Lisa's Ark Critter Rescue Inc. 501(c)3 Non-Profit

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
We are celebrating 10 years as a 501(c)3 Maryland Non-Profit and we need your help to continue helping homeless animals in Southern Maryland.

Your donation is 100% tax deductible:

PLEASE DONATE

Donate.png

Attachments

• Donate.png
    Donate.png
    99.5 KB · Views: 293

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Life has been crazy and although I have my phone on me 24/7, I don't have a computer in front of me constantly as I used to, so it got harder to keep up with chats on the computer. I have been teaching Technology classes for a public school system which is very demanding.
PS - After being laid off from my job of 25 1/2 years I had to work FT at half my prior FT pay plus add 2 PT jobs to make enough money to support myself and all the critters. I've been VERY busy the past 7 years believe me. Now it's time for me to exchange the FT job for a SS check but I'll have to expand my PT income to bridge the income gap.

PeoplesElbow

PS - After being laid off from my job of 25 1/2 years I had to work FT at half my prior FT pay plus add 2 PT jobs to make enough money to support myself and all the critters. I've been VERY busy the past 7 years believe me. Now it's time for me to exchange the FT job for a SS check but I'll have to expand my PT income to bridge the income gap.
SS? Had no idea you were that age.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
One can start collecting at 62. The mathematics of "waiting to collect" means that you don't start to benefit from waiting until after 12 years and if I wait until I'm 68 or 70 to collect plus then have to live at least 12 years to start getting the EXTRA money, I could be dead by then.
That's what a lot of smart people have done, myself included. Take it early at a slightly reduced monthly, but it's yours to use now rather than wait. The couple a dollars a month more you'd get if you wait until 'full retirement' age just isn't worth it.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
That's what I'm shooting for, retiring at 62 and continuing to repair trolling motors as long as I can, with limited mower repair as a side bonus. It's not ideal, but I'll play the cards I've been dealt. At least my kids have put down roots here and I have a grandson to take fishing.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
That's what I'm shooting for, retiring at 62 and continuing to repair trolling motors as long as I can, with limited mower repair as a side bonus. It's not ideal, but I'll play the cards I've been dealt. At least my kids have put down roots here and I have a grandson to take fishing.
Just have to remember that once you start collecting SS before full retirement, you have a limit as to how much you can make on the side.

ontheriver

We are celebrating 10 years as a 501(c)3 Maryland Non-Profit and we need your help to continue helping homeless animals in Southern Maryland.

Your donation is 100% tax deductible:

PLEASE DONATE

View attachment 166916
I am giving you a shout out for my TWO loves. Tajii in 2009 and Flea in 2020. They are both perfect matches for me and I can't thank you enough for what you do. Tajii is getting old now but still kicking. Flea is young and full of pizz and vinegar and a perfect little boy.

Please don't stop doing what you do.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Just have to remember that once you start collecting SS before full retirement, you have a limit as to how much you can make on the side.
I'm aware. I've worked with quite a few retirees who were only working to supplement their retirement. Despite being the only Authorized Minn Kota Service Center in MD, we don't have enough work for a full time tech. Even with the covid induced boating bonanza of the last couple of years, the trolling motor repair business isn't really booming. And there's a reason why they call side work, side work. ;)

Last edited:

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I started taking it early when I turned 64 in March 2021. SSA monthly pays the cost of a debt consolidation loan I took out.
We racked up quite a bit while my Mrs. was out of work from August 1997 - August 2012. She was dealing with PTSD and other effects of her service connected disabilities. The debt has shrunk quite a lot in the past year and a half.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
yeah back to bartering ...
Bartering has been a way of doing business here on the waterfront for as long as I've lived and worked on it. It has its limitations, of course, but its why I seldom have to pay anything for oysters, fish, crabs, pier work etc... And beer...boxes of Corona routinely appear in my shop fridge, as if by magic. Locals know what the accepted form of currency is. :buddies:

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Bartering has been a way of doing business here on the waterfront for as long as I've lived and worked on it. It has its limitations, of course, but its why I seldom have to pay anything for oysters, fish, crabs, pier work etc... And beer...boxes of Corona routinely appear in my shop fridge, as if by magic. Locals know what the accepted form of currency is. :buddies:

Pops always had a bucket of oysters in the well house. Crabs were plentiful in the summer from repairs made throughout the year.

About that Corona. People are just trying to get rid of it before it eats through the bottle and makes a mess. :razz: