Little League Senior Tournament

donbarzini

My son is supposed to play in the All-star tourneament @Dorsey park starting tomorrow. Went by the field yesterday. Didn't look to be in the best shape. And the outfield slopes down toward the fence. Plus the gulley in right center.
Anyone know why they changed it from Chancellor's Run to Dorsey?

yankee44

My son is supposed to play in the All-star tourneament @Dorsey park starting tomorrow. Went by the field yesterday. Didn't look to be in the best shape. And the outfield slopes down toward the fence. Plus the gulley in right center.

Why did they change it?? That field at Dorsey SUCKS!! Wait till one of your players steps on that so called mound.

oldman

Lobster Land
Please do not misunderstand me, but as one that has been on the outside of little league we do have to keep in mind that the game if for the "kids". Parents can just sometimes get in the way. I'm not suggesting your concern isn't noteworthy, but have you heard one of the "kids" say this field is crappy and I'm not going to play on it? Maybe becoming involved in the league in some compacity, other than spectator, would contribute. I'm not being negative but I just read to many cases of parents complaining while the kids could care less just as long as they can play - and isn't that what's it's all about?

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)

They changed it from Chancellor's due to overbooking I believe. They needed the park for something else.

vegmom

Bookseller Lady
Please do not misunderstand me, but as one that has been on the outside of little league we do have to keep in mind that the game if for the "kids". Parents can just sometimes get in the way. I'm not suggesting your concern isn't noteworthy, but have you heard one of the "kids" say this field is crappy and I'm not going to play on it? Maybe becoming involved in the league in some compacity, other than spectator, would contribute. I'm not being negative but I just read to many cases of parents complaining while the kids could care less just as long as they can play - and isn't that what's it's all about?

Check the title under his user name. :whistle:

oldman

Lobster Land
Check the title under his user name. :whistle:

OK, my comment about getting involved was out of line but I still maintain it's the kids that play that are the most important. Playing on a bad field isn't the best we'd all like to see but it's better than not playing at all. And Don, congrats to the kid for making the all-star team.

oldman

Lobster Land
And aren't there rules on field conditions? I'm somewhat up on another states rules because I assisted an all-star team and the rules were pretty definitive. The mound had to be up just so high, etc.. Again I'm not being negative but it sounds as if something isn't right.

vegmom

Bookseller Lady
OK, my comment about getting involved was out of line but I still maintain it's the kids that play that are the most important. Playing on a bad field isn't the best we'd all like to see but it's better than not playing at all. And Don, congrats to the kid for making the all-star team.

Well, bad fields can lead to a bad game or injuries. I like how Parks and Rec here in Calvert has done keeping their fields in shape. Some of the school fields need alot of work though (ES and MS). Our middle school teams play their games on Parks and Rec fields. My daughter got a look at the field where she'll be attending MS next year and just groaned. The kid's don't have to have a field that looks like Camden Yards, but having someone run a rake over the infield every once in a while and making sure the pitching rubber is in the right spot can't hurt. :popcorn:

yankee44

Hey dumby, Don is the VP for Waldorf National Little League and I am the VP and the 13, 14 year old coach for St Mary's National Little League. :smack:

I dont think you can get much more involved in the league than we are!!!!:buttkick:

donbarzini

Hey dumby, Don is the VP for Waldorf National Little League and I am the VP and the 13, 14 year old coach for St Mary's National Little League. :smack:

I dont think you can get much more involved in the league than we are!!!!:buttkick:

I didn't realize that's who you were!!! I just finished umpiring your last two games. I did 1st both days.

oldman

Lobster Land

Think I said "don't misunderstand me" and I wasn't trying to demean anyone. I said what I said based upon what was posted and was unaware of how involved you and Don were involved. I certainly didn't mean any disrespect. But do not call me a dumby again if you please.

Last edited:

yankee44

I didn't realize that's who you were!!! I just finished umpiring your last two games. I did 1st both days.

We just fell right apart that last game. 6 games in 6 days. I think the kids were tired. 3 of the nights we did not get home till well after midnight.

I guess 2nd place is not bad concidering, 1. we lost our very first game and 2. I thought we would be lucky to win 2 games with the pitching we had.

donbarzini

We just fell right apart that last game. 6 games in 6 days. I think the kids were tired. 3 of the nights we did not get home till well after midnight.

I guess 2nd place is not bad concidering, 1. we lost our very first game and 2. I thought we would be lucky to win 2 games with the pitching we had.

To come out of the loser's bracket on the very 1st day and ride it out to the end should make your guys proud(Even though they don't feel that way right away). Good job.

yankee44

To come out of the loser's bracket on the very 1st day and ride it out to the end should make your guys proud(Even though they don't feel that way right away). Good job.

They felt like crap right after the game but a few hours after they were kinda proud.

After the game I told them the 2nd place in the largest district in maryland was very good, and that NCLL has a whole lot more kids to chose from to make their team.

donbarzini

They felt like crap right after the game but a few hours after they were kinda proud.

After the game I told them the 2nd place in the largest district in maryland was very good, and that NCLL has a whole lot more kids to chose from to make their team.

Now I just gotta ask you.....Which coach were you? The one I talked to about the 1st baseman making the play with his eyes closed? Or the one I spoke to about your center fielder dropping the f-bomb?

yankee44

Now I just gotta ask you.....Which coach were you? The one I talked to about the 1st baseman making the play with his eyes closed? Or the one I spoke to about your center fielder dropping the f-bomb?

The one that told you to through him out of the game. He has a major hot head witch is too bad because he is a good ball player when his head is screwed on straight. I just got him in the middle of the season.

donbarzini

The one that told you to through him out of the game. He has a major hot head witch is too bad because he is a good ball player when his head is screwed on straight. I just got him in the middle of the season.

I noticed the temper when he was pitching. The plate ump called him for those 2 consecutive balks and he was about to melt down. But after the ump and you talked to him he was fine for the rest of the game. Pitched his young butt off.

yankee44

I noticed the temper when he was pitching. The plate ump called him for those 2 consecutive balks and he was about to melt down. But after the ump and you talked to him he was fine for the rest of the game. Pitched his young butt off.

I never thought we would have won that game. I was out of pitchers. Jay the one mentioned above and Josh pitched a combined 3 to 4 innings all year. But the pulled it off.

I bet the Waldorf coach was kicking himself in the butt after that game he thought we were going to just roll over and play dead. When we did the coin toss he said we want to hit and took visitors.:killingme

donbarzini

I never thought we would have won that game. I was out of pitchers. Jay the one mentioned above and Josh pitched a combined 3 to 4 innings all year. But the pulled it off.

I bet the Waldorf coach was kicking himself in the butt after that game he thought we were going to just roll over and play dead. When we did the coin toss he said we want to hit and took visitors.:killingme

And talk about a temper?!? I thought he was gonna stroke out when I made the call at first when the ball popped out of your 1st basemen's glove and he caught it bare handed before the runner crossed the bag. The damndest play I've seen in years. His eyes were CLOSED when he caught the ball!!!! It just dropped into his hand and he squeezed it.