Liar, character assassin, bigot – Pete Buttigieg is a natural leader for the Democrats.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Using a gracious and decent opponent as a prop in a hate campaign against Christians for political gain, tells you how low Democrats have sunk this electoral season. The basis of Buttigieg’s attacks is his invention of a non-existent Pence animus towards gays. As if this were not insulting enough, he follows the false insinuation with a lecture on theology to demonstrate that not only is Pence a religious bigot, but as a religious person he doesn’t even know what he’s talking about. Speaking to a CNN lap dog in a venue where Pence was not present to defend himself, Buttigieg said: "If me being gay was a choice, it was a choice that was made far, far above my pay grade," Buttigieg continued, "and that's the thing I wish the Mike Pences of the world would understand. That if you got a problem with who I am your problem is not with me -- your quarrel, sir, is with my Creator." In other words, God is on my side.

This is a peculiar theological view to say the least. It is an argument that born serial killer Ted Bundy could use in his own defense. In fact, Buttigieg thinks he has actually solved the most difficult and ancient theological question of all: If God is responsible for the whole of creation how can we explain or justify the suffering and death of the innocent, and of innocent children in particular. Buttigieg’s reasoning is not only shallow, its premise is malicious and dishonest. There is no evidence that Pence has a problem with the fact that Buttigieg is gay; indeed the evidence is quite to the contrary. It is the bigot Buttigieg who is the one who has a problem with the Christian, Mike Pence.

Like his Democrat comrades – Booker, Harris, Warren - Buttigieg dons the shield of martyrdom, portraying himself as a persecuted minority whose suffering absolves him of responsibility for his aggressions and bad behavior. In fact, in the short time since Buttigieg announced he was gay, far from being persecuted as the member of a “marginalized” group, his political fortunes have taken the form of a minor miracle – an obscure mayor from a violence-ridden city of under 100,000 catapulted into the national limelight as a leading contender for the Democratic presidential nomination. Far from hurting him, it is the fact that he is gay that has powered this rise, and he knows it. I can promise you that I am more persecuted every day by slanders and lies leading to lost opportunities for being a conservative than Pete Buttigieg will probably ever be for being gay. And unlike him I cannot capitalize on my marginalization by leftwing universities, publishing houses and media organizations for the crime of disagreeing with their political prejudices.

https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/273468/vigilante-south-bend-david-horowitz

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
This appears to have backfired on Bootyjudge. Mike Pence is such a decent guy, you never hear him being crappy or mean, always tactful and kind, highly diplomatic....and BJ went off the rails to attack him. Even liberals on social media are like, "WTF??"

Americans don't like mean people, in general. There is a segment of our society that adores meanness and perpetuates it as often as possible, but they are not even close to the majority. BJ is only hurting himself with these mean-spirited attacks and even the MSM cannot polish that turd.

My gay friend calls BJ the Queen of Mean. :lol:

stgislander

PREMO Member
Americans don't like mean people, in general. There is a segment of our society that adores meanness and perpetuates it as often as possible, but they are not even close to the majority.
Are we taking bets on the first TDS sufferer to reply?

SamSpade

I'm wondering how this clown car procession of Dem candidates will shake out, When it's Republicans, it seems like each candidate has his moment in the sun where all bets are on him, only to be taken down by a gaffe or a charge of sexual misconduct that never goes anywhere - and it takes a long time for a leader to emerge.

I tend to think that, with the DNC, they will not let the chips fall where they may - as they did in 1988 and 2004, where they ended up with the least interesting candidate, because they let more interesting ones fail - they pick one or a few leaders, and intentionally weed out the rest. I wonder who they will pick?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I tend to think that, with the DNC, they will not let the chips fall where they may - as they did in 1988 and 2004, where they ended up with the least interesting candidate, because they let more interesting ones fail - they pick one or a few leaders, and intentionally weed out the rest. I wonder who they will pick?

I, too, think the DNC has already decided who the nominee will be. The convention is in July 2020, so we'll know who they chose by next April or May. Until then it's just a rabble rousing. Get a bunch of Kirsten Gillibrands and Beto O'Rourkes out there to rail about how much they hate Trump and how allowing foreigners to take over our country is a good thing. It's just a pep rally right now.

transporter

OMG...let's have some fun with this one!!

