Lisa Marie Tippett

BernieP

Resident PIA
What torques me off is that she was in prison MANY times. Look at her records and you'll see numerous 90-day sentences. Merely a slap on the wrist each time, and honestly probably something a crackhead appreciated - 90 days to not worry about food or clothing or shelter. Then back off the wagon until the next break. The system we have is essentially useless at convincing people to change.

you realize she is mentally ill, and no matter how many years you lock her up it's likely she will remain mentally ill.
Let me give you a run down on what your typical jail spends on "food", "clothing" and "shelter".
I believe meals are less than a $1, not gourmet by any standard and not large either.
Prisoners don't get an endless supply of clean clothes. Basically what you have on your back and what ever underwear you can get from family or the exchange.
The majority of funds spent on jail construction is to keep prisoners in and for the safety and comfort as the corrections officers.
Total lack of privacy and tightly regimented. No A/C, minimal ventilation.
No sane person wants to go there and no sane person would want to go back.

officeguy

She's out of prison and doing VERY WELL! Clean AND sober. Helping other women get the same. Recently got engaged to a very nice man. A completely different person than she was during the using.

If someone as far along the path of self destruction as she was can kick it, there is hope for other addicts. Great news. I hope she can stay on the path of sobriety.

officeguy

What torques me off is that she was in prison MANY times. Look at her records and you'll see numerous 90-day sentences. Merely a slap on the wrist each time, and honestly probably something a crackhead appreciated - 90 days to not worry about food or clothing or shelter. Then back off the wagon until the next break. The system we have is essentially useless at convincing people to change.

I dont think she was in prison before. 90 day stints are in county lockup. The last time she got enough of a sentence to end up in state prison. The state system has lots of sticks and carrots to motivate the drug addicts to complete a treatment program (the first thing is that they have programs available, the county jails have very little in that regard).

Our judges are not doing the addicts a favor by giving them those ridiculous '6 months with 5 months 29 days suspended' sentences. The penalty for CDS possession is 4 years. Thefts, burglaries and the other typical drug offenses are on top of that. If the judges had the guts to give repeat offenders 3 and 4 year sentences they would be sent to the state prison system. This would have two effects:
- they are off the street and not commit any further crimes against the citizens
- they would have the opportunity to benefit from drug treatment and occupational training available in the state system

CRHS89

I think it is awesome that she is clean and sober. That takes a lot of hard work and determination. It would be nice if she could get as many kudos for turning her life around as she got criticism and insults on here before.

Tami2red

I think it is awesome that she is clean and sober. That takes a lot of hard work and determination. It would be nice if she could get as many kudos for turning her life around as she got criticism and insults on here before.

:yeahthat:

BernieP

Resident PIA
I dont think she was in prison before. 90 day stints are in county lockup. The last time she got enough of a sentence to end up in state prison. The state system has lots of sticks and carrots to motivate the drug addicts to complete a treatment program (the first thing is that they have programs available, the county jails have very little in that regard).

Our judges are not doing the addicts a favor by giving them those ridiculous '6 months with 5 months 29 days suspended' sentences. The penalty for CDS possession is 4 years. Thefts, burglaries and the other typical drug offenses are on top of that. If the judges had the guts to give repeat offenders 3 and 4 year sentences they would be sent to the state prison system. This would have two effects:
- they are off the street and not commit any further crimes against the citizens
- they would have the opportunity to benefit from drug treatment and occupational training available in the state system

correct, except sending them to Jessup they would probably end up dead before the finished any treatment.

