Liability Insurance

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
I have Equine personal liability through the Equine insurance Center 1-800-783-9418 it lets you list 5 or 6 horses and I got $300K Occurrence and $600K Aggre (cant read it its blurry and don't have my glasses on) anyway it is $150per year..

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
I don't know if it covers your farm, but USEF gives you $1mil coverage. AgriRisk is a name I heard a LOT when I was checking into insurance for a show I'm taking my guy to in Canada. The facility requires $2mil liability per exhibitor. I was finally told that Ontario Equestrian Federation offers coverage of $5mil while in Ontario, even for american competitors as long as they are members.

Sparks

I'm mostly concerned with liability for boarding and others riding on my property. My personal horses are already insured.

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
I use Tracy Miller with Equine Insurance Center. Mine is written thru Great American. 2,000,000 liab / 10,000 medical and the barn is covered thru them also. It is very expensive!

Just keep in mind, it only takes 1 (one) paying boarder to default your homeowner policy on structure and liability. Your barn is covered under your homeowners until you board.

Sparks

Just keep in mind, it only takes 1 (one) paying boarder to default your homeowner policy on structure and liability. Your barn is covered under your homeowners until you board.

So NOT fair. Hardly worth having one boarder when you take into consideration the insurance bill :frown:

Last edited:

Duckz

So NOT fair. Hardly worth having one boarder when you take into consideration the insurance bill :frown:

Guess you need two boarders...one to cover the insurance premium, the other to put some money in your pocket :whistle:

Sparks

I don't even think they really put any money in your pocket when it's all said and done. :frown:

Still, I do want to get some local quotes on Liability.

Sparks

I have Equine personal liability through the Equine insurance Center 1-800-783-9418 it lets you list 5 or 6 horses and I got $300K Occurrence and $600K Aggre (cant read it its blurry and don't have my glasses on) anyway it is $150per year..

Is this just liability on your own horses?

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Is this just liability on your own horses?

Yes and you have to NAME the horses 5 I think each horse after that is more..covers if they get out and get hit etc or damage others property..

BTW I was sued for over 100K many years ago when a child was kicked on MY property by grabbing a yearlings tail...they won..

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
Yes and you have to NAME the horses 5 I think each horse after that is more..covers if they get out and get hit etc or damage others property..

BTW I was sued for over 100K many years ago when a child was kicked on MY property by grabbing a yearlings tail...they won..

Is the kid still alive?:whistle:

DQ2B

I got a policy through Brethren Mutual when I took on a boarder. Some of the bigger "horse" insurance companies would not even provide coverage for Southern Maryland when I checked:confused:

Sparks

I got a policy through Brethren Mutual when I took on a boarder. Some of the bigger "horse" insurance companies would not even provide coverage for Southern Maryland when I checked:confused:

Did they have a local office? Could you pm the name/number?

My biggest problem is finding a co. to cover just the liability. Most want to cover the whole farm including the homeowners. I don't want to do that.

DQ2B

Did they have a local office? Could you pm the name/number?

My biggest problem is finding a co. to cover just the liability. Most want to cover the whole farm including the homeowners. I don't want to do that.

Combs and Drury 301-475-5674 but I did have to add my homeowners on as well since when I brought my boarder in my then current policy would be void.

Brethren Mutual direct 800-621-4264

Sparks

I got a reasonable quote for a liability only policy for 1-5 boarders. Problem is, my barn won't be covered by my homeowner's policy if I accept a boarder. Looks like the whole farm policy is really the only option.

DQ2B

I got a reasonable quote for a liability only policy for 1-5 boarders. Problem is, my barn won't be covered by my homeowner's policy if I accept a boarder. Looks like the whole farm policy is really the only option.

Yup, that was my problem, all for one boarder. Had to change the whole darn thing.