Licensed Architect needed

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I need the services of a MD licensed architect to produce the drawings the county requires for me to get a permit to renovate an existing 70 yo non-residential structure. Google brings up nothing but a couple large firms way up the road.

I have copies of the original construction blue prints, so it should be a simple exercise...it's a very simple structure.

Anyone got a lead or two?

Maybe stop in at the Permits office and see if they can provide some names of engineers that have filed permits?

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Don't know any off the top of my head, but there is Sweeney - Angelo M Aia in Leonardtown. 475-2755

gemma_rae

Is Lorenzi, Dodds, and Gunnell too far, they're in Waldorf. Ben Dyer & Associates in La Plata, and Soltsez.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Is Lorenzi, Dodds, and Gunnell too far, they're in Waldorf. Ben Dyer & Associates in La Plata, and Soltsez.

I've dealt with LDG on larger projects....but this is a teeny tiny project. We're renovating four 200 square foot guest rooms on a clubhouse.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Maybe stop in at the Permits office and see if they can provide some names of engineers that have filed permits?
They absolutely refused to provide a single name. Internal policy, apparently.

The guy up in Charles Co. that signed off on my house plans back in 2012 was easy to deal with and very reasonable cost. But alas he passed from cancer.

gemma_rae

They absolutely refused to provide a single name. Internal policy, apparently.

The guy up in Charles Co. that signed off on my house plans back in 2012 was easy to deal with and very reasonable cost. But alas he passed from cancer.
This just occurred to me. If you know of a similar project that has a name, you can go to here http://plats.net/pages/index.aspx and do an advance search, and the architect drawing will show up. Should have the firms name on it. Might be other ways to search, but that's the way I search.