Lies, Damn Lies, and Democratic Operatives

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Dems: A Killer on Every Block and Two Rapists in Every Backyard

The country is experiencing an historic surge in violent crime, and the link between Democratic policies and the crime wave is more firmly established than the law of gravity.

Republicans — are you guys awake?

This week, the Democrats and their auxiliary staff in the media gave less attention to the grisly kidnapping and murder of Eliza Fletcher than they did to two black girls allegedly snubbed by a performer in a Muppet costume a couple of months ago.

Fletcher, a 34-year-old hardware heiress, kindergarten teacher and married mother of two, was out for an early morning run near the University of Memphis campus on Friday when a 38-year-old career criminal, Cleotha Abston, leapt out of his SUV and dragged her, kicking and screaming, into the passenger side of his vehicle.

[clip]

Given that Memphis has recently elected a Soros-style Democratic district attorney, the kidnapper will probably be back on the street before the hapless Muppet impersonator is employable again.

But aren’t you glad Democrats have a zillion “crime” proposals that will take guns away from the law-abiding? Just think of what might have happened if we introduced guns into this situation! Under Biden’s “Safer America Plan,” attempted kidnappings will be fought mano a mano: a delicate 130-pound woman vs. a 6-foot, 175-pound man.

Yeah, you can definitely trust Democrats on crime, America.

Democrats enthusiastically supported the 2020 BLM riots that did more than a billion dollars’ worth of damage just in the first two weeks and left at least 25 people dead.

In the midst of this Democrat-encouraged destruction, candidate Biden, ol’ lunch-bucket Joe — the police have never had a truer friend! — took a knee at a BLM protest. You couldn’t get him out of his basement to campaign, but BLM was too important!

His running mate, Kamala Harris — as well as loads of his campaign staff — openly bragged about contributing money to bail out antifa and BLM rioters. Democrats — and only Democrats — supported “Defund the Police!” and actually did manage to defund the police in cities around the country.

As president, nearly a year after George Floyd’s death — giving Biden plenty of time for sober reflection — he issued an official White House statement bemoaning the fact that black people have to fear “interactions with law enforcement,” and blaming the “systemic racism” of the police for “the exhaustion that Black and brown Americans experience every single day.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Really have no words for how awful this is.

Forget politics, you’d think someone would just have sympathy for another human being losing their lives in such a violent way. BUT you know, Biden has really done a bang-up job of dehumanizing, vilifying, and objectifying Trump supporters, so in her mind, she’s laughing about the death of someone who ‘deserved it’.

Conservatives are the ones destroying the country, being violent, and dangerous.

Totally.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

'stole' Texas special election

"They stole that last election," Gonzalez claimed. "They spent $3 million to our $250,000, they campaigned for two years, and they still only won by less than one percent. So, the way to turn this around is getting out and vote."

Schiff, who serves on the House select committee investigating the January 6 Capitol protests, also spoke to Gonzalez's supporters at the event and offered remarks favoring his candidacy in the race.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

There’s Something Seriously Wrong With Democrats

To put it in basic terms, he sucked. Were it not for Biden, Carter would still be sitting on top of the heap of awful Presidents. That’s not a reason to celebrate his death.

I say this as someone who won’t cry when he passes – I didn’t know him, have no connection with him – but I don’t wish him ill. I will simply offer condolences on social media and that’s about it. I may correct some revisionist history that inevitably occurs when a politician dies, nothing more. It’s called being a normal human being.

Being a normal human being, or even just decent, is something beyond the reach of progressive Democrats. Actually, it’s not beyond their reach, they don’t even try to reach it. They’re just horrible people.

Queen Elizabeth’s passing was met with normal people offering condolences and progressives denouncing her existence.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

DC’s Climate Virtue Signaling Carries Big-Time Costs

Chickens coming home to roost can be painful. But the realproblem is the (willful) inability of progressive politicians and activists to foresee even easily foreseeable consequences of their decisions – and then demand that scapegoats pay to fix the problems the progressives caused.

