Life without Cable TV and Internet SUCKS!

Y

yornoc

WOW! It has been a loooooooooooong weekend. First, no cable (which means no internet) then no power for about 24 hours. The cable finally came back on today (after being out since Thursday) ... e-mails galore!

Life is slowly returning to normal...

Last edited by a moderator:
P

pigpen

I hate the cable here. Had it for about a year until I decided to go with a dish. Plus, I get the same channels as cable, get more channels, and it's cheaper! How does that work out?

mainman

Set Trippin
Originally posted by pigpen
I hate the cable here. Had it for about a year until I decided to go with a dish. Plus, I get the same channels as cable, get more channels, and it's cheaper! How does that work out?
pigpen, what service do you use? How much do you pay monthly? How many channels do you get?

P

pigpen

I've got DirectTV, get around 200 or so channels, and pay roughly $40 a month.

mainman

Set Trippin
I've got DirectTV, get around 200 or so channels, and pay roughly $40 a month.
:yikes:
christ, I was paying $90 for digital cable... :stupid:, in my defense I cancelled it last week....
BTW, welcome to the forums!

P

pigpen

Thanks for the welcome. Since I've had my dish, it's gone out 3 times, once during the hurricane for a few minutes, once during a tornado, and one other time with severe weather. When I had cable, it seemed to go out if you looked at it the wrong way!

mainman

Set Trippin
Thanks for the welcome. Since I've had my dish, it's gone out 3 times, once during the hurricane for a few minutes, once during a tornado, and one other time with severe weather. When I had cable, it seemed to go out if you looked at it the wrong way!
how about this for an avatar!

P

pigpen

Kinda funny you put that pic up there, that's the avatar I use for some other forums I'm on!