Lies, Damn Lies, and Democratic Operatives

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

House Democrat Lies About January 6th, Gets Eviscerated in Response

The video opens with Bishop addressing Jones’ assertion about Sicknick being bludgeoned to death. Jones comes back and says he said that but didn’t specify at the hands of whom. Bishop then follows up with the obvious question: Well, then who exactly is Jones referring to?

Incredibly, the Democrat says he can “get that information to you in a few minutes” as he starts to stumble, asking Bishop if he’s denying if one Capitol Police officer was murdered in the midst of what happened on January 6th. That’s when Bishop just lets him have it, saying that he is denying that before laying out the facts, including the information on the medical examiner’s report that says Sicknick died of natural causes.

There is no ambiguity. Sicknick was not bludgeoned to death, and there is no evidence he was “murdered” as Jones said. But once a Democrat gets backed into a corner by their own lies, you can expect idiocy to follow, and sure enough, it did. Jones doubled down by snarking, “I contend that 138 Capitol and DC police officers were injured and that multiple Capitol Police officers died as a direct result of what happened on January 6th.”

Again, that’s just outright false. Not a single police officer died of any direct action taken on January 6th. What Jones is attempting to do is count unrelated suicides in the months after, none of which have been actually connected to the events at the Capitol, into his narrative. It’s grotesque in that he’s using dead people for political purposes while knowing what he’s saying isn’t true. Lastly, Jones asserts that Bishop is arguing over a “minute point,” as if the difference between dying of natural causes and being bludgeoned to death is irrelevant. It’s clear by then that the Democrat has been thoroughly embarrassed, and he’s just looking for an out.

The attitude Jones is displaying is one many have adopted about January 6th. Namely, the idea that because bad things happened that day, being factually accurate about what those things were is not only unnecessary but is somehow out limits. It’s basically an assertion that you must agree with all the false things said by people like Jones, and if you don’t, you are culpable in the violence. It’s a cheap maneuver that no one should take seriously or respect.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Scientists Defend Censorship and Cancel Culture as 'Recalibrating' American Society

“The question that we address is whether inclusivity efforts generally constitute unreasonable censorship and political correctness,” they continued, “or whether they are instead manifestations of a long-overdue reckoning about values.” See: “Pretend-justification for jumping aboard the cancel culture and censorship train.”

Relying heavily on faux-academic word-salad groupspeak, the chemists defended the renaming of buildings, the removal of statues, Twitter mobs, censorship, and cancel culture in “modern” American society. And here’s my favorite part: They asserted that “all of the above” should not be viewed as censorship or cancel culture, but rather as “recalibration” and the “manifestation of consequences culture.”

Again, see: “1984,” “Fahrenheit 451.”

The term ‘cancel culture’ has lately been twisted into an epithet that is used to discredit progressive policies. The practice of creating social distance from controversial or objectionable statements and actions is as old as society itself.
[Cancellation] is a way of calling out behavior seen as prejudiced or regressive. Almost all elements of society have adopted the strategy and tactics of ‘call-out culture’ perhaps best exemplified by the ‘#MeToo’ movement that worked to expose long-ignored misogyny.

The consistent fly in the left’s hypocritical argument is their condescending belief that they and they alone are the arbiters of “good” and “bad” — or “evil” — in every aspect of American society. Their word is absolute and it must not be challenged. Those who do so must be summarily ridiculed, dismissed out of hand, often accompanied by leftist-designated labels, or completely destroyed. Ironically, liberals live in glass houses without mirrors.

“Scientists have an obligation,” the scientists claimed, “to consider how the totality of their words and activities impacts the full range of stakeholders in the scientific enterprise: colleagues, trainees, institutions, and society.”

We ask those who argue in favor of unbridled free speech to appreciate that science, politics, and prejudices (old and new) are never really disconnected. We advocate for speech that empowers the next generation of scientists to create a more just and equitable ─ and hence more excellent ─ scientific community.

Uh-huh. Just like the left’s definition of inclusion.

Last edited:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Democrats Trying to Frighten Voters With Dark, Animated Imagery About the GOP and Cultural Issues

On one level, Democrats trying to paint Republicans as enemies of modernity and autocrats from the 19th century is familiar to all of us. Deriding GOP candidates as part of a “Christian Nationalist Army” ready to behead those from some other religion is only the latest manifestation of the grossly exaggerated campaign rhetoric used by Democrats to scare their voters into going to the polls.

But what if the Democrats “changed the narrative”? And the way the narrative was presented to the voter?

A group of progressive Democrats has adopted the ideas of Hitler and Stalin in using animation to paint their enemies with broad brush strokes and portray them as pure evil.