The District of Columbia is about to inflict an enormous new set of roosting-chicken realities on its residents – and even more on its neighbors: Maryland, Virginia and West Virginia.

Led by Councilwoman Mary Cheh, DC’s City Council recently passed two laws banning fossil fuels for heating, cooking, and city-owned vehicles. Together, they position their city as a top virtue signaler on manmade climate change, which Ms. Chehcalls “the single most important environmental issue of our time.” Mayor Bowser enthusiastically endorsed the efforts.

The “Clean Energy DC Building Code Amendment Act” prohibits fossil fuels for home and water heating in new commercial buildings (including residential buildings four stories and higher), starting in 2027. It also requires that restaurants and families cook with electricity instead of natural gas. Only buildings deemed “essential to protecting public health and safety” may use gas for backup electricity generation.

The “Climate Commitment Act” forbids fossil fuel heat for new district-owned buildings, including schools, by 2025. It requires that all DC vehicles be “zero-emission” by 2026; all District operations be “carbon-free” by 2040; and the entire city be “carbon-neutral” by 2045.

Every successive fossil fuel reduction will require expanded electricity use – and generation. With DC-based nuclear almost certainly a nonstarter, power generation will presumably be via “renewable energy,” mostly wind and solar. But these technologies are intermittent, unreliable and weather-dependent. They must be backed up by batteries that must be recharged constantly, by more wind and solar power.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Rep. Jerry Nadler has become a serial napper in Congress: ‘He was Rock-A-Bye Baby’

As the nation’s most powerful elected officials planned, strategized and informed their colleagues about what they were up to, Rep. Jerry Nadler — chairman of the House Judiciary Committee — napped.

“He was Rock-A-Bye Baby. The meetings are usually half an hour and he was out for about 15 minutes,” a Democratic Hill staffer who was on the call told The Post.

The aide said nobody bothered to wake the sleeping giant, and things hummed along without him.

“It’s just a known thing,” the aide said of Nadler’s serial snoozing.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Dem Sen. Warner: U.S. Domestic Threats Greater than Terrorism

Partial transcript as follows:

MARGARET BRENNAN: You know, 9/11 introduced to many Americans for the very first time, this sense of vulnerability at home, and it launched the global war on terror. I wonder how vulnerable you think America is now, are we paying enough attention to the Middle East and to Afghanistan?
WARNER: Well, Margaret, I remember, as most Americans do, where they were on 9/11. I was in the middle of a political campaign and suddenly, the differences with my opponent seem very small in comparison and our country came together. And in many ways, we defeated the terrorists because of the resilience of the American public because of our intelligence community, and we are safer, better prepared. The stunning thing to me is here we are 20 years later, and the attack on the symbol of our democracy was not coming from terrorists, but it came from literally insurgents attacking the Capitol on January 6th. So I believe we are stronger. I believe our intelligence community has performed remarkably. I think the threat of terror has diminished. I think we still have new challenges in terms of nation-state challenges, Russia in longer-term, a technology competition with China. But I do worry about some of the activity in this country where the election deniers, the insurgency that took place on January 6th, that is something I hope we could see that same kind of unity of spirit.

SamSpade

'stole' Texas special election

"They stole that last election," Gonzalez claimed. "They spent $3 million to our $250,000, they campaigned for two years, and they still only won by less than one percent. So, the way to turn this around is getting out and vote."

Schiff, who serves on the House select committee investigating the January 6 Capitol protests, also spoke to Gonzalez's supporters at the event and offered remarks favoring his candidacy in the race.
Interesting that his principal complaint is that his opponent was supported by massive amounts of "outside" money.

This is SOP for Democrats across the country, ESPECIALLY in Senate races. I don't recall a single election cycle where at least one if not several Senate candidates were targeted by the Democrat party and flooded the race with "outside money".

