light bulbs

Will you miss the traditional light bulb?

• yes- I have lived with them all my life!

Votes: 29 61.7%
  • no-the energy efficient bulbs will be better!

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • I don't really care!

Votes: 9 19.1%

• Total voters

mudpuddle

How do you feel about the disappearance of the traditional incandescent light bulb at the beginning of the year, 2014?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Along with those crappy (ha) toilets that you have to flush several times, crappy lightbulbs are just another control to get us used to third world conditions and sedate us. Think about when you sit in a dimly lit room: you become comfortable, maybe even doze off.

This is what they're hoping for, that we'll all fall asleep and lose our will. The gulags and internment camps were never brightly lit. Nor are prison cells.

But not me, brother. I have a lifetime supply of 100watt lightbulbs stockpiled. You will pry them from my cold dead hands.

mudpuddle

Along with those crappy (ha) toilets that you have to flush several times, crappy lightbulbs are just another control to get us used to third world conditions and sedate us. Think about when you sit in a dimly lit room: you become comfortable, maybe even doze off.

This is what they're hoping for, that we'll all fall asleep and lose our will. The gulags and internment camps were never brightly lit. Nor are prison cells.

But not me, brother. I have a lifetime supply of 100watt lightbulbs stockpiled. You will pry them from my cold dead hands.

I like your idea of stockpiling!!! Going to BJ's this weekend--maybe they'll have some!
I wonder if they will be sold on E-bay? (You know they will! :killingme

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Ya'll come on down, ya heah? Incandescent bulbs are readily available here, at usual prices. Leave those curly bulbs to the dimwits on the left.

slotpuppy

Ass-hole
I have found some very brite florescent bulbs so the brightness doesnt bother me, plus I like throwing them in the trash to help contaminate the land fills. :dance:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !

Speaking of crappy toilets, I had one. Seemed to swirl and swirl and never did flush well. Came across a NEW older model that was the mid-range at 1.6 GPF (right?) and this is the best toilet I've ever had. So much so that if I move, I am taking my toilet with me :biggrin:.

Caution

I don't miss them because I still use them. I stocked up on them, so I'm good for decades.

Helped a friend clear out the home of a deceased family member a couple years ago. Found a large box with what must have been a hundred assorted light bulbs inside. There were gonna be thrown out so I asked for them. Good for a while I guess.

acommondisaster

I've noticed GE has jumped on the bandwagon - their latest commercial goes on and on about the new better bulbs, rather than the "dingy light from incandescent bulbs". Oh yes, it's the brainwashing of America.

Toxick

Splat
I can't tell any difference in the light quality between regular bulbs and the spiral florescent swirly-gigs.

I'm getting the feeling that there's a little bit of knee-jerking toward automatic distaste of something just because it's environmentally friendly.

They're both better than whale-fat lanterns or wax candles sitting in front of mirrors.