Liberal Companies Working to Destroy Democracy

Bluecrqbe

I’m literally shaking with rage right now, hold onto your hats folks, we’ve got a lot of new boycotts to start!

Our national interest .. requires that the administrator of @USGSA immediately ascertain that @JoeBiden and @KamalaHarris are the president-elect and vice president-elect so that a proper transition can begin

Some standouts to me are the typical liberal swamp, Visa, MasterCard, MetLife and Goldmann Sachs, but there are hundreds here. I’m canceling all my Visa and MasterCard cards as we speak, I guess I can only trust American Express these days.

Bluecrqbe

Add GM to the list!

"We are confident that the Biden Administration, California, and the U.S. auto industry, which supports 10.3 million jobs, can collaboratively find the pathway that will deliver an all-electric future. To better foster the necessary dialogue, we are immediately withdrawing from the preemption litigation and inviting other automakers to join us."

Just another once proud American company now infested by liberal ideology and abandoning the greatest president for heavy manufacturing in nearly a century.

We have to fight electrification every step of the way, I’m not driving a tonka truck around the farm...sad Monday folks

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
There are several yahoos on Twitter going, "Yeah! Cut off their funds and water and electricity until they obey!!"

This particular yahoo is:

I'm thinking his partners need to see his tweet.

rmorse

Add GM to the list!

Just another once proud American company now infested by liberal ideology and abandoning the greatest president for heavy manufacturing in nearly a century.

We have to fight electrification every step of the way, I’m not driving a tonka truck around the farm...sad Monday folks

I’m a total gearhead but electric is the future man. The new electric bikes and cars are sick. Instant torque, different maps and adjustable torque/hp curves, individually powered wheels, way better maintenance, etc.

SamSpade

I’m a total gearhead but electric is the future man. The new electric bikes and cars are sick. Instant torque, different maps and adjustable torque/hp curves, individually powered wheels, way better maintenance, etc.

How far can you drive before you have to recharge all night? So - no long drives to anywhere?
How long does that battery last before you have to completely replace it?
How does it do in freezing weather? Can you pull a trailer through the snow? A half ton? To my relatives in the South or Southwest.
How big do they make those things?

And can I afford one that does all that?

I'll wait until the technology catches up.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
My dad spent a year telling me how much he loved his Prius, best car he ever had, blah blah blah. Then he stopped the charade and admitted he hated it, and turned it in for a good ol' American gas guzzler.

PeoplesElbow

My dad spent a year telling me how much he loved his Prius, best car he ever had, blah blah blah. Then he stopped the charade and admitted he hated it, and turned it in for a good ol' American gas guzzler.
North American, probably made in Canada or Mexico.

rmorse

How far can you drive before you have to recharge all night? So - no long drives to anywhere?
How long does that battery last before you have to completely replace it?
How does it do in freezing weather? Can you pull a trailer through the snow? A half ton? To my relatives in the South or Southwest.
How big do they make those things?

And can I afford one that does all that?

I'll wait until the technology catches up.

Haha yea that’s why I said the future, not now. Give it time. We’ve come a really really long way already. There’s electric cars that have the same range as gas, outperform gas cars in their class and recharge in under an hour at charging stations. And at $40k. The technology has caught up and passed the gas cars and is rapidly catching up to bikes. Trucks are the next segment and they will catch up and pass gas trucks within 5 years.

rmorse

Well yea, a Prius sucks. That’s like someone saying all gas cars suck because of their Corolla

SamSpade

There’s electric cars that have the same range as gas, outperform gas cars in their class and recharge in under an hour at charging stations. And at $40k.

I haven't heard that - but so far very little beats refueling in three minutes. Most cars I've read about, it's an overnight thing, which means range is kind of irrelevant. Gas is portable - you run out of gas, someone goes and fetches you a few gallons. What do you do with a car that has discharged and is too far from a charging station?

At home, I've done both electric and gas powered lawn items - mower, chain saw, leaf blower, snow blower, hedge trimmer and so on. Electric is all massively underpowered for the work that needs to be done. The mower was the worst - with the cords and the constant stopping of the motor, a small yard took all morning when a gas mower could do it in 20 minutes.

