Littering!

blacklabman

Some outfit with a Waldorf phone number thinks it is OK to throw advertisements in my front yard. I call this littering and should be prosecuted as such.

Anybody else having this problem?

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
The only time I'm really tempted to litter is when stuff gets stuck under your windshield wipers on your car in the parking lot.

I'd call that company that littered in your yard and give them a nasty gram.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
I'd call too!! My parents have always had a problem with people littering since they live right on a corner with streets on 2 sides of their yard. At least once a week my Dad has to go out and pick up all the sh*t. Then, at election time without asking several people just stick signs in the corner of the yard! I mean, the nerve!! They only have an acre of land and the house is clearly visible to the road - if they want to post a sign they should at least ask first (just so my Dad can tell them H*ll No!).

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I have problems with some advertising paper throwing their unsolicited plastic-wrapped bundle in my driveway. Is this the same thing you're getting?

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
That's the one, Bluto! I throw it in the trash, too. But how do you get them to stop throwing that stuff in my driveway?

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Ponytail
Can't you bring up the issue with your home owners association?
I'm not in a subdivision. They just chuck the paper in the general direction of the end of my driveway. I've retrieved them from the drainage ditches many times. They seem to stop delivery for a time, then start back up.

Ponytail

I know they do that here too (philly). I've just been dealing with it for so long, its just not a bother...rather more like a daily ritual. I take the dog out, pick up the advertising roll, and throw it away.
Or I skip a few days, and pick it up as I'm dragging the trash can down to the end of the driveway.

If it happens when I move to Lusby, I'm going to try training the dog to do it for me. :biggrin:

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
Revenge

Find out who is tossing them and follow them back.

Get a yard sprayer with "grass and weed killer" loaded up at 4X recommended concentration.

Then, at 2AM on night, write as many profane messages out on the lawn as possible. It'll get their attention within the week. :wink:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
If it happens when I move to Lusby, I'm going to try training the dog to do it for me. :biggrin:
I haven't sold my house in Lusby yet and we find them in the driveway there, too, so I also get to clean them up there. :frown:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
I don't get that stuff here, no one wants to come to the end of the road. :lol:

Vince

My personal favorite is not the litter bug that tosses it in your yard, it's the one that drives down the road with the open bed pickup and let's it fly out onto the road, yard or anywhere else. And he's probably on his way to the dump.

blacklabman

jazz lady

Sorry about the late response....that mid-day nap thing.

I sure it is the same thing; "Advertiser".