Over the top? Not hardly.

Politico:

Wide Angle Research, a nonprofit focused on moving politically-conflicted audiences, isn’t forsaking the hard-hitting tactics that have become a trademark of the campaign season’s close. Instead, the operatives pushed even further with online spots meant to mine some Americans’ darkest fears.
In one of the ads, a 10-year-old girl is sedated in a hospital after being raped. A doctor tells her parents she’ll have to return for a pregnancy test as part of a new government mandate. The narrator in the ad says states are passing abortion bans with no exceptions, adding that “a rapist can force himself on a child. But it takes Republican rule to force her to have his baby.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Hawley Grills Biden’s National Archives Nominee: ‘You Wrote … Republican Voters Are Stupid’

“You have talked in today’s hearings so far and in your pre-hearing Q&A about how much it’s important to be a non-partisan leader, correct?” Hawley began. “And so if you’re confirmed, you will attempt to stay politically neutral in your decision making, is that fair to say?”

Shogan assented.

Hawley then brought up an article Shogan had written titled, “Anti-Intellectualism in the Modern Presidency: Republican Populism.” In the 2007 article, published by the American Political Science Association, Shogan wrote of Republican presidents Dwight Eisenhower, Ronald Reagan, and George W. Bush, saying that their “leadership posturing place them on the explicitly anti-intellectual side of the spectrum.”

“Do you consider this piece to be non-partisan?” Hawley asked.

“I consider it to be an academic article publication 16, 17 years ago, a scholarly piece,” she answered.

Hawley noted that Shogan had said modern GOP presidents had adopted an anti-intellectual posture and asked her how to define such a phrase.

“The ability so speak in very plain, common-sense terms to Americans,” Shogan replied.

In the article, she wrote, “Republicans tend to exhibit anti-intellectual qualities. Democrats coalesce on the intellectual tail of the continuum.”

In relation to this, Hawley asked, “So is your point that Republicans are stupid and Democrats are intellectual?”

Shogan argued she did not mean that, but then followed by saying that the three GOP presidents had a “rhetorical connection with the American people.”

“A rhetorical connection that you say is anti-intellectual and you feature every two term Republican president since Dwight Eisenhower,” Hawley noted. “It’s a piece on rhetoric, but you attribute part of the ‘anti-intellectualism’ of the Republican party, to in your words, to the rise of the religious Right. Because those voters are stupid?”

She disagreed with that characterization.

“You wrote an article saying basically that Republican voters are stupid, that Republican presidents deliberately appeal to anti-intellectualism,” Hawley pointed out with anger. “You roll it all up in this thing called Republican populism, yet you’re trying to present yourself here as a non-partisan. In fact, you’re an extreme partisan. … You’re someone who has denigrated Republican presidents; every two-term Republican president … since the Second World War and their voters.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Dem Rep Melts After Falsely Claiming Jan. 6 Rioters Beat Cop To Death

“Did you say a police officer was bludgeoned to death by the crowd at the Jan. 6 riots?” Bishop asked Jones.

“Are you denying that at least one Capitol police officer was murdered in the midst of what happened on Jan. 6?” Jones shot back.

“Yeah, I think I am denying it,” Bishop replied. “I understood there were reports early on that Sicknick was struck with a fire extinguisher and that was subsequently debunked as false. He died of natural causes that were not connected to the event. Are we talking about the same person, Sicknick, or are we talking about somebody else?”

Jones pivoted to the unfounded claim that Sicknick’s death was indirectly cased by the rioters.

“You know, we’re talking about ‘but for’ causation of Officer Sicknick’s death,” he said. “And so I would hope you would at least concede at a minimum that Mr. Sicknick died as a result of what happened on Jan. 6 and I’m disappointed if you suggest otherwise sir.”

Jones later accused Bishop of nitpicking, saying that 138 Capitol and DC police officers were injured and that multiple Capitol police officers died as a direct result the riots. The deaths were possibly a reference to Metropolitan Police Officer Jeffrey Smith and Capitol Police Officer Howard Liebengood, who both committed suicide in the days following the riot.

SamSpade

“You know, we’re talking about ‘but for’ causation of Officer Sicknick’s death,” he said. “And so I would hope you would at least concede at a minimum that Mr. Sicknick died as a result of what happened on Jan. 6 and I’m disappointed if you suggest otherwise sir.”
There's no inflation.
Ok, but it's just going to affect rich people.
Ok, but it's temporary.
And so on.