And since most of the world's electricity is still created via fossil fuels, it really seems to me that carbon capture is a more intelligent solution. You can't meet the constant growing need for electricity in homes - worse, IF the entire transportation sector - with windmills and solar. Ain't enough.

And I sure ain't payin' $40k for an electric car. Haven't paid anywhere near that much yet.

Reactions: BOP

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
What do you do with a car that has discharged and is too far from a charging station?

break out a solar panel and wait a couple of days and hope its not winter

:dingding:

And since most of the world's electricity is still created via fossil fuels,

that's the big LIE for all electric cars - you trade buying gasoline for a higher home electric bill ..... unless you put up a solar collection station and use a Tesla Power Wall

And I sure ain't payin' $40k for an electric car. Haven't paid anywhere near that much yet.

the most I ever paid for a vehicle was $ 3,000

rmorse

I haven't heard that - but so far very little beats refueling in three minutes. Most cars I've read about, it's an overnight thing, which means range is kind of irrelevant. Gas is portable - you run out of gas, someone goes and fetches you a few gallons. What do you do with a car that has discharged and is too far from a charging station?

At home, I've done both electric and gas powered lawn items - mower, chain saw, leaf blower, snow blower, hedge trimmer and so on. Electric is all massively underpowered for the work that needs to be done. The mower was the worst - with the cords and the constant stopping of the motor, a small yard took all morning when a gas mower could do it in 20 minutes.

And since most of the world's electricity is still created via fossil fuels, it really seems to me that carbon capture is a more intelligent solution. You can't meet the constant growing need for electricity in homes - worse, IF the entire transportation sector - with windmills and solar. Ain't enough.

The people who have electric cars plug them in every night at the house. It’s a lot different than refilling at the gas station because you aren’t refilling your gas vehicle every single night while you sleep. The only time you should worry about running out of juice is if your driving longer than the vehicle’s range in one shot. I.e., road trip.

Here’s an older article discussing your concern. You really have to try to run out of juice...it’s not like a gas car.

As far as gas versus electric tools, electric is now outperforming gas if you buy the right stuff. I’m not talking about an 18 volt leaf blower outperforming a gas one. I’m talking about stuff like Milwaukee MX Furl tools. Concrete saws and jackhammers and whatnot. They have electric versions that are outperforming the gas AND you’re not dealing with gas. Which means no headaches from using the tool in a not well ventilated area. No dealing with oil changes or other maintenance.

This is all super recent. Like, last couple years recent. The electric of today is so much better than the electric of 10 years ago and it’s evolving at an incredible pace.

As far as pollution goes, yea. I’m not naive. I’m not sitting here seeing an electric item and thinking I’m saving the world because I moved the pollution out of my eyesight. But that’s also not really what I was talking about. That’s a whole new thread. I was just discussing that electric vehicles are a lot further along than people in this thread realize.

$40l for a new vehicle is “reasonable.” I would not pay it either; I buy used. I’m a gearhead, like I said..I buy older rare cars and fix them up and mod them. $40k is a reasonable price tag for a new vehicle. Prior electric vehicles (not the Prius style vehicles; FULL electric ones that were actually comparable to gas) were pushing $100k. $40k is absolutely in line to a brand new gas vehicles. Regardless of who would pay that and regardless of whether or not it’s better to buy used vs new.

All I’m saying is, electric cars are the future. I don’t mean that in a wide-eyed sense, like omg this is amazing!!!!! I mean that in the same way that people were saying internet is the future. Electric vehicles are going to take over everything. I think the people who are pushing back on that idea might not be seeing how much electric vehicles have progressed in the last 5 years. Don’t sleep on them; if you enjoy paying $3k for a used car and fixing it up, you need to start learning electric.

rmorse

break out a solar panel and wait a couple of days and hope its not winter

:dingding:

that's the big LIE for all electric cars - you trade buying gasoline for a higher home electric bill ..... unless you put up a solar collection station and use a Tesla Power Wall

the most I ever paid for a vehicle was $ 3,000

I believe I addressed all of your inputs in my long comment to Sam