This appears to have backfired on Bootyjudge.

Just to point out the stunningly obvious...spitbubble hates it when anyone calls her or Trump a derogatory name...but is QUITE happy to create her own derogatory name and doesn't mind one bit when our inept, incompetent and unfit President does the same.

Americans don't like mean people, in general.

Huh, you couldn't tell that from this site. Sptibubble might want to look around at the posts on the site where she is the "board mommy". She facilitates and promotes "mean" all day long, every day.

There is a segment of our society that adores meanness and perpetuates it as often as possible, but they are not even close to the majority.

That is absolutely true and the percentage of Americans that adores and perpetuate meanness is 35%.
BJ is only hurting himself with these mean-spirited attacks and even the MSM cannot polish that turd.

Well that is just bullsh!t. Mean spirited attacks are exactly what the minority of Americans want. Donald Trump won the Presidency by acting like a complete horse's ass and spitbubble's entire identity is defined by Trump.

My gay friend calls BJ the Queen of Mean.

Which does nothing more than prove spitbubble's hypocrisy.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
I, too, think the DNC has already decided who the nominee will be. The convention is in July 2020, so we'll know who they chose by next April or May. Until then it's just a rabble rousing. Get a bunch of Kirsten Gillibrands and Beto O'Rourkes out there to rail about how much they hate Trump and how allowing foreigners to take over our country is a good thing. It's just a pep rally right now.
It will be interesting to see whether the CNN pickers drives the choice, the DNC drives the CNN media reporting, or a nice Argentine tango whether it's a partnership.

Right now I think the DNC is happy to let CNN push a candidate and see what happens (DNC using CNN as its in-the-mall survey takers). Just a little while back Harris was the CHH choice. Now it seems to be Buttigieg.

(Buttigieg does have name recognition and retention going for him, I'm thinking. Gay dude with a name like Butt Gig? Great branding!)

--- End of line (MCP)

Yooper

It's pronounced "booty judge", which I think is even more appropriate.
Ah, didn't know that. I was just going on spelling.

So, what I'm learning is that this is a double win for the candidate! Wow! No stopping him now in 2020! Right? (Queue "Laverne and Shirley" them song.) :p

I still think he's an ass (in multiple ways).

--- End of line (MCP)

Last edited:

Yooper

No stopping him now in 2020!

It may have been mentioned here on the forum and almost certainly elsewhere on the interwebs, but I just realized that BJ is the perfect candidate for one of the spots on the Dems' 2020 ticket. He has all the appeal of Robert Francis O'Rourke but none of the downside (at least as far as we know at this point) AND he gets intersectionality points. Not many, but certainly more than Robert Francis.

So I'm gonna go all bold here and say the Dem slate for 2020 will be:

Harris
Buttigieg

Given Harris' past with Willie Brown (etc.), maybe the slogan will be:

"Harris BJ for the win! Unlike Trump we're not blowhards! But we do blow hard. And it's FREE! Vote Dem in 2020."

--- End of line (MCP)

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Mike Pence is such a decent guy,

but he is an icky Christian who won't be alone with other women

Why Mike Pence Is Worse Than Donald Trump

But I never let that obscure the truth, either: Pence is a far worse person, because of his creepy Handmaid’s Tale patriarchal approach to women’s equality. But also because he usually knows he’s lying about Trump, and their administration’s agenda, and he lies anyway.

Exhibit A, for today anyway, is the way he defended Trump’s reaction to Charlottesville on Tuesday morning. It’s a perfect encapsulation of the way Pence appropriates American decency to defend his own indecency, and his boss’s. Here’s what he told NBC’s Today show about why he supports Trump’s call to keep Confederate monuments standing.

“I’m someone who believes in more monuments, not less monuments. What we ought to do is we ought to remember our history,” he began. Monuments, he then argued, served to “celebrate the progress that we’ve made since that history.”

I don’t know exactly what history Pence is comparing to “that history,” since it’s all history, but let’s let him continue:

You know, when I walked, back in 2010, across the Edmund Pettus Bridge with John Lewis, arm in arm, and we remembered Bloody Sunday, and the extraordinary progress of the civil rights movement, I can’t help but think that rather than pulling down monuments, as some are wont to do, rather than tearing down monuments that have graced our cities all across this country for years, we ought to be building more monuments.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I actually respect that, even if I don't agree with it totally. .