Did you notice how he went from complete barefaced lie about being killed at the Capitol to re-direct to maybe it was caused by events that happened at the Capitol? (People in my family have died of stroke, including my mom; to my knowledge, no neurologist would claim it was "triggered" by an event, at least not without some kind of proof. "Post hoc, ergo propter hoc" - this after this, therefore BECAUSE of this - is a logical fallacy that says something that happens before an event causes the event. It's the kind of logic that led civilizations to hold human sacrifices, because favorable events followed them).

He went from not only saying it was true but demanding the other rep admit it was true - to backpedaling to "well it CAUSED it anyway".

And I don't get how suicides that happen later on are considered causes of death - police have the HIGHEST suicide rate of any profession in the country. Just as we have a problem with our veterans, maybe a better concern is how do we keep letting it happen? Because the job of policing is always going to be hard.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

'Some things are untouchable': PETA pushes for 'sex ban' for meat-eating men​

youtube.com/watch?v=bSGwMDYjKAI

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....

'Some things are untouchable': PETA pushes for 'sex ban' for meat-eating men​

youtube.com/watch?v=bSGwMDYjKAI
Yeah, we talked about this here before. I think the conclusion was that they weren't getting any anyway because....ugly.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Woman Who Sabotaged Dakota Access Pipeline Gets 6 Years In Prison, $3M Fine

Ruby Katherine Montoya, 32, who used a cutting torch to damage the oil pipeline in Iowa in 2016 and destroyed equipment over the next year, was also ordered to pay $3.2 million in restitution, The Associated Press reported.

“The sentence imposed today demonstrates that any crime of domestic terrorism will be aggressively investigated and prosecuted by the federal government,” U.S. Attorney Richard Westphal said in a statement.

Montoya, who conspired to damage an energy facility, worked with Jessica Reznicek to sabotage the pipeline and equipment used to work on it. In 2016, they torched a bulldozer and other heavy equipment in central Iowa, according to authorities. Reznicek was sentenced to eight years in prison in 2021 after pleading guilty to similar charges. That sentence was upheld on appeal in June.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Nonprofits Violate IRS Rules to Wage a Legal War for Illegal Aliens

Internal Radical Service by David Horowitz and John Perazzo discusses how nonprofits are defrauding “taxpayers into subsidizing an illegal invasion of the United States” because “of the collusion of the White House and the I.R.S. in supporting this subversion of the American immigration system.” The pamphlet reveals how the tax code has become corrupted with nonprofits facilitating the invasion every step of the way. Including through immigration lawfare.

Lawyers for Civil Rights represents the migrants and Alianza Americas, a “migrant-led” group which has received millions from George Soros. Alianza also operates as a 501(c)(3) despite not only lobbying for illegal aliens, but repeatedly engaging in political advocacy, including denouncing Trump and Republicans, and cheering Biden and Democrat victories.

Soros’ Open Society Policy Center, a 501(c)(4), provided $150,000 in funding in 2020 to Alianza to “support policy advocacy on immigration”. Soros, a top Democrat donor who allegedly immigrated to this country under false pretenses, is a major funder of illegal alien activist groups. One of the projects funded by Soros is “Notifica – Deportation Defense”, a smartphone app that alerts lawyers of illegals. Unlike conservative free speech apps, Apple has not removed Notifica from its app store. Also funding it was the Justice Department.

The organizations behind it, United We Dream and National Immigration Law Center, are C3s.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Why the Political Grift Won't Stop

Take Letitia James. The ink wasn't yet dry on her quarter-billion-dollar civil lawsuit when the ambitious prosecutor—who once tried running for New York governor for a hot minute—sent out a sleazy fundraising email bragging, "Guess who's in the headlines again?"

"Once again, powerful and corrupt men have taken over the headlines, friend," the appeal continued, likely referencing James's contentious role in chasing former Gov. Andrew Cuomo out of office by investigating allegations of sexual harassment. "But I'm not surprised. Ever since I took my oath as your attorney general and swore to do everything in my power to finally bring the most corrupt actors to justice, they have worked tirelessly to take me down." (Self-impressed italics in the original.)

Like so much political excreta, Tish's monetization of her ostensibly impartial justice-seeking was gross, legal, and probably inevitable. The attorney general is an elected position, James is a career politician in a deep-blue city and state, and nothing excites her base of support more than the prospects of at long last harpooning the orange whale.

Fervent consumer-side political passion—the more negative, the better—is the raw material of huckster fortunes: in politics, in media, in publishing, in advertising, in think-tanking, in lobbying, in consulting. And most vaporwarish of all, in headline-chasing overnight nonprofits, preferably attached either to quasi-celebrities or to a celebrated cause (or both).