Lisa's Ark Critter Rescue Inc. 501(c)3 Non-Profit

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
That's what a lot of smart people have done, myself included. Take it early at a slightly reduced monthly, but it's yours to use now rather than wait. The couple a dollars a month more you'd get if you wait until 'full retirement' age just isn't worth it.
After my Math Major co-worker did the calculations to figure it all out, I was like hmmmm it doesn't make ANY sense at all to wait. You can make up to a limit in extra income before for your SS benefits are reduced and then they are reduced by $1 for every $2 over the limit you earn. In 2023 the earning limit is supposed to be raised from the current $19k to $23k. Meaning that I can continue to work half the year (public school pay) before my SS benefits are reduced, thereby giving me the extra money I need to pay down my credit card debt.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
My retirement was kind of unique. I retired early at 59 (best move ever....). I had a choice of how I wanted to schedule my retirement benefits thru my employer. I opted for a plan that gave me elevated pension until age 62, at which time I had to start collecting SS. Then my pension was reduced by the amount of my SS benefit, so no change in income. In the end, that gave me the best income profile before I started getting a disbursement from my IRA.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I am giving you a shout out for my TWO loves. Tajii in 2009 and Flea in 2020. They are both perfect matches for me and I can't thank you enough for what you do. Tajii is getting old now but still kicking. Flea is young and full of pizz and vinegar and a perfect little boy.

Please don't stop doing what you do.
I am currently in contact with the Tri-County Shelter about any special cases they may need to put in rescue to avoid euthanasia, but I am also looking for a female beagle for my Mom, and I can add any other critters to the list for others who are open to saving a life. I get so excited when I can pick up a critter from the shelter or help someone who goes there to adopt from the shelter directly.

PeoplesElbow

One can start collecting at 62. The mathematics of "waiting to collect" means that you don't start to benefit from waiting until after 12 years and if I wait until I'm 68 or 70 to collect plus then have to live at least 12 years to start getting the EXTRA money, I could be dead by then.
I'm taking it ASAP, my dad died at 55. I also figure once I'm getting it then it's less likely they make cuts to it.

I'm 48, I was thinking you was close to that.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I'm taking it ASAP, my dad died at 55. I also figure once I'm getting it then it's less likely they make cuts to it.

I'm 48, I was thinking you was close to that.
oh sure I'm close to 48 yeah uh huh NOT ...... this picture of me was actually taken a few years ago during a cold day when I had on a black hoodie. It turned out to be a decent picture of me. I started working at age 16 and have worked continuously since then. I usually worked more than 1 job also, like now I have 3 jobs plus the animal rescue which makes me a very busy person. I want to be less busy in 2023 so I am going to trade my FT job for a SS retirement check.

PeoplesElbow

oh sure I'm close to 48 yeah uh huh NOT ...... this picture of me was actually taken a few years ago during a cold day when I had on a black hoodie. It turned out to be a decent picture of me. I started working at age 16 and have worked continuously since then. I usually worked more than 1 job also, like now I have 3 jobs plus the animal rescue which makes me a very busy person. I want to be less busy in 2023 so I am going to trade my FT job for a SS retirement check.
That's a recent pic? Wow

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
I am currently in contact with the Tri-County Shelter about any special cases they may need to put in rescue to avoid euthanasia, but I am also looking for a female beagle for my Mom, and I can add any other critters to the list for others who are open to saving a life. I get so excited when I can pick up a critter from the shelter or help someone who goes there to adopt from the shelter directly.
I had a Great Pyrenees/St Bernard mix, got her at 6 months, had to let her go on at 11 yrs. Best dog we ever had.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
For your consideration ...

Do you have a website showing your available animals?
No we had to give up our domain when I was laid off since I had no money to continue it. We have a free Wix site but it's hard to figure out so I never got beyond the initial setup and have not had time to work on learning the ins/outs to update it. Even the donate link stopped working.

LightRoasted

If I may ...

No we had to give up our domain when I was laid off since I had no money to continue it. We have a free Wix site but it's hard to figure out so I never got beyond the initial setup and have not had time to work on learning the ins/outs to update it. Even the donate link stopped working.

Looking for a black lab if'in you have some, or know where to get one.

stgislander

PREMO Member

What about Facebook? Seems small businesses/organizations are getting away from websites and going the Facebook route.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !

Looking for a black lab if'in you have some, or know where to get one.

What about Facebook? Seems small businesses/organizations are getting away from websites and going the Facebook route.
Yes I setup a FB page but have not had time to learn much about using it to setup photo galleries and donation links etc. I am hoping if I trade the FT job for a SS check that I can spend time learning the ropes to improve the rescue's online presence: /LisasCritterRescue/

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
May I donate my cat, please? :kitty:
Sure there is a $250 Donation to the rescue required for each cat we accept to cover vet expenses, food, and supplies. Some cats that we accepted were never adopted and lived the rest of their lives in foster care with limited human interaction which is so sad.