see the specifics about the renovation, which includes a complete "gutting" of the theaters, new seating, and new equipment. Customers will be able to reserve seating ahead of time.

awpitt

Main Streeter
I still won't be going there.

I'm not going to let past stereotypes prevent me from giving it a try. From the article, it sounds like a nice set up so I'll give it a shot then I'll pass judgment based on first hand experience.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I'm not going to let past stereotypes prevent me from giving it a try. From the article, it sounds like a nice set up so I'll give it a shot then I'll pass judgment based on first hand experience.

I'm not compelled to go there just because of a revamp and booze. Especially since I am only 5 minutes away from the other theatre.

I'll continue to go to my favorite theater, where I can bring my own drinks, my own food, no cellphones, no noisy patrons, where I have full control over the volume control.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Me either. Adding booze still will not change the fact that it's located in the middle of a sh!thole.

It will just make the loud obnoxious "people" more obnoxious and louder. Will they be selling 40s? I wonder...

glhs837

Power with Control
"Getcher40sheeeerrrrreeeee!!!!!" "KiiiinnngCobraaaaa!!!!! "

It will just make the loud obnoxious "people" more obnoxious and louder. Will they be selling 40s? I wonder...

Sir, please see that attached invoice for usage of this joke, as previously used on page 1 of this thread, remit paymet soonest to avoid legal/extralegal penalties....... :)

Grumpy

Plagiarism is rampant these days.

Sir, please see that attached invoice for usage of this joke, as previously used on page 1 of this thread, remit paymet soonest to avoid legal/extralegal penalties....... :)

glhs837

Power with Control

I see you, like a map plagiarist, left that distinctive feature for my lawyers, thank you, Sir.

Disco Stu

Shut Up Little Man!!!!
Austin, TX has a couple of different movie theaters that sell food and alcohol - right in your seat. There's a tray in front of each seat that comes down for a table, then a waiter comes by before the movie to take your order and checks on you throughout. Just like a restaurant, only you're watching a movie.

We saw the new Independence Day at Flix Brewhouse when we were there.

Arlington Cinema Drafthouse does this too