DannyMotorcycle

you realize she is mentally ill, and no matter how many years you lock her up it's likely she will remain mentally ill.
Let me give you a run down on what your typical jail spends on "food", "clothing" and "shelter".
I believe meals are less than a $1, not gourmet by any standard and not large either.
Prisoners don't get an endless supply of clean clothes. Basically what you have on your back and what ever underwear you can get from family or the exchange.
The majority of funds spent on jail construction is to keep prisoners in and for the safety and comfort as the corrections officers.
Total lack of privacy and tightly regimented. No A/C, minimal ventilation.
No sane person wants to go there and no sane person would want to go back.

prisoners do get an endless supply of clean clothes (an on going laundered clean outfit for every day)..including underwear... and the buildings do have A/C. Many sane but stupid people dont' mind going back. I guess it depends on what jail your'e talking about though. A friend from the past is a habitual offender and he always complains about how cold it is in there to keep inmates from sweating. well i wouldnt' say a friend but you know what i mean, and acquaintance.

ODAT

I am so glad you all are so perfect that you can pull up crap from years ago and judge someone you know nothing about. Be grateful you don't have someone in your family with an alcohol or drug addiction, its the hardest thing to pull yourself out from that pit and become a useful member of society.

BernieP

Resident PIA
prisoners do get an endless supply of clean clothes (an on going laundered clean outfit for every day)..including underwear... and the buildings do have A/C. Many sane but stupid people dont' mind going back. I guess it depends on what jail your'e talking about though. A friend from the past is a habitual offender and he always complains about how cold it is in there to keep inmates from sweating. well i wouldnt' say a friend but you know what i mean, and acquaintance.

Not in St. Mary's. They routinely have at least one inmate croak during the summer from the heat.
The inmates can have what they buy through the commissary, which is a x2 factor over retail. There is no endless supply, they are issued one set.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Be grateful you don't have someone in your family with an alcohol or drug addiction, its the hardest thing to pull yourself out from that pit and become a useful member of society.

You certainly do have a lot of nerve to assume this.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Was talking about her today with a co-worker. Haven't seen anything about her in years. Is she still around? She was an icon of St Mary's kind of how Wheels was for Calvert Co.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Was talking about her today with a co-worker. Haven't seen anything about her in years. Is she still around? She was an icon of St Mary's kind of how Wheels was for Calvert Co.

She was working, staying out of trouble for a while after staying focused on her recovery and mental health issues, however, this past summer I do believe she got a DWI. A DWI doesn't always mean alcohol and it could have been something off with her meds but without details that is where it is. Hopefully she gets herself back on track. She really worked hard on re-imaging herself.

black dog

Free America
She was working, staying out of trouble for a while after staying focused on her recovery and mental health issues, however, this past summer I do believe she got a DWI. A DWI doesn't always mean alcohol and it could have been something off with her meds but without details that is where it is. Hopefully she gets herself back on track. She really worked hard on re-imaging herself.

Does she still flash folks on GMB?

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Nothing about her or a DWI on the MD Judiciary site in recent years.

Look again, it is there!

Charge No:1Statute Code:TA.21.902.B1.I
Charge Description:(DRIVING, ATTEMPTING TO DRIVE) VEH. WHILE IMPAIRED BY ALCOHOL

Go Back
Case Information

Court System:District Court For Calvert County - Traffic System
Citation Number:0100WTN
Case Title:State of Maryland vs. LISA MARIE TIPPETT
Case Type:Citation - Traffic
Filing Date:06/06/2021
Violation Date:06/06/2021Violation Time:01:03:00 PM
Violation County:Calvert County
Agency Name:
Officer ID:Officer Name:
Case Status:Open

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Look again, it is there!

Charge No:1Statute Code:TA.21.902.B1.I

Charge Description:(DRIVING, ATTEMPTING TO DRIVE) VEH. WHILE IMPAIRED BY ALCOHOL

Go Back
Case Information

Court System:District Court For Calvert County - Traffic System
Citation Number:0100WTN
Case Title:State of Maryland vs. LISA MARIE TIPPETT
Case Type:Citation - Traffic
Filing Date:06/06/2021
Violation Date:06/06/2021Violation Time:01:03:00 PM
Violation County:Calvert County
Agency Name:
Officer ID:Officer Name:
Case Status:Open
Ok... I searched St Mary's Co, not Calvert.