SamSpade

People shouting at a Trump rally who think Biden lost are not a threat to democracy. Believing the election was stolen is not a threat to democracy. Losing faith in our law enforcement and believing them to be weaponized against political opponents is not a threat to democracy.

For one thing - fraud in elections and weaponizing law enforcement has happened for a hundred years. One of the reasons we even HAD a civil rights movement is because those things DID happen, and on a large scale, but the dead HAVE cast votes, fake IDs have been used, and the FBI has been used in the past to attack political opponents.

THAT isn't a threat to democracy.

IT IS a threat to democracy to insist the people shut up and color. To threaten people to stop talking. To systematically antagonize your political opponents via law enforcement.

THIS - is a threat to democracy. Not Trump supporters saying Eff Joe Biden.

SamSpade

Or how ' Outside ' = Stolen Election
I'm not in favor of "outside" money. I'm in agreement with Vrai and others - if it can't vote FOR THE CANDIDATE it has no business contributing to his campaign. And this is predicated on the idea that the candidate represents YOU, the voter. You can't have a million people outside your jurisdiction helping to get someone that will ultimately represent YOU, into office.

So while I agree with the complaint - it's disingenuous for the candidate to do so, since his party does this on a constant basis,
And I've never been cool about a national party collecting funds for a local candidate. If the Maryland Democratic Party sends money to support Steny, then let them, but not if they GOT the money from some other state or national body. We can't let other people decide who represents us; it obviates the whole point of elections.

Hijinx

IMO the Judiciary Committee is much better off if Nadler sleeps during the meeting.
Obviously they thought so too---they didn't other to wake him.

But the real problem here is that his constituents just voted for him to beat a lady who could stay awake anyway.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

The Ohio congressman has attempted to distance himself from the president, even suggesting that Biden should not seek re-election in 2024. However, Ryan’s comments on Tuesday morning echo President Joe Biden’s stance on what he calls “MAGA Republicans.”

Ryan’s remarks come just weeks after Biden delivered a primetime speech in front of Independence Hall declaring that “MAGA Republicans” are a threat to the nation’s very foundation.

Last Thursday, the president also told the Democratic National Committee, “Extreme MAGA Republicans just don’t threaten our personal and economic rights, they embrace political violence.”

“They refuse to accept the will of the people,” Biden added. “They threaten our very democracy.”

Ryan’s authenticity has also been called into question in recent weeks after he flip-flopped on whether or not to ban gas vehicles.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

U.S. Senate Candidate Vows to 'Kill and Confront' MAGA Movement

In an email to some friends on Monday, I wrote that Congressman Tim Ryan, a Democrat who is vying for an open Senate seat in Ohio, “is playing it smart. He knows he has Democrats locked up, so he’s going hard after Republicans and Independents. I don’t feel good about this race.”

I take it all back.

Until this week, Ryan, who is running against Hillbilly Elegy author J.D. Vance, was going hard after Republicans and independents. His ads and campaign literature portray him as a centrist who is willing to buck his party to do the right thing for his constituents. For example, in recent weeks, he’s been decrying Joe Biden’s student-loan payoff stunt (even though he supports “tuition-free college” and “expanding student loan forgiveness”). Nevertheless, just like Biden, Ryan is a hardcore leftist who is good at fooling people into thinking he’s a moderate. And, like Biden, he never saw a left-wing boondoggle or social-justice program he didn’t support. Here’s a snapshot, courtesy of Ballotpedia, of Ryan’s key votes in 2021:

Tim Ryan
(Courtesy of Ballotpedia)

But until this week, Ryan was running a disciplined campaign and had even distanced himself from Biden in order to gain the support of Republican and independent voters. Polling shows the race in a virtual tie, with Vance edging out Ryan in the RealClear Politics average by just 2.3 points, a month out from the start of early voting in the state. Ryan’s internal polling must be much worse, because on Tuesday, he turned a sharp corner and went full Joe Biden, lashing out at Trump supporters on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.”