Life in Calvert (rev 1)

M

MeMeMeMeMe

Took your word for it and tried Vera's on Saturday. It was a lot busier than the last time I went and I took less prissy friends. Looks like fun if you have a big group (I just went with two women I work with). Not a lot of mingling. I saw a lot of women dancing and a few couples, but any single men were just watching. One of my friends tried to get a couple of them to dance with no luck. A couple were interesting....

kelb

art imitating life
Took your word for it and tried Vera's on Saturday. It was a lot busier than the last time I went and I took less prissy friends. Looks like fun if you have a big group (I just went with two women I work with). Not a lot of mingling. I saw a lot of women dancing and a few couples, but any single men were just watching. One of my friends tried to get a couple of them to dance with no luck. A couple were interesting....

You want to do something fun? I know its not "Calvert" but its Traceys landing which is not to far. Calypso bay this friday. The badn plays 80's hair band music!

SO MUCH FUN!

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)

Did you see the mohawk guy? :lmao:

A group of forumites were there.. wish we knew you were there we could have said hi!

M

MeMeMeMeMe

Missed the Mohawk guy

I wondered if any forum people were there, since I got the idea here. Next time I'm there I'll wear a carnation so you can recognize me. I was wishing for a bigger group for more fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

MeMeMeMeMe

I see you got the dino to dance

You want to do something fun? I know its not "Calvert" but its Traceys landing which is not to far. Calypso bay this friday. The badn plays 80's hair band music!

SO MUCH FUN!

VERY cool.

M

MeMeMeMeMe

SO MUCH FUN!
Thanks for the hint. I've been planning to try more places to the north of Prince Frederick. Where is Calyso Bay? It's funny I was pretty sure I was giving wrong directions to Razorsedge, so I google mapped it. They showed it in 2 or 3 different places with the same road adress and several different city names.

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
I wondered if any forum people were there, since I got the idea here. Next time I'm there I'll wear a carnation so you can recognize me. I was wishing for a bigger group for more fun.

Well 9 of us were there on Saturday night... So you probably saw us and didn't know it :lol:

kelb

art imitating life
I think Calypso is in a strip mall on the west side of the main drag that runs through the beaches. but I may have it confused.

That must be the old Northern Lights (and about 5 other names) since I've been here. I think the original posting referred to the Calypso in Tracy's Landing which is listed later on the list you posted.

There are 2. I'm not talking about the one in solomons. Its in Traceys Landing. AA county. Right of of rt 2

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
That must be the old Northern Lights (and about 5 other names) since I've been here. I think the original posting referred to the Calypso in Tracy's Landing which is listed later on the list you posted.

I've never known it as Nothern Lights but that doesn't mean it wasn't. You are reffering to what most people know as Harbor Sounds or the previous BadFish correct?

M

MeMeMeMeMe

I've never known it as Nothern Lights but that doesn't mean it wasn't. You are reffering to what most people know as Harbor Sounds or the previous BadFish correct?

My time partying in Solomons was like 20+ years ago, so I may have it wrong. (many years and much beer later). I think Harbor Sounds was the same place....on the left after the Tiki Bar.