Liberal Companies Working to Destroy Democracy

rmorse

Then the CT should do it, pretty sure 3,500 is class leading for payload.

3500 is less than what I need unfortunately. I've overloaded my tacoma a bunch and I borrow my Dad's F350 when it's overloaded past the point of comfort for me.

rmorse

What are you hauling? And would a trailer make more sense at that point?

Anything and everything? I do a lot of stuff...there's no one thing I can point to. Also, midsized trucks suck when towing a decent load lol.

I've towed boats, enclosed trailers with dirt bikes, campers, flat trailers with vehicles on them, flat trailers loaded down with supplies, etc. I've put my truck to work and after 100k miles with it, I recognize that I pull and carry enough weight where I need to step up to a full-sized truck when the time comes. I'd like to purchase a camper (we've rented a travel camper a couple times) and I don't want to be limited by the 6500lb tow limit I currently have. The camper we rent is just shy of 4,000lbs and you know it's there. I'd rather have the truck not break a sweat than having to plan my route to avoid hills.

glhs837

Power with Control
Anything and everything? I do a lot of stuff...there's no one thing I can point to. Also, midsized trucks suck when towing a decent load lol.

I've towed boats, enclosed trailers with dirt bikes, campers, flat trailers with vehicles on them, flat trailers loaded down with supplies, etc. I've put my truck to work and after 100k miles with it, I recognize that I pull and carry enough weight where I need to step up to a full-sized truck when the time comes. I'd like to purchase a camper (we've rented a travel camper a couple times) and I don't want to be limited by the 6500lb tow limit I currently have. The camper we rent is just shy of 4,000lbs and you know it's there. I'd rather have the truck not break a sweat than having to plan my route to avoid hills.

Wait, we we getting payload and towing capacity mixed up? When you say payload, to me, that's only what you carry in the bed and possibly the cabin also. Anything on a trailer doesnt count towards that. Thats why I asked, to get 3,500lbs in the bed of the truck, you are hauling stone or heavy equipment. Towing for the base is 7,500, dual motor is 10,000, while the 69,999 tri-motor is 14,000lbs towing

rmorse

Wait, we we getting payload and towing capacity mixed up? When you say payload, to me, that's only what you carry in the bed and possibly the cabin also. Anything on a trailer doesnt count towards that. Thats why I asked, to get 3,500lbs in the bed of the truck, you are hauling stone or heavy equipment. Towing for the base is 7,500, dual motor is 10,000, while the 69,999 tri-motor is 14,000lbs towing

Oh yea, my bad, I was having a brain fart and conflating the two

glhs837

Power with Control
Oh yea, my bad, I was having a brain fart and conflating the two

Okay, so at 3,500 bed payload for all three variants, then the CT would work for almost anything you might need to tow. The mid-range dual motor (49,999) tows up to 10,000lbs, or any of the trailers below loaded down

Or one of these car haulers with a 7,300lb vehicle on it.

Or one of these with 7,500ishlbs on it.....

Now if you need more than that, you gotta step up to the tri-motor at 69,999, that adds 4,000lbs to towing capacity.

Hijinx

If I were towing a large trailer and using it regularly, I would buy a pickup, I would buy a small tractor.
Commercial tractors are set up to tow, their Diesel engines have power, and last for 300,000 miles.
If it breaks down any Truck stop can fix it.

Bluecrqbe

You adapt to new technology when it is better and produces more value for the dollar. My Dad worked for RCA for many years - he mentioned that it's actually TV technology that has moved incredibly over the decades - where a new color set in the 60's set you back 600 bucks for a vacuum tube dinosaur set in a wooden console - for 600 bucks today you can get a TV with incredible picture, sound quality which weighs nothing and given inflation, is VASTLY cheaper. You buy a new TV - because it's less expensive and it is better on all counts.
Those TVs were built in America too, I remember the big Zenith plant in SW Virginia visiting family when I was a little girl. Easy to make a $600 TV today when you pay the Chinese pennies.

glhs837

Power with Control
Tesla is now larger (in market cap terms) than the 10 other largest auto companies combined.

Crazy, but unlike the other car companies, they have a clear path to crazy growth ahead of them, and are demonstrating that they have the capability to achieve that growth. Right now, EVs are sitting at about 2.3% of total vehicle sales globally. So there's lots of room for growth. Even with competition, which, with the exception of the Mustang Mach-E, hasn't really materialized as expected.

And there are two other businesses that Tesla is in that no other car maker is, residential and grid energy storage, both of which look to grow pretty fast.

The newest solar roof (not traditional PV cells screwed to a regular roof, but replacing the shingled entirely) still has to show itself a bit more but could also make a lot of money. And only makes sense financially if you are replacing your existing roof already, but the price is dropping.

Bare-ya-cuda

Crazy, but unlike the other car companies, they have a clear path to crazy growth ahead of them, and are demonstrating that they have the capability to achieve that growth. Right now, EVs are sitting at about 2.3% of total vehicle sales globally. So there's lots of room for growth. Even with competition, which, with the exception of the Mustang Mach-E, hasn't really materialized as expected.

And there are two other businesses that Tesla is in that no other car maker is, residential and grid energy storage, both of which look to grow pretty fast.

The newest solar roof (not traditional PV cells screwed to a regular roof, but replacing the shingled entirely) still has to show itself a bit more but could also make a lot of money. And only makes sense financially if you are replacing your existing roof already, but the price is dropping.

View attachment 154292
That roof probably cost more than the house is worth

glhs837

Power with Control
That roof probably cost more than the house is worth

Oh no, not even close. Location, my friend. That roof, including an $8,000 Powerwall and installation was about 62K. Pricey for a roof, yes, but when you figure a new roof in Fremont, CA, add in the cost of a solar panel system, and also resale with a system this slick...... its not bad at all. Below is not this house, but something smaller in the same area. 3 bed, 3 bath, 1,600 square feet.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Oh no, not even close. Location, my friend. That roof, including an $8,000 Powerwall and installation was about 62K. Pricey for a roof, yes, but when you figure a new roof in Fremont, CA, add in the cost of a solar panel system, and also resale with a system this slick...... its not bad at all. Below is not this house, but something smaller in the same area. 3 bed, 3 bath, 1,600 square feet.

Fremont used to be the go to area for less expensive property. Wow.

glhs837

Power with Control
Fremont used to be the go to area for less expensive property. Wow.
Still is.....thats the crazy part. Heres an 880 sqaure foot apartment for 769K.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Still is.....thats the crazy part. Heres an 880 sqaure foot apartment for 769K.

I had a $600 a month apartment in Sunnyvale, back in the 80's.

My old house. I planted that redwood tree when it was about 2 feet tall...
1195 Eureka Ave, Los Altos, CA 94024 | Zillow