It's the smart thing to do. Dems have this ugly habit of accusing people they don't like of rape and assault. Pence is smart to not get himself in a position for them to sling lies in the fake news and Kavanaugh him.

BOP

(Buttigieg does have name recognition and retention going for him, I'm thinking. Gay dude with a name like Butt Gig? Great branding!)

--- End of line (MCP)
Or not, depending on how active he is.

truby20

Fighting like a girl
Pete has really done well in terms of media coverage and the early polls over the last month as more people have heard his positions and honestly his passion for public service. I was interested to see this forum's take.... I see bizarre a obsession with his sexuality and lots of jokes about his name.

I honestly thought one of the biggest issues you guys would have is with his age, he's a millennial! Can't go a few days without a post ranting about that worthless generation. But here is this mayor, Havard/Oxford graduate, Afghan War Veteran, Rhode Scholar, saw the world and moved back to his decaying home town to try and make positive change.

From the tone and lack of real substance in these posts about him I don't think you've actually listened to him talk, or not nearly as closely as you did that instagram live video of Elizabeth Warren having a beer (the horror, lol).

I think this guy is the front runner. You've heard my rants about the boomers, they all need to go. He has the executive service, is incredibly well spoken, authentic, intelligent, experienced, and public focused. He is pretty polar opposite of what we see in Washington now.

If the best you've got against him is that he's married to a man or his last name sounds funny then I'm really liking his chances next year.

Yooper

If the best you've got against him is that he's married to a man or his last name sounds funny then I'm really liking his chances next year.
I can see what you're saying, but respectfully disagree. I think you're letting "our" humor get in front of what "we" are saying.

His attack on Pence wasn't a singular event and shows him for what he is. And that "is" is what makes him someone I would choose not to support. While I joke about his "husband" or "stand-up comedian line ready" name, neither has anything to do with the low regard in which I hold him. To my mind, either he did those honorable things you mentioned for the sake of building his resume or chose to squander them by being - as the OP notes - a character assassin (among other things).

--- End of line (MCP)

Last edited:

truby20

Fighting like a girl
I can see what you're saying, but respectfully disagree. I think you're letting "our" humor get in front of what "we" are saying.

His attack on Pence wasn't a singular event and shows him for what he is. And that "is" is what makes him someone I would choose not to support. While I joke about his "husband" or "stand-up comedian line ready" name, neither has anything to do with the low regard in which I hold him. To my mind, either he did those honorable things you mentioned for the sake of building his resume or chose to squander them by being - as the OP notes - a character assassin (among other things).

--- End of line (MCP)

Resume building? Is that going to be the take of being in the Naval reserves and going into a war zone? Is that what you would tell fellow Harvard graduate Dan Crenshaw ? He went into a war zone to build his resume? Come on, you know that's ridiculous.

And as far as "attacking Mike Pence"...

I spent 10 second searching and found footage of Pence speaking for the need to change the U.S. Constitution so that two men or two women cannot be married (https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4738589/mike-pence-speaks-gay-marriage)

Mike Pence said:
I rise in strong support of the marriage amendment and offer heartfelt thanks and congratulations to the gentlewoman from Colorado (Mrs. Musgrave) for her principled, compassionate, and courageous leadership on this issue from her very first term in Congress.
Let us say "yes" very humbly today to the marriage as traditionally defined. Let us say "no" to activist courts bent on redefining it.

Marriage matters, Mr. Speaker. It was ordained by God, instituted in the law. It is the glue of the American family and the safest harbor to raise children. Let us put in that most sacred of documents an affirmation of that institution upon which our society demands.

I urge my colleagues to embrace H.J. Res. 88, the Marriage Protection Amendment.

I really don't feel like re-hashing the marriage debate here, the somd.com archives are filled with threads talking about the complete downfall of society that will happen once gays are allowed to join the military and marry, don't believe me? Search them! I was here for them.

And guess what? Divorce rates have fallen 8% over the last 8 years (https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...s-are-causing-the-u-s-divorce-rate-to-plummet).

The vice president is on public record advocating to change the U.S. constitution to prevent his marriage, I think he is well within his rights to question Mr. Pence's motives.