Life in Calvert?

M

MeMeMeMeMe

OK. So now that we've established that there is life in Calvert County, where is the "LIFE" in Calvert. Entertainment seems to consist solely of Karioke (I don't care if I spelled that right) at one of the many chain establishments in PF. One more night of that and I'm going to end it all (my social life at least). Now that Mom's is closed the mid county area has no place for live music that is larger than my hall closet. Don't see much chance on anything new until the economy gets better.

I see announcements on this board for bands appearing on the Western and southern shores, but where is the social director for Calvert?

I'm just asking...:tap:

M

MeMeMeMeMe

All I'm copping to is that Kennedy was my first president.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Vera's in White Sands is having their spring opening tonight, that's always a good time, big crowd, nice people, live bands. They'll have live bands every Friday and Saturday night. I've been going for the past 2 years and always have a good time.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
All I'm copping to is that Kennedy was my first president.

When you started being alive or that you voted for?

Regardless, my suggestion is CJ's Backroom. Older crowd, good music, I always have fun there. And I'm either your age or 20 years younger than you, depending on how you answer the initial question.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Vera's in White Sands is having their spring opening tonight, that's always a good time, big crowd, nice people, live bands. They'll have live bands every Friday and Saturday night. I've been going for the past 2 years and always have a good time.

Good suggestion! Vera's has really good bands.

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)

:yeahthat:

Love Vera's so glad it's opened back up.. to bad I have a housefull of kids tonight and couldn't go :tantrum:

M

MeMeMeMeMe

None of my friends will go back to Vera's. We went one time last summer (I think it was a slightly off night)and a woman followed my (very buxom) friend out of the bathroom and wouldn't leave her alone. After she (my friend, not the strange clingy lady) threatened my life, I haven't had the nerve to suggest it again...

I've never tried CJ's back room. Is that the old CJ's in Lusby? I don't make it down that way too often. Still seems sad that the "county seat" is such an entertainment wasteland...

BTW Kennedy is the first president I remember. I think Eisenhour was in office when I was born, but I can't spell that.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
None of my friends will go back to Vera's. We went one time last summer (I think it was a slightly off night)and a woman followed my (very buxom) friend out of the bathroom and wouldn't leave her alone. After she (my friend, not the strange clingy lady) threatened my life, I haven't had the nerve to suggest it again...

I've never tried CJ's back room. Is that the old CJ's in Lusby? I don't make it down that way too often. Still seems sad that the "county seat" is such an entertainment wasteland...

BTW Kennedy is the first president I remember. I think Eisenhour was in office when I was born, but I can't spell that.

There will be wierdos everywhere you go, one bad experience shouldn't make you stay away from a place. Like I said, I've gone there for the past two years, almost never missed a Friday or Saturday night and this is the first I've heard of something like that. When you mix alcohol and a lot of people, no telling what might happen.

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
There will be wierdos everywhere you go, one bad experience shouldn't make you stay away from a place. Like I said, I've gone there for the past two years, almost never missed a Friday or Saturday night and this is the first I've heard of something like that. When you mix alcohol and a lot of people, no telling what might happen.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm I have seen you then :lol:

So why are you staying away?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

^What she said^

I've gone to Vera's any number of times and never had an incident.

CJ's Backroom is behind the CJ's c-store in Lusby. Is it Rousby Hall Rd? Not sure.

M

MeMeMeMeMe

Based on y'all's recommendation I'll try to get back to Vera's. I know I run with a pretty prissy crowd, but that is not a place I'd go to alone.

I still just want to get in one more whine about the vast nightlife wasteland of the mid-county though. :wah:

OK I'm done now.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Based on y'all's recommendation I'll try to get back to Vera's. I know I run with a pretty prissy crowd, but that is not a place I'd go to alone.

I still just want to get in one more whine about the vast nightlife wasteland of the mid-county though. :wah:

OK I'm done now.

Although I've never been, I do know a lot of people that go to the Green Turtle. I've gone to Houligan's (I hope I got the name right) in Prince Frederick, only been on Sunday so not sure what their Friday and Saturday nights are like, seems like a nice place though.

M

MeMeMeMeMe

I have yet to have fun at the green turtle.

Again I travel with a prissy crowd, and somehow we always end up holed up in the side room by our selves. The last time I finally muscled my way in to the bar area there on a saturday night I looked around, all that came to mind was that there were young ugly men and old ugly men. So I went quietly to the other room.

Oh well... 12 hours at the "salt mines" and three glassses of wine have made me bi**hy and tired. Thanks for amusing me.

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
Although I've never been, I do know a lot of people that go to the Green Turtle. I've gone to Houligan's (I hope I got the name right) in Prince Frederick, only been on Sunday so not sure what their Friday and Saturday nights are like, seems like a nice place though.

:yeahthat: (our age group, too!)